I'm a little confused.....so i have ?'s

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ill wil

1. Whats the deal with the Dark Brotherhood reinventing itself...again?
2. Without a listener how did the Dark Brotherhood receive contracts?
3. The College of Winterhold...what happen to The Arcane University??
4. No mention of the Fighters Guild....so what happen to them?
5. NO GREY FOX......(Ik about what happen to him in Oblivion) BUT where is he now?
6. The adoring fan is really Cicero??? owow lol

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
1. The Sanctuary in Skyrim is the last one in all of Tamriel (so they think) so they try to rebuild. The "again" may mean the stuff in Oblivion when someone infiltrated the Dark Brotherhood and almost killed the Black Hand.
2. I think i heard them talk about "thing go around" (rumors)
3. The Arcane University is just the HQ and school for the Mage guild in Cyrodill. The College is like the same but in Skyrim (and the only place for Mages to study at all in Skyrim)
4. They don't like to operate in Skyrim because of the presence of the Companions which are much older and more respected in Skyrim than the Fighters Guild.
5. No one knows. The Guild has been in a crisis for many many years and are more dedicated to Nocturnal then some guy running around with a mask. But I still think that one day Nocturnal will grant this hood/mask to someone worthy.
6. I have no freaking ide ;D

Metallipath

Premium Member
Only one thing I can change from what was already said. I remember reading that the College of Winterhold has nothing to do with the Mages Guild, but it definitely is the only place for mages to study in Skyrim.

ill wil

1. The Sanctuary in Skyrim is the last one in all of Tamriel (so they think) so they try to rebuild. The "again" may mean the stuff in Oblivion when someone infiltrated the Dark Brotherhood and almost killed the Black Hand.
2. I think i heard them talk about "thing go around" (rumors)
3. The Arcane University is just the HQ and school for the Mage guild in Cyrodill. The College is like the same but in Skyrim (and the only place for Mages to study at all in Skyrim)
4. They don't like to operate in Skyrim because of the presence of the Companions which are much older and more respected in Skyrim than the Fighters Guild.
5. No one knows. The Guild has been in a crisis for many many years and are more dedicated to Nocturnal then some guy running around with a mask. But I still think that one day Nocturnal will grant this hood/mask to someone worthy.
6. I have no freaking ide ;D

5. Ok I can buy that but the Grey fox ran the Guild and from what the Skyrim story tells....The Nightingales serves Nocturnal as agents and this a splinter group. The Guild itself has Nocturnal as a patron so if thats the case along with this story...."Gray Fox is the guildmaster of the Thieves Guild. The Gray Fox gets his name from his sneakiness in thievery and from the gray mask, the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, that he wears. The first Gray Fox stole the cowl from the daedric princess Nocturnal herself. The title of Gray Fox is passed from leader to successor by giving the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal to the successor. Since the successor then becomes the Gray Fox, though many think that he has been alive for over 300 years."
"In a randomly found book titled "Purloined Shadows", a young female thief is enlisted to help a master thief. During a ritual performed by witches, the daedric god Nocturnal is summoned. Nocturnal removes her cowl during the ritual. The young thief is hiding there, waiting for the master's signal to steal the cowl. Suddenly, the master's voice cries out, warning Nocturnal of the young thief's presence. Nocturnal turns and begins to strangle the young thief. The young thief, before she dies, notices that the cowl has disappeared. It is presumed that the master thief then dons the cowl and becomes the Gray Fox, activating the curse of the cowl in the process. It is unknown whether the book is true or not, but it tells possibly the only full story of how the Gray Fox came to be in possession of the cowl. The names of both thieves are never revealed in the book; however, at the end of the Thieves' Guild quest line, the current Gray Fox names Emer Dareloth as the true thief of the cowl."

ill wil

Only one thing I can change from what was already said. I remember reading that the College of Winterhold has nothing to do with the Mages Guild, but it definitely is the only place for mages to study in Skyrim.
ohh ok