• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Chuckling as Askar threw the bag back towards him, Rufinu preceded on towards Adraria's house. How difficult would it be to say goodbye to her for a second time? Of course she would just dismiss it and wait until his return, just like every enchanted person. But for him it was something different, it was a great sense of guilt. Until he would return, her everyday thoughts would be paralyzed, they would all be about him. He couldn't stand the thought, and he had to deal with Adraria quickly.

Walking up to her door, he gave it a weak knock which any normal person would have never heard. But Adraria was already there, swiftly opening the door and giving off a cry of joy, it was like she hadn't seem him in ages. "Oh Rufinu, I was so worried about you last night. Come in, have some tea. I was worried you would never come back", the reaction was a normal one for any enchanted women. Rufinu could already feel his stomach turning over, Adraria was so innocent and clueless, while he knew everything and refused to change it up. Right here he could break the spell and order Askar to come over here. And perhaps if he found the proper book, he could find a spell to do the same. But he refused to do so, and that is what made him feel so horrible.

The tea had already been brewed and was hot from the pot which it had been boiling over the wooden fire. Pouring Askar a cup, she gave him a big kiss on the check and smiled. "It's nice and warm, I worked on it all night". In truth the whole thing about Adraria being obsessed with him was sort of scary, like he was being stalked by her. It felt terrible to admit, but if she remained under enchantment, he was glad to be leaving Whiterun and instead fight vampires who had lost all sense of sanity.

Taking a sip of the tea, Rufinu sighed and tried to tell Adraria what he intended to do to the best of his ability. Placing his tea cup down, he looked her into the eyes and spoke. "This is very difficult to say Adraria, but I must leave Whiterun for the time being. And I am uncertain when I shall return".

Finishing his sentence, he waited for the breakout that she had over at the tavern. He was waiting for him to be thrown over, and instead of being covered in ale, the boiling tea which had been over the fireplace. But none of this happened, and Adraria only stood there silent. After a few seconds, she spoke. "And I shall be waiting for you Rufinu, not matter the time it takes for you to return. I shall look out my window everyday, and wait for your arrival. A beautiful prince can come to my doorstep and ask for my hand in marriage, and I will deny him. My loyalty lies solely with you Rufinu".

One word could describe her response to him, frustrating. This was not the real Adraria he was speaking to, the way he loved so much so long ago. It was a women under a false sense of consciousness. This had to be done with soon, Askar being cured, the reunion of his wife, and then the redemption for his parents that he so long thrived for. And maybe once all of that was over with, he would then deserve to have a women like Adraria.

Kissing her on the cheek, she attempted to speak but Rufinu shushed her off by placing his index finger next to her lips. Coldly he then said, "I must go". Coughing, he stood up and walked out of the room, and then out of the house.

As he walked outside, his spine felt like a knife had just been thrown up against it. But it wasn't the cold air of Skyrim which had provoked this, it was the guilt he would be living with for who knew how long. He would just have to do his best to combat it.

Walking back towards the marketplace, Rufinu could see Askar walking back from the blacksmith. In his hand was a fur coat, just what Rufinu had wanted, and it looked fine indeed. Askar never disappointed him did he?

Askar

Vampire Enthusiast. Serana Lover.
    Askar walked up with the goods he had crafted for Rufinu, new fur-lined gloves, boots, and the fur vest. Setting a heavy hand upon Rufinu's shoulder, Askar gave a soft smile behind his mask and nodded.

"So, my friend, how did it go?"

Askar listened to Rufinu tell him all about Adraria's attitude and gave a light chuckle, "Once we leave town, it'll wear off. Seeing as I didn't bite her, she'll only stay under my sway so long as I am in the same general area as her. Once out of range, it'll wear off and she won't be any wiser about anything."

Clapping Rufinu on the shoulder with a chuckle, Askar gestured to the new cloths, "Hurry up and put those on and make sure they fix before we leave. We have to make sure they are nice and snug before we go, I mean, whats the fun in delving into a Dwarven Ruin if your shoes don't fit?"

So there was the decision, they would go to the ruin and find the Chalice of Mara. It was good hindsight after all, seeing as if they had the Chalice, then they could avenge Rufinu's family and look for Askar's wife at the same time, seeing as the majority of the danger would be out of the way.

"Besides, it'll be a cake walk. Isn't like we haven't killing worse things than some old machines and probably some Falmer. We'll be fine, so long as those fit." Askar knocked on the plate boots with his own plated knuckles and grinned.

"Well. Go on."

Walking over to a bench in the marketplace, Rufinu took a seat as Askar stood over him. Slipping his old worn down shoes off him and throwing them onto the ground, he took his new fur boats and slid each one over his foot. Instantly he could feel the difference, the fur lining in the inside was just splendid and wonderful. With these boots now over him, he had no clue how he managed to prevent himself from getting frost bite back over in Winterhold. The frost resistance potions he made must of been really strong, for being an Imperial didn't help at all with the cold.

Trying on the gloves and placing the fur coat over his robe, he couldn't help but smile. It seemed rather silly, but it just felt so amazing wearing his new outfit. The coldness of Skyrim now felt so much less freezing. If him and Askar ever returned to the chilly northern ice fields of Skyrim, he would have no trouble fighting the cold.

"I can't thank you enough Askar, you've been such a good friend", about to pat his friend on the back, another thought lingered into Rufinu's mind, something that both of them had almost forgotten. "What of the Orc, the one you met in the tavern yesterday? Say, let me run back to Arcadia and grab those potions I asked for and you tell that Orc whatever you need to tell him".

Askar

Vampire Enthusiast. Serana Lover.
    Askar shrugged lightly and shook his head, "I do not think that Orc will want to come with us now. He was only in it for plunders I could barely promise were there. I do not think he will want to come searching for my wife and your family. After all, Orcs see wives differently than we do."

Askar tried to leave it at that, but felt that Rufinu would have more to say. Askars eyes looked over towards the Gildergreen, the old decrepit tree that had caught his eyes when he first came to the city. Askar then looked back to Rufinu,

"Maybe in our travels, we can find a way to heal this old tree. I feel saddened that it stands here, decrepit and dead, instead of alive and full."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts