• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Nodding, Rufinu opened the doors leading out towards the tavern. By now it was late in the night, almost everyone besides the local drunks and those staying the night had left for home. Rufinu began to chuckle upon one drunk Nord stating that he had seen a Dwarven and a Snow Elf dancing in the mountains around Skyrim.

Opening the door leading out of the tavern, he let the cold dry air of Whiterun take its course over Rufinu for a minute or two. While he could feel his skin shivering, the air was so fresh and wonderful for his lungs. Walking past the city market, Rufinu began to look at the Gildergreen that lay dead in the center of the city. The tree reminded him of Askar, and how he had been looking at the tree earlier. It reminded Rufinu of his future with Askar, after they found the cup to cure him from his "disease".

To be honest, Rufinu didn't know what effects Askar would experience upon receiving the cure. Would he return to feeling the same age upon the time he received the disease, or would he turn into a pile of dust. He didn't know, and that was what Rufinu feared the most. He couldn't stand the idea of losing what practically was his only friend, the only person's companionship he enjoyed while trekking around Tamriel. Sometimes Rufinu wished that Askar wouldn't cure himself, so that he would have to face the unknown. But such an act would of been of great selfishness, and he could not do that to his dear friend who wanted to see his family and join his ancestors up in Sovengarde. Perhaps he would tell his family stories of him, the man Rufinu who had changed his life. But would they already know, perhaps they were watching over him and Askar right now. And he had already had that little encounter with Askar's daughter, perhaps she would ask Askar about him upon his arrival.

Finally walking up to Adraria's house, Rufinu took his hand and began to bang on the door. The door seemed to instantly open as Adraria stood there waiting, dressed in a beautiful night gown with her eyes glittering in the moonlighter.

Smiling, she kissed him on the cheek. "It's so good to see you in privacy, come on in". Walking inside, Adraria motioned him into the kitchen. "Would you like something to drink" she asked, pointing towards the several bottles lined up near the table.

"I'll take an ale please", responded Rufinu. Who took a seat next to the table, Adraria tossed him the ale and she sat down as well, with an ale in her hand also.

"So what have you done since our little split?"

Taking a sip out of his ale, Rufinu set it down. "Well I was up in High Rock for a bit, been here since with my one friend".

"You mean that man who talked to me?", interrupted Adraria. "There's something about him, it's like he renewed my love for you. I felt like it was snapped in half, for only for it to tie itself back together after speaking to him".

"No plops" muttered Rufinu. The seduction spell still in his mind.

"Did you say something", responded Adraria. Looking at Rufinu with great interest, and setting down her ale.

"No, I think you might of heard something that wasn't there. It happens to the all of us".

Smiling, Adraria stood up from her chair and walked over to Rufinu, sitting on his lap. "Come on, let's head to my room. I think its...time we made up for lost time".

Askar

Vampire Enthusiast. Serana Lover.
    Askar retired to his own room, eternally tired feet trudging up the stairs and down the hall to the far back corner room. Finally making it to the door, Askar set a hand upon the nob, but froze, as if something had him transfixed, or possibly even...scared? His other hand dropped to his axe, and gently lifted it form its holster, and gripped it firmly in his hand, before opening the door slowly.

The room was dark, almost ungodly so, with the only thing visible were two orange red eyes, and a glint of pearl white teeth in a grin. It didn't take long for Askar to know who this was, Orthjolf, one of Lord Harkon's cronies up in Castle Volkihar.

"Hello there kinsman. Its been long." Orthjolf said in his thick Nord accent, which made Askar's hair rise on the back of his neck. While true, they were kinsmen, Orthjolf liked to always point out their one connection besides race; blood.

"Hello Orthjolf, I see you've taken to act like a thief, breaking into rooms you're not welcome in." Askar replied cooly, stepping into his room to shut the door. Darkness enveloped them, yet each knew exactly where the other was.

"Put that wood axe away Askar, before you get yourself in trouble." Orthjolf said sharply, but Askar didn't budge.

"You know better than to command me around Orthjolf, I ripped your arm off once, I can do it again. You don't a healer at your side this time to patch it back to your chest. Now what do you want."

Orthjolf snarled low in his throat and rose to his feet, pointed teeth bared in an aggressive manner for vampires. Askar stood his ground, the two engaged in a wordless battle of bravado. Minutes past, though it seemed like hours, until finally, Orthjolf broke the silence.

"Lord Harkon has heard about your little romp with the Werewolves and you're cute little friendship with the Vigilant. How long are you going to kid yourself Askar. We made you, all those years ago, you think you can undo what we've done? Don't be a fool. I've come here to offer you another chance at redemption, another chance at finding real power. Come back with me to Castle Volkihar."

Though Orthjolf couldn't see through his mask, the other Nord knew Askar was snarling at him. His body language gave it all away. Puffing up like a cat about to strike, Askar looked like he had puffed up at least a few new inches, chest out, hair raised, body tense. When he spoke, his voice was but a mere whisper, venom dripping off his tongue like a viper.

"How dare you show your face to me again you sick, ugly piece of elf plops." While Askar, not a racist man, knew how to upset Orthjolf, and this was the best way. "You're no better than them, pandering on with words and words like some scholar. Go back to your books and your castle, and those magic fingers you like to wiggle and cast spells, and leave me, a true Nord to my own business."

Though far from over, Askar paused to watch Orthjolf react, and react he did. The vampiric Nord bristled and snarled, an ugly looking growl overtaking his already ugly face.

"You and your filth in that cave all those years ago are nothing. You're nothing. I nearly killed you then, and I'll kill you again now. You were lucky Orthjolf, lucky that you managed to bite me on the arm after your lackies had broken a piece of my armor. I don't see any of your lackies now though, you're all alone. Vulnerable, and I'm no weak mortal man like I was then. I'm more powerful than you'll ever dream of becoming, and I wouldn't be surprised if your "Master" sent you here to die. Now get out of my room, and take this message back to your Lord."

Askar, in no subtle way, flipped Orthjolf the bird and then opened the door, showing him the way out.

Under the strictest orders to -not- kill Askar, Orthjolf snarled and spit on the ground before walking forward and forcefully pushing Askar out of the way. He stopped however, once right outside the door and looked over his shoulder with a look Askar wasn't expecting. It was smug.

"Maybe you should be a little more welcoming to strangers Askar, didn't your wife teach you better?"

With a movement Askar didn't really even register he had done, his fist connected to Orthjolfs jaw, a sick CRACK echoing through the hallway. Stumbling into the far wall, Orthjolf was doubled over in pain, clutching his jaw in agony, his eyes ablaze with rage.

"How dare you speak of my wife you sick piece of plops." Askar snarled and walked over to Orthjolf, and leaning down gripped the other Nord by the scruff of the robe and pinned him to the wall, fist poised to punch him again in the jaw but something stopped him cold.

Orthjolf's hand had come up, and clutched in it was something Askar never thought he'd see again. His wife's personal amulet of Talos. He knew it was hers because, well, he made it himself. It was made of moonstone, because that was her favorite metal, and etched on the top was her name, so Talos could protect and know her by name.

"Where did you get that." Askar snarled lowly, his hand pressed into Orthjolf's throat. While Vampires couldn't suffocate to death, the feeling was very unpleasent and painful. A grin spread across Orthjolf's face

"Why do you think you could never find her body..."

With a roar so loud it shook the windows nearby, Askar swung, but his fist hit nothing but wood, the damn Vampire having used an ability that only certain types of vampires could use; bat teleportation. Now on the other side of the hallway, against the window, which he had opened, Orthjolf grinned and tossed the amulet at Askar, it skidded across the floor until it gently clicked against his metal boot.

"You really should be thanking me Askar, really you should. Those bandits did a number on her, didn't even spare your adorable little children. I granted her the ability to get revenge...but it isn't like it matters to you, after all, all you did was bury your children and leave that house to rot in time. Oh and how she praised and looked for you! But no, her loving husband, off and away without giving her a second thought."

"Silence..." Askar snarled and scooped up the Amulet before charging once again at Orthjolf, but by the time he got to the window, Orthjolf was outside it, ugly bat like wings keeping him aloft in the air.

"How tragic, you want to cure yourself of vampirism, yet your beloved wife is one, tell me, will you give her the cure too? Oh wait, I forgot, it only cures one at a time doesn't it? But thats not all! You don't even know where to find her! I'll give you a hint. She's not at the Castle, oh no, she left a long time ago. But...lets just say, she's found someone new to call lover."

Orthjolf grabbed his belt and gave it a good tug, suggesting it was him. Askar roared and hurled his axe at the other Nord, which luckily, hit its target, though only his wing. Nearly crippled and furious, Orthjolf spat a curse and limped away into the night air.

Once alone, Askar found that his knees could no longer support his weight, and he crashed to the floor in a heap, shaking hands inspecting the amulet he held, as if exploring it for any detail that shouldn't be there, for anything that would make it a fake, a replication...but it was flawless, just like the one he had made her so long ago.

His beloved Liliana, his Lily...a vampire? It couldn't be. She was killed by bandits...he got the inheritance letter...the Jarl had found her in a bandit hole...but this was her amulet..? But how..? Askar's plated fingers gently caressed the amulet, and then he clutched it to his chest, whispering,

"I'll find you my Lily...I swear...we'll be together again..."

"Oh Rufinu....that was wonderful. Why did you ever have to leave my side?", cuddling next to Rufinu, a naked Adraria began to shut her eyes, but was still very wide awake.

"It was unfortunate that we were split up Adraria, but fate has put us back together. And we shall be together as long as the stars continue to light the night sky of Tamriel.", wrapping his hands around Adraria, Rufinu began to rub his hands down the side of Adraria's soft brunette hair. "It is very tempting never to leave this bed at your side, for my love for you is so deep Adraria".

"As is my love Rufinu", before Rufinu could respond a loud roar was heard from outside Adraria's house. And it seemed to have came from the direction of the Whiterun Tavren, and Rufinu knew who it was. The roar was easily distinguishable to him, it was the roar of Askar. Something had clearly gone wrong.

With his instincts for his best friend mounting into action, Rufinu hopped out of bed and quickly began to put his robes on. "Why do you not continue to lay with me dear?" responded Adraria, who continued to remain so calm on the matter, most likely due to Askar's seduction spell.

"Did you not hear that loud roar", asked Rufinu. But Adraria remained clueless as ever responding, "It must of been an animal from outside the city gates, there is not need to worry Rufinu. Come back to bed with me, there is much more exciting things for you to find in here than outside".

Shaking his head, Rufinu began to walk out of Adraria's bedroom, "I will be back soon my love, but I must solve this problem first".

Dashing out of the house, Rufinu began to sprint towards the tavern, the city was barren. Only a few city guards remained on there post outside, and most of them seemed like they had not even noticed the loud roar, or perhaps dismissed it just like Adraria had done.

Running into the market, Rufinu began to notice a man limping away from the tavern, heading into the darkness of the night. He began to repeatably call for the man's attention, but he ignored him and continued to walk away.

Bursting into the tavern's door, Rufinu began to run over towards Askar's room. He was stunned to find Askar kneeling on the floor, carrying a unique Amulet of Talos. Rufinu was speechless and could only watch as Askar continued to hold the amulet in his hands, staring at it.

Askar

Askar looked over to Rufinu, his body slumped over and shaking, as if ravaged by an unbearable sorrow that no words, not even by the most skilled of poets, could describe. He held the amulet out to Rufinu and sighed softly.

With slow steps, Askar stood up and walked to the window and looked out it, allowing Rufinu to look it over for a few long moments. "We have a change of plans." He stated simply. Turning around, he looked at his companion and sighed softly.

"That amulet, belongs to my beloved wife, Liliana. She had died long ago, to a bandit raid upon my home as I was away. When I returned to my home, I found my children slaughtered in cold blood, and my steward hanging from the rafters. But my wife was no where to be seen. I knew what had happened, they had taken her as a trophy for their raid. Only one thing happened to women who were taken by bandits." he paused, allowing Rufinu to understand what he was saying.

"Or well, Rufinu, thats what I thought happened. She is now, as I've been told, a vampire, just like me." He turned his head to look over his shoulder towards Rufinu, the cold blackness of his masks eyeslits revealing nothing as to Askar's feelings.

"I have to find her Rufinu. I have to find the woman I pledged my heart to, and tell her that over all these years, I never once stopped thinking of her, and that I've longed to see her again. She thinks I left her to die without giving her a second thought. I have to find her and tell her that that isn't true. I'm sorry Rufinu but we have to change the course of our adventure."

He walked up to his friend and set a hand on his shoulder, "If you want to stop with my persuit, and go back home with you lover and settle down, I do not blame you. But I have to find mine Rufinu. I can't cure myself of vampirism knowing that she is here, on this world, cursed as I am, and I'm free."

Placing his hand over Askar as well, Rufinu smiled. "Askar, why on earth would I not aid you in your pursuit for your loved one. I am your friend, and I'm here to help you. Not to mention I get to kill those fools that have taken her captive, probably vampires as well. The ones that have been long lost from sanity".

Taking his hand off Askar, Rufinu began to walk towards the window in there tavern room. The aurora lights were shining brightly high up in the sky, it was a beautiful scene to gain witness to. "I only have one request in return Askar, that is if you don't turn into dust as you are cured".

Smiling, Rufinu went to his bedside pulling out an amulet, one that had belonged to his mother. He tossed the amulet of kynareth to Askar, which he quickly caught. "That amulet was of my mothers, I'm pretty sure I've never showed you it yet. I keep it under the safest of care, and do not wear it in fear of losing it. I'm not much of a man for killing, but when the price needs to be paid out, I'm all ears. The elves who killed my parents will someday suffer, and it will be by my magic. Perhaps even a little bit of there own medicine, maybe a visit to the soul cairn would treat them well. Would be a fair punishment considering all the people that they probably had sent to the soul cairn".

Walking back to his bed, Rufinu sat on the end and sighed. His mind was getting dirty and thinking evil things. Rest was a priority, this would have to wait till tomorrow. "I suppose we head out early morning then? Will the Orc be joining us then? I can't see him liking the idea of switching from a Dwarven ruin to a vampire cove. Not to mention I don't think Adraria should be joining us, foolish things occur under seduction spells. I don't wish for her to die because of me. She will have to stay in Whiterun".

Without taking his robes off, Rufinu hopped on top of the bed next to Askar's. "I think I'm going to crash here for the night, wouldn't feel right returning to Adraria given the circumstances. And she will understand tomorrow, thanks to the seduction spell. By the way, do you even know where Liliana is specifically at?".

Askar

Askar gave a smile as he watched Rufinu walk around and listened to him talk. He was blessed by some unknown god or goddess to have his new friend. The smile slowly vanished. Something in his chest seeemed to squeeze, as if some invisible hand had come and gripped his dead heart and stuck it in a vice. Rufinu trusted him, and he didn't fully trust Rufinu.

He watched as Rufinu laid down and talked about the Orc and then Adraria. He was curious as to Rufinu's assumption of seduction spells. She was under Askar's complete control, until he had to either bite her and make her his thrall, or reapply it. Perhaps other vampires could cast the spell on her, and then there would be a war of seduction spells in Adraria's mind. That could get messy. Deciding Rufinu was right, Askar sat down on the edge of his bed and then looked to Rufinu.

"Its a good thing you're laying down for this Rufinu. Otherwise I'd be afraid you'd faint." He grinned behind his mask and then stood up and walked to the window. Taking in a deep, deep breath, Askar let his hands rise and tug at the buckle of his mask that was behind his head. Once it was undone, his left hand kept it against his face, and his right pulled back the heavy cloth hood. Dull red hair spilled out from that hood. It was wild and unkempt, like it hadn't been brushed in ages, which it probably hadn't. The red color in his hair was dull and ugly, as if trying to die but unable to. It was tied into a small half ponytail, at the back of his head.

With a deep breath, Askar pulled the mask off and set it against the window seal and then breathed in again. Turning around slowly, Askar faced Rufinu, eyes still closed. His face was ashen white, like the freshest of snow, yet a small layer of ash had settled over it, making it quite a sight. Upon his chin and upper lip is a small goattee of a beard. IT would seem that when he was killed all those years ago, he was in the process of growing a true nordic beard. Now that his skin was dead, he could no longer grow that beard of his, and so he just had that little whispy little chin hair. His face was hallow, due to all those years of death, which showed off his cheek bones and his eyes were sunken in. After another deep breath, Askar opened his eyes. Those eyes were orange around where the whites should be, and red where any other color should be. They seemed to glow in the dark room, as if the evil magic that kept him dead made them more alive than any part of him.

A smile seemed to cross Askar's face, showing pearly white teeth. He rubbed at his face and blinked a few times, as if the tiny bit of light in their room seemed to hurt his eyes.

"Well...I figured since we've been through this much, I might as well show you what you've asked to see."

He chuckled and then took the mask and went over to sit on the bed across from Rufinu, holding the mask in his hands.

"And no, I don't. But I know my wife, and I know her habits. She'd be somewhere where there is a lot of herbs for her alchemy...she loves alchemy. And she'd be somewhere where there are people nearby, not for feeding, at least I hope not, but for some sort of human enteraction. My wife was always leaving the house to go somewhere so she could talk to people. She's a real people person."

A sad smile came on his features. "And I think she'd always return to our home, as if hoping that it had all been an ugly dream, and that one she opened that door our house would be full of life again, and her children would rush to her and clamp onto her legs and her husband would be at the end of the hallway just watching her with a smile..."

He had to stop himself, it was to painful. Shaking his head he looked to Rufinu and nodded. "Are you ready for tomorrow...?"

As Askar took off his mask, the reaction Rufinu experienced was quite the opposite which Askar had expected. He was not lying on his bed unconscious as Askar slipped it off, revealing his pale white skin, which was white as the snow in Skyrim and his orange hair, which reminded Rufinu of the changing colors of the leaves during the months of Hearthfire and Frostfall back in Cyrodiil.

Rufinu felt an urge of joy as Askar threw his mask over towards the side, giving him a full view of the vampire's face. He made sure not to stare intensely at his friend, but he was quite overjoyed at seeing the face of his good friend for the first time. It seemed strange to know someone for such a long time, but to not know what they looked like.

When Askar took off his mask however, Rufinu began to realize something. Askar's physical appearance meant nothing to him. His physical resemblance of that of a vampire meant nothing. It his character that mattered, and nothing else.

With Askar taking off his mask, it felt as a relief to the both of them. For Rufinu, it was realizing that the mask meant nothing all along. And for Askar, it was finally ridding himself of the fear and shame of his mask. As two friends, they were free of the one small barrier that separated them from each other.

"As ready as you are Askar", responded Rufinu to Askar's asking of tomorrow. "We can not change the past and the present, for the present soon becomes the past within a matter of seconds. However though, we can change our future. And tomorrow we will do that.".

Taking his robe off and throwing it on top of the dresser, Rufinu began to yawn and pulled the sheets of the inn bed over him. "Soon you will be united with your wife, and your body permitted to take leave to Sovngarde. And I will have my revenge on those who have taken those dearest to me away.".

Sighing, Rufinu shut his eyes. "If only I weren't a mortal, for I would destroy Boethiah and all other daedric gods who bring great wrong doing to Tamriel. But I must accept who I am, and I will do what I can with that. Goodnight Askar".

Askar

A thought peeked at Askars mind. He tried to shoo it away, but like an incessant fly, it kept returning. He looked over to Rufinu,

"I can turn you Rufinu. You know, into a vampire. That way, you can be immortal, and you can fight the good fight for as long as you desire."

He let the question hang there in the air, he himself moving to lay on his back in the bed, fully armored. He imagined a time when he wasn't a vampire, when the trees and the fresh air....and the sunlight basking off his skin and gently tanning instead of burning. He remembered bringing his children home for the first time, their scared faces from tales in the orphanage of how terrible being adopted was. He rembered how that terror turned to joy the second they saw the warm house and his beloved Lilly waiting there in the door with gifts for each of them.

A smile crept on his face, and he let it linger. By the Nine he missed those days. They were so simple, so true and so meaningful to him. He longed for them. Really he did. But he knew that they were dancing in the fields of Sovenguard, chasing the Nord heros of old and laughing like they were all those years ago. His mind wandered to his original thought of his wife, up in Sovenguarde, throwing back mugs of ale with the great legends themselves, and laughing when she could drink them under the table! And how she would laugh, and belch and then blush in her embarrassment! A chuckle stuck itself in his throat as he thought about it. That was a vision that was not true.

Instead his wife was in this world, looking for him, longing for him. She was cold and she was dead, like all those vampires she had once slain so long ago. He had forgotten to tell Rufinu about that...but then again, he wasn't sure if he should. It would pain Askar to much to recall all of it. She was a Vigilant, or well, wanted to be, before he sweeped her off her feet into marriage. Still, she wanted to be one of them.

"I wonder if we find her...and that cup..if we can even cure ourselves..." He mused aloud

"It will happen Askar. However you must be certain in your goal, wondering will not achieve. Doing will do so", wrapping himself around the blanket of his bed, Rufinu looked over towards Askar. His question of turning him into a vampire, it was sticking with him. Now it proved impossible for him to fall asleep. He himself was only wrapped around his blanket due to the sheer cold of Skyrim's night, something he was not used to.

At first his soul screamed no at the possibility of turning himself into a vampire. It violated his every belief, how could he possibly give up his soul like that? But then again, there was that little argument by Askar, him being immortal forever. And like what his friend had said, he would be able to continue the fight forever. He would be able to serve at what he pledged himself to do.

But the risk was too great, or was it? The questions kept pelting Rufinu to the point where he could barely bear it. What would happen to him, he knew his physical appearance would change, or so would his surrounding and the way he would carry out his life. However though, would he himself mentally change? Trying to loosen himself of these thoughts, Rufinu calmly asked Askar. "Would I mentally change? Would I be any different in my thoughts and actions as a mortal?".

Askar

Askar thought about Rufinu's question for a long while. He tried to think back to when he was mortal, how he thought and what he craved. The things he wished to do, the things he could. Was there something that had changed him? He couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Well," He started, his thoughts still forming on his tongue.

"You will obviously have the constant thirst for blood. Which can hinder your thoughts. If you starve yourself, you'll get more powerful, and the more powerful you get the harder it is to be around during the day time. Haven't you ever noticed how much I lag behind you when we travel durning the day?"

He inquired, knowing full well that Rufinu probably had noticed. Whenever they traveled during the day, even at walking pace Askar lagged behind Rufinu, who wasn't even walking briskly. The sun took a terrible tole on the starving vampires.

"So if you want to stay as normal as possible, you'll have to feed. Which isn't as difficult as it sounds. There are tons of bandit camps strewn around Skyrim, and when you kill your Daedra worshipers, I can show you how to syphon their blood into vials to keep for later use."

It would seem Askar knew a lot about this. He must have practiced it for a while and then stopped. It must have made him feel strange.

"Its difficult, at least for me, to feed off of the living, because I want to be one of them so badly. There are those Vampires who inbrace their choices, and are not as bothered by it as I am. They simply see mortals as a means to an end, like how you would see cattle. Their flesh must be given up to sustain you, so in a sense, the vampire see mortals as the same way. Sustance."

He paused there for a moment. "I suppose that could be what changes you. I don't know if you'd go mad from the hunger, or mad from the power. I don't know if you'll regret it ever moment of your life, and live hating me for being the one to turn you. I don't know if you'll embrace it, and live as the other vampires do, constantly feeding, or even purposefully starving themselves to get stronger. Either way, it is a real chance. If you are willing to take it."

Askar then looked over to his friend, a sad smile creeping onto his face, "I wonder what my wife choose..."

"We as of right now can not know for sure", commented Rufinu. "But what we know is that said would of attempted in making the right choice".

While Rufinu did feel sorry for Askar and his wife, it was not that which was on his mind. His mind was clearly on Askar's offer, which was still standing. It was so tempting, but once more the question came, at what cost? Would he find himself lost in his new form with nothing else in the world to love? But yet again, what did he have to love? He didn't even know if his parents were even existing in the after life, for they could of been sucked up into the soul cairn for eternity. The meddling of soul gems, it was something Rufinu hated with a passion. How many countless souls were in that dreadful place because of certain people's ambitions.

And it was known that many vampires had a love for the art of enchanting and conjuration. Would he find himself committing the act which he so dreadfully hated? He couldn't bear the thought of thinking it any longer, so after a few seconds Rufinu blurted out. "Turn me into a vampire".

Walking over towards Askar, he sighed and held out his wrist towards the man. "Go on, might as well get it over with."

Askar

Askar blinked a few times as Rufinu suddenly approached him spewing about becoming a Vampire. While yes, this is what he offered, Askar had never thought in a million years that Rufinu would accept. Moving to sit up, Askar looked at his friend for a long, long moment.

"For now, let us just...hold off on that." he said slowly, and held up his hands to stop Rufinu from protesting.

"Here me out," He quickly said to defend his sudden change of heart.

"When we find that chalice, who is to say that it won't even work? Or what if its only good for one vampire? It would be foolish of me to turn you into a vampire, and then we both go looking for my wife, find her, than all three of us go looking for that chalice, find it, and it only works on one of us. Who would we choose? Would I want to become mortal and die to leave my wife alone again? Would my wife take it and wish to see our children again? Or would you take it, because of the stigma and the irony of a Vigilant of Stendarr becoming a vampire? Right now we need to just find my wife and then find that chalice, so we can figure out if its even worth at the moment. If it is, and we can use the chalice as many times as we desire, I'll give you what you seek. Until them...I have to decline my dear friend."

Askar gently set a hand on Rufinu's shoulder, "And, its very painful. And the full transformation takes three days. I don't think you'd want to be on the road traveling while going through the transformation. It can be very difficult and very painful."

Askar gave a smile, "Besides, enjoy your mortality for a bit longer. You only get one." He snickered

Taking Askar's hand off his shoulder, Rufinu's face grew a little red as he slowly walked back to his bed. Gripping his blanket, he plopped down onto the bed. He felt foolish for actually agreeing to Askar to take his blood and turn him into a vampire. Thankfully his friend was a smart enough man to now better than do his bidding. Boy, tonight was turning into a long night. First Adraria, the disturbance with Askar, and now this little episode.

Adjusting his pillow onto the back of his head, Rufinu pulled only his sheets over him, pushing the tavern's wool blanket to the end of the bed. Before he closed his eyes, he looked over at Askar one last time before tomorrow would unfold before them. "I'll see you in the morning Askar".

It was a rather dull ending compared to all the events that had happened today. But it was something that went just fine with Rufinu, he just wanted to get this damn night over with and go out on the road. Closing his eyes, Rufinu feel into a deep sleep.

Dreaming
    "We meet again, you have avoided me, but I have made amends", the voice boomed throughout Rufinu's mind. Everything in his vision was a blur, including his hearing save for the deep voice reaching out to him. "You failed to meet me on the mountaintop, but I have come regardless. If you carry out my task, I will reward you. Those receive for this who do my commands".​
    With the voice fading, Rufinu found himself in a dark hallway, with a light shining on a book across from him. Sprinting towards the book, he anxiously began to sprint towards it and grabbed it. However though, the book refused to open. Frustrated, he began to try to pull apart the book, but it remained as hard as ebony. Dark magic had done its joke on it.​
    "Such a mortal, I am not surprised", laughed the voice. "I am Hermaeus Mora, Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Memory. Did you not understand me? You must give before you receive, and find as well. The path is not easy mortal, nor do I intend on making it any easier".​
    The hallway soon faded away, and Rufinu then found himself floating above the clouds of an island. The southern portion had a far amount of ash scattered across the land, the north had a large amount of snow covering the rock. "Do you know where this is?", asked Hermaeus Mora.​
    "Solstheim", the words slipped out of Rufinu's mouth. He hadn't even hesitated to answer, it was like Hermaeus Mora was controlling him. Or was he just that desperate for the truth?​
    "Indeed mortal, and this is where you will venture. And here you will find my book, and then the price which is to be paid. But remember mortal, you will be rewarded with in the end with what you seek", the voice was gone and Rufinu's mind shifted to blankness.​
    Whiterun
    Sunlight showed its way through the tavern room's window, shining itself on Rufinu's face. Turning over to Askar's bed, it was empty, he was probably already at the tavern.​
    Getting up out of bed, he slowly put his robe on and turned towards his backpack lying next to the door. Picking it up, he began to think about his dream. Should he tell Askar about it? No he couldn't, for one fear slipped through his mind. What if Askar was the price that he had to pay?​

Askar

Askar breathed a sigh of relief when Rufinu pulled away and eased himself down. Askar was worried, he had never seen this sudden want to become a Vampire in Rufinu before. Was it because he wanted a new form of comrodiary with him? Was it because he did in fact want to fight against the Daedric Princes for all his life? Only to die when he wanted? What was it about? Still, Askar was glad he had talked Rufinu out of it.

When he heard Rufinu's breathing slow to a sleeping pace, Askar felt something dark settle over the room. He looked around, the hairs on his arms beginning to stand on end. Getting to his feet, Askar looked around, vampiric eyes piercing the darkness. There was a slight wiggle in the darkness, like a tentacle was writhing through the darkness and swirling around Rufinu's head. but it was so vague Askar wasn't sure. He tried to look closer, but the second it was there, it was gone.

Easing himself down back onto the side of the bed, Askar let his eyes wander outside. His eyes fell upon the big bright full moon, high up in the sky. A small smile came to his lips, he remembered always looking upon that moon with his beloved so long ago. He wondered if she were looking at it now...

Somewhere near Dawnstar
    A shadowy figure walked slowly down the road that lead to Dawnstar. Snow danced around the figure, falling in droves and sticking to everything in sight, even the dark black cloak the figure wore. The figure continued down the road, only to have the sound of horse hooves sound from behind. The figure slowed to a walk, and gave a vague look behind her. It was a small group of bandits, only three in number. They wore thick leathers and thick cloaks, and when they caught the view of the figure, they rode a little closer.​
    The figure knew what they wanted, she knew exactly what game they were playing. The figure had danced this dance before with bandits. Two bandits on the horses dismounted and let their horses stand still on the road, nibbling gently at the dying grass under the snow. They approached,​
    "Hey you!"​
    They called and ran forward, circling around the figure and drawing their weapons. An orc, a nord, and an argonian. What an interesting little bunch. The figure stopped and peeked out from under its hood at them.​
    "Give us all your gold!"​
    They demanded and the figure simply grinned. There was a glint of pearly white beneath the hood.​
    "And if I don't?" The figure purred in a sultry voice. The figure was clearly female, and the group of male bandits suddenly got a brand new idea in their mind.​
    "On second thought, you're coming with us." They said with thick voices, stepping forward to "claim their prize."​
    Another grin escaped the darkness of the figures hood. The moment the men were within range, there was the ringing of steel, and the spilling of blood. The white cobble stones of the road to Dawnstar were stained red with blood that the bandits didn't even know they had spilt. Each fell, crumpling to the ground as their guts, and chest were split open by two daggers that had appeared from the womans cloak.​
    As they fell, the woman smiled and sheathed her weapons and stepped up, grabbing the orc by the throat as he fell. She held him there, the orc on his knees, and with a gentle coo, turned the orcs head to the side. Her face, still hidden by the hood, dipped in and there was the sound of something sinking into flesh and the orc went limp.​
    Standing up, the figure dropped the orc and then stood straight. The motion caused her hood to fall back. What was once golden hair, was now faded and ugly. Pale skin, paler than ever before. What were once bright blue eyes, were now red and scary. Around those pale pink lips, blood dripped. Raising her eyes to the moon, the woman smiled.​
    "Mmmm...a full moon tonight...I wonder..." She paused gently.​
    "I wonder if Askar can see it..."​

Opening the door of their inn door, Rufinu felt the heat of the central fire in the room venture on over towards his position. It was quite comforting, compared to the freezing room that he and Askar had stayed in. The heat from the fire had failed to circulate into their room, and the wool blanket didn't serve enough for the warm it was supposed to offer him. Maybe it was just him though, a man not used to the weather of Skyrim. He could imagine it right now, the forests just outside the Imperial City. Him and his aunt, hunting for herbs alongside the creek that ran nearby her cabin. Then when they arrived back at the cabin, she would tell him many stories of Tiber Septim, the man that had united all of Tamriel ages ago.

Bringing the inn back to his state of mind, he quickly began to brush through the crowd, past the bartender and didn't even bother to notice if Askar was in the hall. Opening the door leading to the market, he could feel the cold breeze brushing his skin. Was this how his best friend, Askar felt throughout his inner body?

This breeze gave him the reminder he needed a fur coat, nothing he foolishly lacked. It was a shock how he had managed to make it through the brutal weather up in Winterhold without any terrible effects. Much of it could probably be credited to the resist frost potions he had conjured weeks ago. But his supply was low now, and he would have to make more.

And fortunately the first thing he noticed was the hanging sign of Arcadia's Cauldron in the marketplace a few dozen feet away from him. Smiling, he began to slowly walk towards the door and opened it.

Inside, the women who he assumed to be Arcadia greeted him. An Imperial, it was comforting to see someone of his own kind. Not because he was racist, but it felt sort of like he was back at home. Smiling, he waved back to her. "Do you mind if I use your alchemy lab Arcadia?".

Pointing towards some of her ingredients, she nodded. "Sure, as long as you buy, your free to use the lab".

"I'll take a bushel each of snow berries and frost mirriam", pointing towards them on the shelf behind Arcadia, as she turned around to retrieve them, Rufinu handed her a coin bag with the exact amount of septims inside.

Turning back towards Rufinu, Arcadia prepared to tell him the amount of which it would cost, but was surprised to see a coin bag already laying in place in front of her. "Are you an alchemist friend?".

Chuckling, Rufinu replied. "I enjoy to brew a few potions here and there, it's a good trade to know. But my aunt is the real alchemist".

Arcadia this time gave a much more serious look, and was concentrated on Rufinu. "An aunt eh? Beg my pardon, for you may be nothing what I think you to be. But if you mind, where are you from?".

A little confused, Rufinu passed for a second but continued on. "Originally the Imperial City, but I moved to the outskirts of the city when I was a little boy. My parents...".

"Are you the Gratius boy?", the words stumbled out of Arcadia's mouth, leaving Rufinu in shock. But how did she know? He had no answer, but Arcadia already knew the answer. "I knew your parents back when I lived in Cyrodiil, good people. Were the culprits ever found?".

Dropping his head, Rufinu sighed. Just the mention of his worst enemy, those Boethiah worshipers, it brought a fierce rage to Rufinu's body. "If only, but someday they will be punished for there crimes".

"You probably have heard this a lot, but I wish I could help. Unfortunately though, the case may have already been lost to the ages boy. Heck you could be searching for someone who is already dead", moving a few potions to another shelf, Arcadia continued speaking. "I'll let this conversation come to an end, don't want to bring you any uncomfortable talk. Now you go and brew those potions".

Simply nodding, he walked over towards Arcadia's alchemy lab, spilling the snow berries and frost merriam onto the table. Taking several empty phials from his bag, he placed them next to the ingredients. Before he could continue however, he heard Arcadia's move overriding him once more.

"I can not hold it any longer. Rufinu...was it? I feared to say it, but my own mental being has prevented me from keeping it within me. I mourn for your safety, but your safe being is not up to me, but you. Deep in the Reach, you can find a cave northwest of the lover stone. It is off road, and up in the mountains. It can be found by two pine trees that tower next to it, half of the one has fallen off, and the other tree is slanted crocked, leaning against the other tree. If you are not sure you have found the right tree, the roar of a waterfall can be heard in the distance. Look around there, and you will find the cave. But I ask that you take caution, for the Forsworn hold a heavy presence in the mountains there as well. I don't want another Gratius boy to be lost to the ages. May the divines guide you Rufinu. I hope you are not angry at me".

With a tear emerging from her eye, she ran over towards him and hugged him. Everything that she had said, it was still a shock. But was this the chance, maybe they, his worst enemy was there? And if not, could it possibly lead him elsewhere?

"You must of been a close friend of my mother and father?", Arcadia nodded and began to whip the tears off her face. "I promise you Arcadia, I will make sure they find peace someday. And in the meanwhile, I will stay safe".

There was one trouble however, Rufinu had already made past promises to a certain individual. And he was certain on keeping his promise. He was going to find his wife, and then he was going to cure the two of them.

Askar

Askar had stayed up all night, fixated upon the moon. Never before had it held this type of sway over him, and never before had it transfixed him so. He mused if it was Hircine, trying to pull Askar to his own little madness, but that couldn't be it. Askar wasn't a werewolf, in fact he hunted werewolves for fun, so that couldn't be it. Perhaps if he stared deeper he could see it what it was that was calling him to this particular full moon. He had seen many in his life time, thousands upon thousands of full moons, what made this one any different?

The window gently swayed open as a breeze drifted into the room from the dead of night. Rufinu was long asleep, and this breeze had not woken him. When the breeze touched Askar's face, it was like he could hear it. His wife's very whisper upon that little breeze. She was looking at this moon with him, Askar just knew it. She was out there, somewhere, looking up at the exact same night sky, he could feel it in his cold, unmoving heart. But where? That was the question, where was his wife? How would they find her?

More questions rocked Askar's brain. Do they go looking for her, all across Skyrim, asking inkeeper after innkeeper, just for an inkling of a trail to his wife's whereabouts? Or did they continue to the Dwarven Ruin? And look for the Goblet of Mara? Did they chase a tale that could be lies, or his wife? And what of Rufinu? What of his family and his goals, did they follow those in hopes of finding Askar's wife? There were so many paths, so many places to go, and Askar was unsure which was the wisest.

Askar sat like that for hours, thinking over all the possibilities, all the paths they could take and their possible outcomes. The good and the bad, and soon, sleep took him. Rufinu awoke and did not disturb Askar when he left. It must of been surprising to see Askar asleep, seeing as most vampires don't sleep at all, and only do if they've gone through a great deal of physical stress. An undead body is still a body, and needs rest after all.

When Askar did wake however, he had his answer, and he knew what to tell Rufinu. It would change their course of action just a little bit, but this way had the most benefits, the most advantages. Getting up and stretching his undead joints, which cracked and popped in the most disgusting of ways, Askar quickly strapped on his armor and then grabbed his mask. How lovely it had been to lift the burden of that mask off his shoulders for just a few short hours. Good things never last however, something Askar knew well. Strapping on the mask and pulling the hood up, Askar went out into the street, looking around for Rufinu.

The kindly old woman, who is apparently the wife to the great Euroland Graymane, pointed Askar towards the Alchemy shop, which caused Askar to chuckle. Wherelse would Rufinu be after all. Walking to the door, Askar pushed it open and stepped inside, only to see the shopkeeper with her arms around Rufinu and what looked to be...crying? Shrugging lightly, Askar waited by the door to be noticed, he'd let Rufinu have this moment, they'd discuss travel later.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    can I join...meep

Askar

(( If you could please post this, and your character sheet within the OOC thread for this story Rufinu and I will consider you joining us MagicBlade ))

Rufinu could hear the door cracking open as Arcadia embraced him, but it was quickly shut in a matter of seconds after it had been opened. Bringing his attention back to Arcadia, he pulled out an amulet of Dibella. "It was my mother's, she would appreciate it for a good friend like you to have it".

Placing the amulet in Arcadia's hand, he could still hear her crying, but she managed to speak. "Oh no Rufinu, I must not". She attempted to give the amulet back to him, but he held her arm preventing her from doing so. "I insist Arcadia, to make it up you could finish up brewing the resist frost potions that I started. I have other business I need to attend throughout the city".

Embracing her one last time, Rufinu smiled and began to walk out the door, immediately he was greeted by Askar who had been standing next to the outside of the store. He had been the one who opened the door.

"I need to speak to Adraria. Can you pick me up a fur coat in the marketplace, I've been freezing on our trips across Skyrim", handing him a coin package, Rufinu sighed. "Let us carry out then".

Askar

Askar gave a chuckle and threw the bag of coins right back at Rufinu as he walked away! Before Rufinu could throw it back, Askar was walking at a brisk pace down the road and towards the blacksmith. He passed several people, all of which gave him a very wide birth. Most people often felt like they had to just shy away from Askar, and after all these years he was very used to it. Still. There were things he could never get used to, such as the lack of friendly chatter. He missed it greatly. Now was not the time to mope however, they had a job to do, a wife to save, and a family to avenge.

Askar finally made it to where he was going, the blacksmith shop and forge. He gave a light bow at the hips to Adrianne at her forge and she gave Askar a long look before a smile broke her face.

"Askar?! Is that you?!" She said in disbelief

Askar gave a mute nod and before he could really reach, Adrianne wrapped her arms around him and gave him a big ol' squeeze!

"How are you doing? Still smithing? Did you bring me anything interesting? I'm still using those techniques you showed me about making stronger steel! Sure its not as great as Eurolands' but hey, its better!"

Askar smiled behind his mask, Adrianne was always so willing to learn, and absorbed information like a sponge. He nodded his head, "I am doing well my friend, very well. But I need to use your forge."

Adrianne beamed in excitement, "OH yes yes! Of course of corse. Use anything, anything at all."

Askar gave a chuckle and purchased what he needed. Ten steel ingots and two bear hides. Removing his chest plate, and gloves, Askar rolled up the sleeves of his longer undershirt and began to work. First he smelted down the two ingots and got them to the right shape and size he needed. He then took one ingot and turned it into rivet like fastenings. Once all that was finished he began to mold and fold the steel, making boots and a pair of gloves. Tempering them and finishing them off with the rivets, Askar smiled at his work, he had done well. Taking the bear pelts he took them to the work bench and began to cut and sew at the fur. He then looked to Adrianne, "I will need four rabbit pelts." Adrianne nodded and headed inside to fetch them. Rabbit pelts were used to line things, and they would be perfect for hte lining of the boots and gloves he had just made.

Adrianne returned right as Askar had finished cutting and folding the pelts into a matching set of under shirt and cloak. It wasn't a long cloak but it would fit around Rufinu's frame and keep him warm, and the undershirt would work to keep his bodyheat close to his chest instead of being sucked out and into his loose fitting robe. Setting all that aside, Askar took the rabbit belts and began to work at those, feeding the lining into the boots and gloves and working to make them snug. Once they were, he took just a few more little rivets and made sure the furs were secure. Standing back, Askar admired his work. A pair of nice steel boots and gloves with fur lining to keep the fingers and toes warm, and a fur undershirt and cloak. A good days work. Tossing Adrianne a few more gold for her troubles, Askar scooped up his thinks and walked back towards the market, not without putting his armor on again of course! He needed to find Rufinu and offer him his gifts!

"I hope he likes them..." Askar muttered to himself as he walked