• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
^^^ sounds like a Timothy Leary based religion :p

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Kasai, please don't take it personally. I actually didn't see the line for explaining my self, which I found weird. I was indeed lazy, as I intended to explain myself. I have no issue with you in particular, or anything you posted, other than I support the opposite of what you posted there. The OP stated his opinion on the lore he research, which as stated is the same lore we all have access too, so to have him explain his points in the lore, which would have made the OP argument better, would have supported laziness in researching lore by the rest of us.
It's all good, nothing taken personally by me. To be honest, I don't really give a flip either way on ratings. If I was worried about people judging my opinions, I wouldn't post them in the first place. Some people do take ratings very personally though, exceedingly so in some cases, so just be aware that can happen.

To me, the disagree rating is just what the board says it is, a neutral rating and not a negative. I do find it more effective making a post if there is something I disagree with rather than just using the rating alone. That way the discussion moves forward and I am able to clarify my position in ways the rating alone can't. For me, the agree rating is fairly useful if the person posted my view adequately and there's not really a need for me to expand upon it, though sometimes I still will do so. Many times though about all I need to say would be, "yeah, what he or she just said."

My point in my first post is that if a person is going to go to the point of creating a thread about something they believe, then it is best if they mention some level of detail about their topic they created. I don't expect a 500-word essay on the history of the subject or the idea, but the point of creating a thread is about the desire to discuss something, so providing a little bit of basis for starting the conversation with the opening post is kinda the whole idea. The OP's later post about Sancre Tor as an example would have been an excellent first post.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
That guy was smart and strong enough to conquer Tamriel and badass enough to be worshipped. End of story, deal with it. :cowboy:
I don't worship. People, "Gods", Aedra, Daedra... whatever. My only god is MONEY & POWER! Oh wait... that's 2 GODs. Who knew I was a Polytheist! "_