• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kryptic

cautious adventurer/ pimp

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
If we actually lived in Skyrim, what type of person do you think you'd be? Would you be a simple farmer, blacksmith, or shop owner? Would you join a side in the civil war? An adventurer?

What got me thinking about this was the concept of Roleplaying in general. It seems that (most) people RP as someone they would likely never be, and it made me wonder how I would act if I lived in Skyrim.

I really don't think I'd end up as an adventurer. I'm a big baby, and at the first sign of a Frostbite Spider or Cave Bear, I'd be high-tailing it home. I do love acquiring knowledge though, I think I would likely end up as a student at the College of Winterhold, possibly exploring old ruins and collecting rare books. I would like to think I'd be an adept Conjurer, as well as skilled with Restoration. I wouldn't carry anything more deadly than a simple Dagger as a weapon. I don't think I'd mess with Enchanting or Smithing, but I'd dabble in Alchemy. I think my clothing would be pretty simple, a mix between College robes and regular clothes, and probably a lower-end circlet. I think I'd just want to live a humble life, learning all that I could in my lifetime. :) I wouldn't mind having an intellectual husband (maybe an ex-adventurer) and a kid or two. I'd likely want to make my "forever" home in either Whiterun or Falkreath... I couldn't live up in the snow.

What about you guys? What would you be like if you actually lived in Skyrim?

Id be a nord or a dark or high elve mage all da way. and id tail it too from monsters if i was a peasant but if i was dragonborn id beast mode em. Oh and aside from skyrim the pic of the girl on your sig is very gorgeous if thats you :). yea im flirting over the internet sup bra? lol jk

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I would be an extremely wealthy person, because I'd be the first to figure out that all you have to do is cast a healing spell on those wounded knees. :D

I would therefore be responsible for hundreds of guards returning to a life of adventuring, and making Skyrim safe to travel once more, because all those ex-adventurer, ex-guard, adventurers would wipe-out nearly every monster in the wilderness of Skyrim.

JoeReese

Well, I surely wouldn't be poking around in old crypts or caves. I'm sure the average person had enough to worry about, with random beasts and bandits. No need to go asking for trouble. Of course, spiders and I have nothing to say to each other, and I just don't have enough clean shorts to navigate a draugr dungeon. There would be a hole in the nearest wall, in the precise shape of a panicked fat man, and Joey would be long gone.

I love to craft things, so I think I would probably try to be a blacksmith...assuming I had a choice to try to find an apprenticeship. If not, possibly make leather and hide armors.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Dammit, kyleekay! I was thinking about starting a thread of this exact same topic. Great minds, eh?

I've read the posts and it seems like there are a lot of people who think that their balls would be proportionally bigger if they lived in Skyrim.

"Oh, I'd be a badass assassin and kill people for money. That's what I'd do, no two ways about it. Oh, and my balls would the size of grapefruits--that's a no brainer, right there. I'd prolly assassinate people by hitting them over the skull with my pillow-case-full-of-bricks that is technically reffered to as my reproductive organs. Yep. Oh yeah, and I'd arm-wrestle everyone I met. And win."

Really? Is that what you'd do? Is that what you do now? I'm not so sure that it is. See, if I lived in Skyrim, I'd go apply for a doorman position at the Bee & Barb and keep folks like Lady Imp in line. I wouldn't be Argonian because I'm not Argonian IRL (don't remind me--gah!!) However, I would be supremely sympathetic to them and their cause--hence my working for the good folks at the Riften drinking hole. Eventually, when Keerava and Talen-Jei want to retire, I'll buy it from them and keep the torch burning! I could even invent my own ridiculous drinks like ol' Talen-Jei does.

However, if my balls were proportionate to the badassery of Skyrim, I'd just run up to a statue of Hircine and beg to become a werewolf. No Companions, none of that middle-man crap! Make me a werewolf, Hircine! Do it! Doooo it!

Papzt

Awesome thread.
First i gotta say I'd love to live there. It's totally my kind of a great place to live. The weather is great and also the landscape. In RL im that nordic type of man. I don't care if it's cold. Due to the fact that I'm a worker guy I'd probably be a blacksmith or something related to good hard work. After finishing my job I'd go to the local Tavern with my dirty clothes and then drink some beer, trying to get a nice girl or just having fun with the guys. Also I'd like to live in Dawnstar

Sent from my GT-I9300

JoeReese

Dammit, kyleekay! I was thinking about starting a thread of this exact same topic. Great minds, eh?

I've read the posts and it seems like there are a lot of people who think that their balls would be proportionally bigger if they lived in Skyrim.
Doooo it!

Dude, it's the internet. Linear measurement doubles or triples on a whim, and everybody clanks when they walk. :D

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Dude, it's the internet. Linear measurement doubles or triples on a whim, and everybody clanks when they walk. :D

Aye, well... I'm probably too honest with you guys because you're like my second family--no one understands my love for Skyrim like the folks on these boards. :sadface:

JoeReese

I get you. If it makes you feel any better, it's not just on Skyrim forums that people become brass-enriched, only to find they...er...uh..."must've left it in my other pants" when the time comes. Hell, ever been to a union meeting?

Docta Corvina

I would most likely be an Imperial scholar of some sort - probably a traveling historian. One who explored Tamriel in the pursuit of knowledge, in the interests of putting such information to the parchment for posterity.

Thus, my life would be decidedly a bit more intellectually focused. I'd enjoy my ale in taverns here and there, speak with the people, read dusty tomes for whispers and hints of legends and stories of remarkable figures, and fall in love with the mysteries of each land. Skyrim would undoubtedly be one. Harboring curiosity about the world, I'd greatly enjoy such a life. I'd have a permanent home in Cyrodiil waiting for me after each journey, and likely an equally academic Imperial husband with whom to indulge my findings before reporting back to the Imperial Colleges with which I'd be affiliated. A husband who'd likely accompany me on some of my travels.

I could see spending much time in Skyrim though, for all of its secrets and fascinating history - history especially pertinent to the civil strife currently afoot. I could handle a sword and protect myself well enough. I would need depend on no one, if I could help it.

Caststarman

I bet I would be a bard running around with an arrow stabbing Guards in the knee while singing about the wonders of a sugar-rush.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Truthfully I would probably with the imperial legion guarding some castle. I guess it's more fitting for me since I actually am a soldier.

Sython

I guess I would want to set myself as High King of Skyrim. Then betray skyrim and come a Dragon Priest.

The Iron Raven xvx

Ebony armor, by Ysmir, 'tis a wondrous sight...
I'll serve the Legion in my early years but I'll also be a reliable bodyguard/companion/mercenary to someone in need, as long as it's for a good purpose.

I'd be living in my hometown in Whiterun, probably work alongside with the Companions (which is a start of a journey towards eventually marrying Aela). I also have a thing for Ivarstead, sure it's hard to live there but the autumn scenery and serene lakes and hills all around it, I wouldn't mind really, besides a small town needs additional protection...

jarif

do we have to be realistic? if not i would be a master blacksmith and make my self pretty cool armour, then adventure probably after that i would maby retire after becoming rich and become the ''new'' black briar family and that could lead to being a jarl like the main quest