If you couldn´t buy any of the houses, where would you want to live?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Morgan

I forget what it's called, but one of the bandit camps is an ENORMOUS water cavern with a bunch of ships and woodwork platforms. It has many living quarters, most amenities (even a smelter!) and a couple ore veins. I don't know if there are any non-respawning containers though, and of course every now and then you'd have to chase off bandits who want to take over. It's a great cave though.

Neriad13

Premium Member
In the game I'm playing right now, I've actually decided to not buy a house. My home is wherever I set up my tent (from a camping mod) or flop down for a kip. I tend to set up a base of operations in whatever inn I'm closest too as well. The Bannered Mare and the Winking Skeever are my absolute favorites - the rooms are so comfy and private and have a unique design. As for my room in the Bee and Barb, well...I've nicknamed it "the Shoebox."

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
...As for my room in the Bee and Barb, well...I've nicknamed it "the Shoebox."

Perhaps "the Eggshell" is more appropriate! :p

Off to lunch, I'll dwell on this question until I return....

Morgan

In the game I'm playing right now, I've actually decided to not buy a house. My home is wherever I set up my tent (from a camping mod) or flop down for a kip. I tend to set up a base of operations in whatever inn I'm closest too as well. The Bannered Mare and the Winking Skeever are my absolute favorites - the rooms are so comfy and private and have a unique design. As for my room in the Bee and Barb, well...I've nicknamed it "the Shoebox."

I have to disagree with you on the Bannered Mare room. That's the worst inn-room in the game--open wall design looking right out over the common room? No way you'd ever get any sleep in there, especially with Mikael belting out off-key tunes about Ragnar the Red when he's not chasing Carlotta around trying get a look at her fiery widowmaker.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
The College Of Winterhold. It's the only place that resembles a castle plus it's free. Once you finish the Mages Quests, you become Arch-Mage and get his quarters. So in theory, you own the place. :cool:

Morgan

The College Of Winterhold. It's the only place that resembles a castle plus it's free. Once you finish the Mages Quests, you become Arch-Mage and get his quarters. So in theory, you own the place. :cool:

The college is also great if you haven't done TG questline yet, because it gives you five merchants hanging out willing to buy your enchanted rings and trash robes, and sell you soul gems. Also I've found the free soul gems and alchemy reagents here and there respawn much quicker than most other places. In other words, it's a great place to live after you've crafted 200 silver rings somewhere else and just want to settle in and learn enchanting.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Perhaps "the Eggshell" is more appropriate! :p

Off to lunch, I'll dwell on this question until I return....

Haha, yes! And it is dark like the inside of an eggshell...

I have to disagree with you on the Bannered Mare room. That's the worst inn-room in the game--open wall design looking right out over the common room? No way you'd ever get any sleep in there, especially with Mikael belting out off-key tunes about Ragnar the Red when he's not chasing Carlotta around trying get a look at her fiery widowmaker.

Aw, c'mon! Where else can you say that you've got the penthouse room? And your own private balcony upon which you can chug wine and hurl insults out at the groundlings below?

Derpo

a huge fort, namely perhaps fort dunstad? the biggest fort in the game, after i butchered all the forsorn there.

Morgan

Aw, c'mon! Where else can you say that you've got the penthouse room? And your own private balcony upon which you can chug wine and hurl insults out at the groundlings below?

Mikael: "And the braggart did swagger and brandish . . . Hey, what the hell? Are you pouring wine on my head?"
Dragonborn: "Well, it USED to be wine!"
Huldah: "Christ, not this s%$t again."

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I would go through and kill everyone in Dragonsreach and that would be my new castle.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Helgen. I mean, it's not like it's going to be destroyed by a dragon or anything, and I might get the chance to watch Ulfric's execution....

Golgo_SPB

One of my characters lives in the alchemist shack, very nice and serene.

Next I'm planning to live in either the Abandoned Shack or the Abandoned House... or maybe both!

Sadly the chests in the Worker House at Mixwater Mill reset it seemed so promising too, 3 chests! oh well. But leaving items out in the open inside the Worker House stay put I believe, but even if you try to clean the place up of all the baskets and such they will respawn.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I would love to live in Blackreach. I can convince the Falmer to work for me, live in the Dwemer palace, capture the one dragon that lives there and use it as a mount. And the scenery is epic!!!!!

Necromis

actually I have the perfect house I am using on my current two play throughs. It is the Shack just NW of Riverwood. It is called Anise's Cabin, it is where the White River meets Lake Ilinalta. I love it because after you kill the which you have a free house with both an enchanter and an alchemist table hidden underneath it. Plenty of storage, too. Oh and the Alchemist training book to boot. It is outside, is a fast travel location, and no cut scenes to actually get in the shack, just one to go down to the hidden celler for enchanting and alchemy. Plus a short jaunt away from a forge and two merchants.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
I would live in Skuldafn and use odaving as my personal showfer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts