• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SonOfAkatosh

Guys I think the name of the spell is Ice Spike, when a huge spike of ice is launched at you and goes straight through you and you lay there dead with a huge chunk of ice through your face?

I cannot defend against this spell.

Every time I come across anyone in the game with this spell they just completely destroy me. I'm usually okay with most other spells and can find ways of defeating them, but if I come up against this it will take me AGES to actually defeat them. When I am against a few mages' I am absolutely screwed.

Is there any reason you guys can think of? I am playing on master but this the only spell that I have a huge problem with.

Try strafing a lot. They are fairly easy to dodge.

SonOfAkatosh

Try strafing a lot. They are fairly easy to dodge.

Yeah a great shout thank you.

However when I am in tight locations (narrow caves etc) I really really struggle. I have to retreat all the time, which gives them the chance to just restore the health I had already taken from them before I had to run away crying!

Zexks

I personally like to use wards, they make it really easy to close distances with mages. Also LIBERAL use of resist pots.

Zethremar

I always make sure l have a potion of frost resist or fire before hitting up a dungeon or area with pesky mages in it.

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.
These are such great ideas!!
I think nightingale armor is frost resistant if you are light armor.