I WANT TO MURDER THE CHILDREN

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
-_- I don't know about you guys but this thread is telling me something about people who want to murder children. And it's not that good.

Kablewee

okkkk Funny how in Fallout you could dismember your victims but killing children is crossing the line lol but I can see the s#%@ storm media would have if they let that happen. Only solution to the OP , buy the PC version and mod :)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
okkkk Funny how in Fallout you could dismember your victims but killing children is crossing the line lol but I can see the s#%@ storm media would have if they let that happen. Only solution to the OP , buy the PC version and mod :)
It is funny indeed but it does make sense. It took a while for the general public to embrace violence as entertainment. Gore, slasher, or just gunfight, people like looking at spectacular action. Killing children? Why would anyone want to do that? It doesn't have much action and it's just sadistic to kill younglings who don't know any better and can barely defend themselves. I suppose Bethesda did make the children of Skyrim as annoying as possible but IMO, that's pretty realistic. Children are annoying in real life and you have to deal with them, not with violence but with care and love. Personally, I think some of this thread's reaction is rather immature. So much all-caps and profanity. It's just a game dude. >.>

Nightshade

so killing animals for fun, and killing people in their sleep, performing magic, murdering people for money etc are not controversial topics? i dont think that is a valid excuse.
(edited)
I'm not saying it's completely valid in every way. Their statements have led me to believe they're trying to avoid controversy surrounding killing children. And yes, it doesn't quite make 'perfect' sense considering all of the other morally corrupt things you can do within the game.

We as a society view children as innocent due to their naive nature..while adults not so much. Also, killing animals makes sense, imo, (even if they are innocent) considering the time period. Hunting is major way of living for many in the game.

Magic has been a part of the Elder Scrolls from the beginning and I'm sure Bethesda has had to deal with groups who think magic in video games is 'evil'. Killing children has never ever been an option in any other Bethesda game, so I'm sure if it were suddenly made an option, it would be a hot topic and draw more attention that usual..which in turn, could turn into a drama of sorts.

Personally, I think the option to kill children would be stupid and unnecessary (if not...a bit creepy...even if they are pixels. It all stems from the fact that they are innocent). They're very annoying at times, I agree, but if a kid is really getting to you so badly, walk away/push mute/go do a quest and forget about them ;)

Skyrimosity

Or do like I do. Fus do rah them into that pond outside Dragonsreach, run from the guards, steal a horse, and run to Fort Greymoor.

Justus

The keeper of the peace
(edited)
I'm not saying it's completely valid in every way. Their statements have led me to believe they're trying to avoid controversy surrounding killing children. And yes, it doesn't quite make 'perfect' sense considering all of the other morally corrupt things you can do within the game.

We as a society view children as innocent due to their naive nature..while adults not so much. Also, killing animals makes sense, imo, (even if they are innocent) considering the time period. Hunting is major way of living for many in the game.

Magic has been a part of the Elder Scrolls from the beginning and I'm sure Bethesda has had to deal with groups who think magic in video games is 'evil'. Killing children has never ever been an option in any other Bethesda game, so I'm sure if it were suddenly made an option, it would be a hot topic and draw more attention that usual..which in turn, could turn into a drama of sorts.

Personally, I think the option to kill children would be stupid and unnecessary (if not...a bit creepy...even if they are pixels. It all stems from the fact that they are innocent). They're very annoying at times, I agree, but if a kid is really getting to you so badly, walk away/push mute/go do a quest and forget about them ;)

I understand all of this. and this has played out in most movies too, you never see the badass hitman who can kill everyone shooting kids to get them out of the way. usually it is the opposite and the kill has to wait. but.... in this time period, i believe it would make more sense to allow them to be killed or not be in the game. its the same as having a building you cant go in. why put it in there if it doesnt as far as killing animals, yes it makes sense in the time period but if you already have `10 lbs of food and drink and you see a rabbit, shoot it with your arrow. isnt that cruelty? you didnt need the meat. just sayin......