I want to consolidate my household

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Just looking for some thoughts.

I feel like I'm spread out all over the place owning homes in Riften, Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude and having crash pads at the College of Winterhold, the DB Sanctuary and at the Companion's place.

While I am going to build my own home soon (I'm hoping for a Dawnstar location as I luv the area and the winter weather, plus I luv horker) when I get the DLCs, it will take a bit to do.

I had considered Breezehome as it is so close to the forge and it's central, but there's no enchanting station in it. I had everything in Markarth, but the forge was so far away and I luv the cave like feel, but it's so over decorated (of course I could just clean it out and start over).

Anyone have any thoughts as to a good place to consolidate everything?

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
windhelm, you got a straight shot to enchanting and smith stations, plus an alchemy building also, o_O and if you like you can leave the blood stains in the secret room, lol I like sliding doors, i prefer to hide my gems and such in there, oh and the windhelm house has it's own enchanting station inside for no extra cost, cant remember if it had an alchemy station or not.

Daelon DuLac

windhelm, you got a straight shot to enchanting and smith stations, plus an alchemy building also, o_O and if you like you can leave the blood stains in the secret room, lol I like sliding doors, i prefer to hide my gems and such in there, oh and the windhelm house has it's own enchanting station inside for no extra cost, cant remember if it had an alchemy station or not.
I also like the armory, but it always feels like I'm so far away from everything up there. Plus there's no storage for anything. That's one thing I liked about Markarth - there were plenty of side tables, bureaus, sacks and even a manniquin. I have not figured out how to easily place things on shelves so I'm always stuck putting things away as I'm really anal about organization.

berzum

I also like the armory, but it always feels like I'm so far away from everything up there. Plus there's no storage for anything. That's one thing I liked about Markarth - there were plenty of side tables, bureaus, sacks and even a manniquin. I have not figured out how to easily place things on shelves so I'm always stuck putting things away as I'm really anal about organization.
get hearth fire dlc and build a house, its the best thing really, i like my houses, lol the ones i made, though windhelm does have that secret room, there is just something about secret doors/rooms lol.

Daelon DuLac

get hearth fire dlc and build a house, its the best thing really, i like my houses, lol the ones i made, though windhelm does have that secret room, there is just something about secret doors/rooms lol.
I am getting it on Friday. I too like the secret room. I even had an enchanting station and an alchemy lab installed in there. I really do like Windhelm and it's people, but my issue with the house is lack of storage. Hmm....

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Just looking for some thoughts.

I feel like I'm spread out all over the place owning homes in Riften, Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude and having crash pads at the College of Winterhold, the DB Sanctuary and at the Companion's place.

While I am going to build my own home soon (I'm hoping for a Dawnstar location as I luv the area and the winter weather, plus I luv horker) when I get the DLCs, it will take a bit to do.

I had considered Breezehome as it is so close to the forge and it's central, but there's no enchanting station in it. I had everything in Markarth, but the forge was so far away and I luv the cave like feel, but it's so over decorated (of course I could just clean it out and start over).

Anyone have any thoughts as to a good place to consolidate everything?

The house were I am keeping all of my stuff is the one located in Dawnstar. As you said bro, nice cold weather and beautiful landscape, plenty of empty space around the house to move in case you are attacked. I do understand your point because I felt the same way. Previously, I was spreading out all of my gear. Stuff that I got for example in Riften, I was keeping them in that house but now I am keeping everything in that one ( Dawnstar ). The reason is because I am in the center of the whole map ( region ), very close to Dawnstar, Whiterun and the College.
Beside that, I have my alchemy, enchanting and my forge in the cellar, so I don’t need to go anywhere else to deal with my weapon / armors / items. For selling purposes, I always go to Riverwood and in case I am carrying too much stuff, I do have the Black Market spell that I got from the freaking Mora thru the reading of one of his black books. He got 2k all the time in his pocket.
For me it is a plus to have the alchemy, enchanting and forge in your own house. If I am in Windhelm, I can create my potions and enchanting in my house but I need to get out to do my smithing and probably be attacked by freaking vamps.
In my own house, I can do all of that without expecting somebody to attack inside my own house so I can concentrate directly in what I am doing rather to be watching my back all the time.
Right now I only have Breezehome, the house in Morthal ( which I only visit to collect my fish ), Solstheim and the one in Dawnstar. I don’t think I will buy or build any other. Too many houses for nothing in my opinion and the more houses you get, the more trouble you will get into by rescuing your follower / stewards from bandits and vamps. It is a pity that we could not have the option to build only one big house wherever we want to with everthing in it and more customizable layouts to choose from. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

Daelon DuLac

The house were I am keeping all of my stuff is the one located in Dawnstar. As you said bro, nice cold weather and beautiful landscape, plenty of empty space around the house to move in case you are attacked. I do understand your point because I felt the same way. Previously, I was spreading out all of my gear. Stuff that I got for example in Riften, I was keeping them in that house but now I am keeping everything in that one ( Dawnstar ). The reason is because I am in the center of the whole map ( region ), very close to Dawnstar, Whiterun and the College.
Beside that, I have my alchemy, enchanting and my forge in the cellar, so I don’t need to go anywhere else to deal with my weapon / armors / items. For selling purposes, I always go to Riverwood and in case I am carrying too much stuff, I do have the Black Market spell that I got from the freaking Mora thru the reading of one of his black books. He got 2k all the time in his pocket.
For me it is a plus to have the alchemy, enchanting and forge in your own house. If I am in Windhelm, I can create my potions and enchanting in my house but I need to get out to do my smithing and probably be attacked by freaking vamps.
In my own house, I can do all of that without expecting somebody to attack inside my own house so I can concentrate directly in what I am doing rather to be watching my back all the time.
Right now I only have Breezehome, the house in Morthal ( which I only visit to collect my fish ), Solstheim and the one in Dawnstar. I don’t think I will buy or build any other. Too many houses for nothing in my opinion and the more houses you get, the more trouble you will get into by rescuing your follower / stewards from bandits and vamps. It is a pity that we could not have the option to build only one big house wherever we want to with everthing in it and more customizable layouts to choose from. Just my 2 cents ... ;)
I'll discover all that stuff when I get the DLCs and will billed myself a house (I'm already thane in Dawnstar, so I'm sure the option will come up) but, for now I just want to keep my stuff in one place. I guess I'll make it two though for now. I'll keep all my alchemy and enchantment stuff in Markath (ample storage) and my smithing stuff in Whiterun (right next to a forge). I'll leave my xtra weapons and stuff in Windhelm for the time being since I'm not using them. Then I'll work on the Hearthfire DLC this weekend.

orca45

I'll discover all that stuff when I get the DLCs and will billed myself a house (I'm already thane in Dawnstar, so I'm sure the option will come up) but, for now I just want to keep my stuff in one place. I guess I'll make it two though for now. I'll keep all my alchemy and enchantment stuff in Markath (ample storage) and my smithing stuff in Whiterun (right next to a forge). I'll leave my xtra weapons and stuff in Windhelm for the time being since I'm not using them. Then I'll work on the Hearthfire DLC this weekend.

Awesome ! Do you already have all the building materials to build your house ? 230 Iron ingots, 60 Steel and about 40 Corundum + the money to buy lawn ? If so, you are ready to go bro. Happy gaming !! :bluedragon:

berzum

Awesome ! Do you already have all the building materials to build your house ? 230 Iron ingots, 60 Steel and about 40 Corundum + the money to buy lawn ? If so, you are ready to go bro. Happy gaming !! :bluedragon:
i found it easier once i built the basics to have my house carl do the decoratiing/ wife

orca45

i found it easier once i built the basics to have my house carl do the decoratiing/ wife

Yep, that is exactly what I did. As soon as I started to build the first part of the house, I asked my follower to become my steward and have him decorate for me. It is faster than builduing by your own.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I am actually using the home in Windhelm right now because I have so many armor and weapons, I use ALL the mannequins and weapon racks to put everything on. However, I really hate the layout of the house. There's that one blasted empty room, and everything is so spread out. I like the storage but hate everything else, including the area. I like the Hearthfire homes but they are just too big for me, I don't have enough things to fill up the space, and I'm not a fan of unnecessary space.

Oren74

I never understand the whole "house" thing. to me it's just something I run in and out of to drop of crafting materials/equipment. I've never owner more than the house in Whiterun...

orca45

I never understand the whole "house" thing. to me it's just something I run in and out of to drop of crafting materials/equipment. I've never owner more than the house in Whiterun...

I agree with you to some extent. I never agreed to have too many houses but only one that we could build anywhere we wanted to, but your house, should have an alchemy, an enchanting room and a forge / smelter room. The houses have been added for a purpose that is not only limited to store stuff and create your potions and weapons, but to rest and if you have a wife / family, to keep them in there. I don’t agree to adopt children at all but having a wife is kind of good because she gives you 100 everyday for example.
The whole issue about houses in Skyrim gravitate around the fact that there are too many and none of them is practical except for the one in Solstheim. In this house you have everything and you don’t have to load screen to go from one room to other and the big disappointment was the house in Solitude, being so expensive and it does come with a smithing area.
There are plenty of reasons some people don’t like the idea but there are others that we would like to have a house that we could build differently.
I vote for only one house that we should be able to customize as we want to ... or to add the smithing area to the one in Solitude and if so, that will be my only house. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

devildriver1134

I'm still on my first playthrough and I have no idea why but I went ahead and bought Breezehome after I'd spend quite a bit of time building up Lakeview Manor. Guess I figured if I can't own more than one home in real life, might as well do it in Skyrim. I'm actually adopting a child as we speak for Breezehome and so Camilla has something to do.
I'd like to get the home in Windhelm as well but don't have enough gold yet.

Does anyone here actually still BUY the Breezholme house? I know I haven't in any of my chars in like....6 months lol. Ever since I found the exploit.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Does anyone here actually still BUY the Breezholme house? I know I haven't in any of my chars in like....6 months lol. Ever since I found the exploit.

What is the exploit you are referring to? I buy the Breezehome, well if and when I take the dragonstone to Dragonsreach.....because I have ample storage, a forge next door and another up the road, and four merchants - Warmaiden's + Skyforge, Drunken Horseman, Belethor, Arcadia all within walking distance, along with a pub.

Mjaydakid

One thing my daddy use to say. Its a poor mouse what only has one hole.
I want my own bed all over Skyrim. For no other reason but to be well rested as much as possible.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts