I think there should be a new ad-on for......

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
I come to realize a lot of us Skyrim really have a lot of fun with the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood and i started thinking it would be pretty awesome for them to release a new ad on allowing these two groups to expand and do bigger better things.

I for one would love to see the Thieves Guild be able to move up and out of the sewers and take on bigger jobs and you as the leader be able to really take control over how things are done and when.

Also it would be amazing to see one allowing you to create and build your own city from the ground up.

I would love to hear other peoples ideas for this or another potential ad-on that you think would be cool to see.

Karen

boop.
Yeah, I've wanted a DB expansion for a long time too, but I'm not sure how they would do it. There's potential in it for sure, but players were given the option of destroying the Dark Brotherhood and some people feel strongly against the assassins' cult, so I don't know if Bethesda would make an official DLC for something not everyone would be able to or want to participate in. Future DLCs would probably stick to the main or civil war questline, and there's been rumors that the next one will be about the crowning of the next High King/Queen and/or a war against the Thalmor, and if something like that really is in the works, I can see how smaller factions like the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves' Guild will get looked over.

Not to mention it would probably be frustrating to players who decided against joining the Dark Brotherhood in the first place if there's a brand-new DLC they either can't play or will have to play through the questline just to experience. I mean, all the DLCs released so far have fairly low requirements to start, and no matter what your alignment is you can play it (you can pick the 'good' side or 'bad' side in Dawnguard), and I think they did that on purpose so most players would be inclined to purchase and play them.

I hope I'm wrong though, being able to truly rebuild the Dark Brotherhood would be so awesome. The Dawnstar Sanctuary looked large and impressive at first, but it's so empty and the "Dark Brotherhood Forever" quests are extremely dull, which is a shame because the DB's my favorite faction in the game. Again, there's so much potential in this idea, I do hope they'll consider letting us do more with it in the future.

But in the meantime, if you're playing on PC, try some mods! I have two installed that really embellish the Dawnstar Sanctuary - one that adds a bunch of new members to fill the empty halls of the Sanctuary, and another that adds new quests and two more fully-voiced followers with interesting backstories.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts