I need some opinions please!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HammaTimeX

So Here's the deal. I am very impatient when it come to progression and very wishey washey. I am like this on all games but my problem is i always change classes. And i want that to stop. Does anyone know of any good ways to stay devoted to one character and One character only? Also can you please list some fun classes to play since i really have no clue!!

Imperio

I would suggest reading some lore on a certain race, then then you'll get some affinity for them and want to stick with them

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Moved to General Discussion.

We have a lot of 'build' threads. Maybe if you find one you can really get into, your desire to switch will be dampened. In the end though, Skyrim probably isn't the best game for you to try stopping your character-switching habit. There's far too much stuff going on in the world and many many ways to approach it.

HammaTimeX

Hmmm good idea
I shall go read for a bit

EDIT: Rayven thank you for putting it in the right section. Also i think otherwise seeing as i have a part of me that strives for staying with one to get that daedric/Dragon armor

Gyllenhall

do what i did, i made a mage (couldnt decide between the schools) then set the difficulty to master... see what you do to survive.

my mage is now a illusion assassin... i only spec in illusion, conjuration (bound bow, soul trap <3), archery, one handed and sneak.

i had all sorts of different builds playing on the adept difficulty (even a warrior with conjuration, smithing and enhancing at 100 (thought i was awesome).

i have to say, going from adept where you can kill everything in a few hits and bearly die to having to quick save 5 times in a dungeon is... so much more fun! instead of rushing in and killing everything you have to think about every battle, and depending on what you are fighting whats going to work.

for example i hate going into dwarf dungeons or nord tombs because i dont have lvl 100 illusion so my spells dont work on undead and machines, so when i do go in there i have to use one of my many weapons like chillrend (i think its called that) has saved me many, many times. plus a few other skills i have picked up on the way. i also never use a companion (i havent found one thats good at sneaking yet).

i think im rambling.. its almost 6am, been playing skyrim all night :sadface:.

Adam Warlock

it`s not that some followers aren`t decent at sneak(especially with light armor and muffled boots) but that they tend to break into combat at the 1st instance you have alerted the enemy(even before you`re fully detected) . i`ve learned to immediately start backing away from my foes after a sneak bow shot/spell to try to remain fully concealed . many times this prevents my follower from breaking out of sneak mode

Gyllenhall

ill try having a companion when i get illusion to lvl 75 and get invisibility.. that way i can let the companion tank and i sneak kill everything.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I don't think you are the only one with OCD Skyrim syndrome, after all you create your character and are with him/her for a long time. The worse thing you can do is to keep restarting. I hope you realise that I am not being sarcastic when I say, go out, have a breath of fresh air and think about it. Not stats, not numbers, but think of what race you like best, start thinking of names (always a good place to start, there are many tools out there to help you). That's all you really need as you will lose nothing by changing your mind over professions in the game, if unsure, store the perks. Spend some time on creating the 'look' of your character. It will be unique, others may look similar but the chances of another player having exactly the same look as you is remote. Then play, don't fret if things don't go your way (hey, I'm a bard). This is YOUR character. Take the rough with the smooth, enjoy it!

Adam Warlock

re : invisibility . don`t forget that alchemy can provide you with invisibility potions and good ones can have the same or better duration. they also have a stealth advantage by being quieter than cast magic (at least until you get the silent casting perk)

Gyllenhall

yeah i know, i had the potion for invisibility recipe when i first started my character (cant remember where i found it) but couldn't find lunar wings anywhere and i had already decided on using illusion.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
The decisions you make with that character, the rare items you get, ALL the HOURS you put into him/her, You kind of become them. You love them. Or mabey that's just me :oops:

Mytheos

I do this all the time too.... my issue was armor. I like the perks of having a complete light or heavy set. And heavy armors look better but the strongest armors look ridiculous and take your character out of immersion.

As in. Yes I'm a daedric armored beast and why is no one fleeing? Oh I guess you guys must see daedric armor all the time.

I think I've settled on a pickpocket aalchemist thief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

HammaTimeX

Thanks for all the messages!
I started a mage and i'm developing a story for him. I don't worry much anymore and i also have a sneak archer i can go back to if i ever need it

Thanks guys :)

try writing a complete biography for your character: where s/he was born the childhood experiences, friends, key experiences etc. you will start to see your character as a person, and invest in them to the point where you will not want to drop them in favor of a new character.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I do this all the time too.... my issue was armor. I like the perks of having a complete light or heavy set. And heavy armors look better but the strongest armors look ridiculous and take your character out of immersion.

As in. Yes I'm a daedric armored beast and why is no one fleeing? Oh I guess you guys must see daedric armor all the time.

I think I've settled on a pickpocket aalchemist thief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

If you are a decent smith, enchanter and alchemist, every armour you decide to craft will top the cap, heavy or light. Guards will comment if you are wearing Dragon armour (never heard a comment on my Daedric yet). And people aren't fleeing because you are not a Daedra, just wearing Daedric armour, the Smith in Whiterun could technically craft that. It's rare but people are not going to flee in your wake.

RedVideo

His Excellency
I'm on my first time through and I have never been much of a gamer. I did paper-and-pencil D&D back in the 70's. I just play as me. I do what I would do if I had those abilities. So my character just evolved into what he is. I probably could have picked my perks a little better, but thats life!

Mytheos

If you are a decent smith, enchanter and alchemist, every armour you decide to craft will top the cap, heavy or light. Guards will comment if you are wearing Dragon armour (never heard a comment on my Daedric yet). And people aren't fleeing because you are not a Daedra, just wearing Daedric armour, the Smith in Whiterun could technically craft that. It's rare but people are not going to flee in your wake.

I just don't see anyone actually being able to tell the difference especially since the head is covered. And if the blacksmith could technically make it, them why is he slacking? Its not as though there is a war and a dragon that going on. Its an immersion thing for me.its just not realistic. I mean... How does one wearing that fit through doorways? I find it a tad goofy.

Sent from my GT-P7500R using Tapatalk