• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kirak95197

Writer
You can't really have us tell you what you should do with your RP character, cause it may lead to a decision you won't want your character to make.

Raelwynn

I'm not asking for what to do. Like I said in the title I just want some advice and information so I can make a good choise.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
Well do you think a protector of Skyrim would want immediate protection of Skyrim's interests (Stormcloaks) or possible long-term security (Imperials)? It comes down to your character's views.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
To be honest, I'm not sure a protector of Skyrim would want anything to do with a war that would tear Skyrim apart. I'd hold out on joining up straight away. Remember that when you're role-playing, you don't go into the game with notions of what you plan to do straight away. Sure you have a backstory, but if your character has taken it upon himself to use his magical powers to protect Skyrim from danger, then you'll probably be focused on the Dragon attacks. Through the main quests, you may find some information that may help you sway one way or the other. If you've already done them, then you probably know what I'm talking about

Remember, just because you followed Ralof doesn't mean you have to join the Stormcloaks.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
At first my Breton pure mage wanted to join the stormcloaks at the begining, but right after he became a vampire lord (Dawnguard) the disease of vampirism changed the way he thinks. Although he is still considered as an protagonist in spite of his role of being a vampire lord... He thinks that neither side truly deserves to have him on his side, however because he is so business orientated if the imperials or the stormcloaks have enough gold (the higher bidder) to buy his service, he will accept it.

Ever since he became vampire lord, and essentially took over the role as being vampire king, he takes his new position seriously. He has a century to learn the ropes and to rule. He doesn't have time to to deal with mortals fight each other over a stupid thing while the third party (Thalmor) sits on their chairs, and watch man fight each other.

Stormcloaks don't like Mages, they don't trust Magic.

That's not true at all. Ulfric has an enchanted weapon that's doused with magic.

Raelwynn

I'm not a vampire since the vampires killed my wife. My rp also involves the fact that I'm "immortal" not because I'm dragon born but such a powerful mage. I'm also a treasure hunter that has to do with mortals. The stormcloaks aren't really bad but badly managed and hack around like a bunch of wild animals. The imperials actually have a strategy. Ulfric is a selfcentered asshole who wants to have power hut I think his cause is right. The imperials want to keep Skyrim together. So the imperials would he the best faction I think.

ancliuin

I debated this as well, and finally opted for the Legion. I think from a pure gaming perspective, it's irrelevant, but putting myself into the character, my reasoning goes like this ...
The Empire out of fear allowed itself to be forced by the Thalmor to ban Talos worship - to save the whole Empire.
Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are blindly racist, though fighting to retain their worship of Talos is just.
Supporing the Stormcloaks will create a divided Empire, ripe for attack by the Dominion.
Supporting the Empire is more likely to bring the Empire together, given that only half the Nords support the Stormcloaks.
Although this option appears not to exist in the game, I believe that as the savior Dragonborn, you have the opportunity to change the empire from within and fght the Dominion - to free the empire from the influence of the Thalmor and return Talos worship to the Nords, while benefitting all races of the Empire - perhaps to even become High King or Emperor? Quite a bit tougher as the xenophobic High Ing of a rebel province.

Spoiler - and I'm not happy that Ulfric is in cahoots with the Thalmor - that bigger picture is more important to me.

oh ... and Ulfric is a douche.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Don't join either. Do Season Unending and give EVERYTHING you can to Stormcloaks, who no matter how much you hate, are the true citizens of Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts