I need assistance in creating a new character.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
I've no idea what race I want to play, nor what style I want to play him as. Here's a list of races and skillsets I've used before:

My major race has been Breton
2) Nord
3) Imperial
4) Khajiit.

Major stats I enjoy:
1) Heavy Armour
2) One-handed
3) Archery
4) Light Armour
5) Block
6) Sneak
7) Lockpick

Minor stats I randomly level up unintentionally (kind of.)
1) Restoration
2) Destruction
3) Conjuration (Which I'd love to do more of)
4) Speech.

I enjoy playing Breton the most, I absolutely refuse to play High Elf due to my hatred of the Aldmeri Dominion. However, I also prefer taking Stormcloaks over Imperials, due to my hatred of Maven Black-Briar (Yes, that's literally the only reason why I go Stormcloak) and I view doing the faction quests a must. So - is it lore-acceptable if I were to play as a Breton Stormcloak? I'd like to do more with spells as well - but dislike doing the College of Winterhold.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
If you don't mind playing female characters, I can give you sliders to a female character I created, who is quite possibly the most attractive female anyone has ever created in Skyrim.

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
If you don't mind playing female characters, I can give you sliders to a female character I created, who is quite possibly the most attractive female anyone has ever created in Skyrim.
I prefer creating male characters, as I am male. I'm looking more towards a race / class combination I could play for awhile. I've maxed out but it got very boring and hard to play at the end simply because of my lack of interest in the character.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I prefer creating male characters, as I am male. I'm looking more towards a race / class combination I could play for awhile. I've maxed out but it got very boring and hard to play at the end simply because of my lack of interest in the character.

A good way to play Skyrim is to play based solely on the morals and personality of the character you're playing. Skyrim gets boring if you just project yourself in the character.

And not all Altmer are pro-Aldmeri Dominion. In the College of Winterhold, 2 of the Altmer there warn you to keep away from Ancano because he's a Thalmor spy.

If you're willing to give Altmer a try, I know a good male preset that looks badass.

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
A good way to play Skyrim is to play based solely on the morals and personality of the character you're playing. Skyrim gets boring if you just project yourself in the character.

And not all Altmer are pro-Aldmeri Dominion. In the College of Winterhold, 2 of the Altmer there warn you to keep away from Ancano because he's a Thalmor spy.

If you're willing to give Altmer a try, I know a good male preset that looks badass.
Ah, that is true. Thank you for that objective look but I have recently created a Breton named Harvey Birdman which I will play though I was a Forsworn, as I've never taken that angle yet. But again, thank you very much for that insight, I believe I will "hit you up" if I'm swayed to play an Altmer.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
How are you going to play this new character (skills, quests)?

Btw have you ever done the College of Winterhold questline?

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
How are you going to play this new character (skills, quests)?

Btw have you ever done the College of Winterhold questline?
Yes, I have already done the College of Winterhold - but it got a little tedious after awhile... I liked the Thieves Guild the most.

Character build:

Name: Harvey Birdman
Race: Breton
Class: Spell-Thief (Jimmy Carter)
Primary Skillset: Destruction, Conjuration
Secondary Skillset: Archery, Light Armour, Sneak

Does it really matter that much? You can make any race a great archer, mage, whatever.. There's just a little initial bonus and maybe a few little minor perks which don't really matter later if you focus on leveling up whatever skills you use most anyway, so I would just go with whatever you want even on a aesthetic level.. That's what I did anyway.

Well I went with nord, because unlike what pretty vampires said, I think projecting myself into the character helps with immersion immensely, and I'm not a orc or elf in real life.

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
I've made multiple characters (too many to count) and reached max level twice, one recently and one like awhile ago. I normally play my characters a few days at first to see if I like them, and if I like them enough I'll play until I get bored or unless I have an incentive to reach max level.

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
Does it really matter that much? You can make any race a great archer, mage, whatever.. There's just a little initial bonus and maybe a few little minor perks which don't really matter later if you focus on leveling up whatever skills you use most anyway, so I would just go with whatever you want even on a aesthetic level.. That's what I did anyway.

Well I went with nord, because unlike what pretty vampires said, I think projecting myself into the character helps with immersion immensely, and I'm not a orc or elf in real life.
Yes, primarially if you're looking for PvE content and less RP experience, it is incredibly important to choose a race. If you want to play an archer, you'd pick Wood Elf, because their stats are bent towards an archer class, a mage would be a breton or a high elf. Starting stats are incredibly useful because you can only level up your stats so much until you've reached the actual max level. You can have a multitude of branches up to max and it is mainly because of assistance from what race you started with. Racial bonuses are also incredibly useful for max level, as well. Dragonskin is fantastic at the endgame, as well as the Nord's Battle Cry, which can assist you when you're getting hit by a lot of things. Etc, etc.

Hmm, yeah you make some good points. I guess those things are just not as important to me, I would rather have potentially slighter more of a challenge than sacrifice some of my immersion/RP experience.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Sounds to me like you're getting bored because many of your characters are similar. Could be wrong but I had a similar problem a while back.

Jimmy Carter

White Wolf of the Pale
That might be it. I enjoy playing this mage character, though. Harvey Birdman is doing pretty well.