• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Okay, so my alchemist is turning into an awesome character (w00t) but her lack perking the skirmish is causing her to take heavy damage. I know the light armor for Hircine's quest is a nice piece of armor, but I'm really stuck on the morality of Hircine.

You see, I want my alchemist to have an "incorruptible soul." She only kills people that she cannot absolutely cannot avoid, or whom have a bounty on their head. She has not stolen anything, and her only assault was when the Whiterun Guard told her to prove her shout as a thu'um in the beginning. The only chests she breaks into are that of dead bandit leaders.

So... I have always assume going after a Daerdic artifact will corrupt the soul. Am I wrong on that? Will the people of Skyrim look at her as an evil being if she has Hircine's hide, or any other Daedric item?

andrea

if you have some perks to waste you should start some smithing and make your own dragonbone (light or heavy), that will solve the problem

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
The people of Skyrim are idiots. Unless you assault someone or steal from them (and get caught), they mostly ignore you. A prime example:

I was in Markarth with a bounty of over 12,000. I had killed every guard outside and most on the inside as well. I had a load of loot and didn't want to fast travel so I thought I could sneak into Arnlief and Sons to get rid of it. Well, the guards respawned as I entered. I quickly ducked inside Arnlief and Sons thinking I could unload quickly and be on my way. I was followed. I did battle with a guard and killed him right in front of the merchant. After being accused of being a cold blooded murderer I started a transaction with her. Another guard enters and interrupts us. I kill him and try again. Another comes in and I kill him. This time I wait and when all is said and done I've killed 5 guards in front of her. I then calmly walk up to the counter and she proceeds to buy all my stuff as if nothing has happened.

I have heard a guard comment on my possession of the Mace of Molag Bal but he didn't attack me and it hasn't interfered in any way with my interactions. You can role play your character's morals (Savior's Hide is made from the skin of a slain werewolf) but it won't affect your gameplay.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
The people of Skyrim are idiots. Unless you assault someone or steal from them (and get caught), they mostly ignore you. A prime example:

I was in Markarth with a bounty of over 12,000. I had killed every guard outside and most on the inside as well. I had a load of loot and didn't want to fast travel so I thought I could sneak into Arnlief and Sons to get rid of it. Well, the guards respawned as I entered. I quickly ducked inside Arnlief and Sons thinking I could unload quickly and be on my way. I was followed. I did battle with a guard and killed him right in front of the merchant. After being accused of being a cold blooded murderer I started a transaction with her. Another guard enters and interrupts us. I kill him and try again. Another comes in and I kill him. This time I wait and when all is said and done I've killed 5 guards in front of her. I then calmly walk up to the counter and she proceeds to buy all my stuff as if nothing has happened.

I have heard a guard comment on my possession of the Mace of Molag Bal but he didn't attack me and it hasn't interfered in any way with my interactions. You can role play your character's morals (Savior's Hide is made from the skin of a slain werewolf) but it won't affect your gameplay.

You described how a friend of mine plays. I watch him from time to time, just to see the guards die. It pleases me to the point where I rarely do any guard killing myself.

I am trying to roleplay the character's morals into it, so if she's hunting down a werewolf, I suppose it would be okay for her to have such an item?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
You described how a friend of mine plays. I watch him from time to time, just to see the guards die. It pleases me to the point where I rarely do any guard killing myself.

I am trying to roleplay the character's morals into it, so if she's hunting down a werewolf, I suppose it would be okay for her to have such an item?

I don't know if you've done this quest before so I don't want to spoil it for you but it can have 2 different outcomes. There is a moral decision to be made.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Okay. That sounds great. I'll be on my way to get it now. I know where it starts, I just haven't done anything with it yet out of fear of "corrupting" my toon.
Are there any other Artifacts that would be okay for someone who isn't a blatant murderer or deceiver? My character drinks a lot of wine, so I'm thinking about the Sanguine Rose. It's always a helpful tank.

Edit: Her boozing is the only thing that seems to be a bad trait.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Okay. That sounds great. I'll be on my way to get it now. I know where it starts, I just haven't done anything with it yet out of fear of "corrupting" my toon.
Are there any other Artifacts that would be okay for someone who isn't a blatant murderer or deceiver? My character drinks a lot of wine, so I'm thinking about the Sanguine Rose. It's always a helpful tank.

Edit: Her boozing is the only thing that seems to be a bad trait.
If you have any doubts, save before you actually do the quest and try both outcomes.

Azura's Star if you don't choose to have it "corrupted" to only hold human souls.

Wabbajack is just plain chaotic and I don't see anything immoral about it.

Dawnbreaker. Meridia is considered good.

I don't have time to check up on them all but those are a good start.

Kuurus

I have a few Daedric items like the Ring of Hircine and Mehrune's Razor, but I have always turned down the Daedra's requests to do their bidding - and still received the item anyway. I believe any situation where you are able to do that would fit with your role play as you are keeping the item from falling into the hands of someone who would use it for evil purposes.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I really dislike the emphasis on ritual murder and demonic sacrifice in this game, and the quests where you have to kill some innocent just because you want to get the reward in the end, or you just want to progress with the questline . There is a deliberate demand to supend your ethics in many parts of the game, with better rewards apparently coming from being evil.

This stuff happens in real life and there's nothing fun or gamey abou re-enactments of it, if you've ever been anywhere near close to the real thing.

Sheogorath, Sanguine and Meridia are good, but you don't get to find out unless you do the quests or read about it online.

I wanted to say No, and F U, to Hircine when he asked me to hunt down Sindig, but because of the terrible UI (mouse conflicts with keyboard when selecting options or items) I selected the wrong dialogue option, so I ve abandoned that quests, the Dragonborne doing every Daedra's bidding just doesn't stick.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
Yes! The first time I encountered Molag-Bal, I actually tried to flee the building until I was getting bludgeoned by the other dude, so I guess that was self-defense... right up until you get locked at the alter, then any excuse for free will is gone. It's a mace that I treasure in my other character, but as for trying to keep someone in line, it's difficult to make do without some of the items.

I even spoke to some Argonian in Solitude, which triggered a quest I tried to talk myself out of. And since these quests are refusing to be abandoned, it will probably sit at the bottom of my list forever.

Kuurus

I wanted to say No, and F U, to Hircine when he asked me to hunt down Sindig, but because of the terrible UI (mouse conflicts with keyboard when selecting options or items) I selected the wrong dialogue option, so I ve abandoned that quests, the Dragonborne doing every Daedra's bidding just doesn't stick.

I accepted the task from Hircine to go after Sinding, but of course had no intention of following through with it. I chose to help Sinding escape the hunters, told Hircine off when he appeared again, and was rewarded with the ring anyway.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Thanks, will try that tonight. I'm delaying my entry to Skuldafn by finishing off sundry quests and just messing around. I think once the main quest is done it'll be time to stop with this and get on with my life.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts