I finally watched 'The 13th Warrior!' =D

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
After hearing about the film which includes Ulfric's voice actor forever from various people on here, I finally caved and watched it with a friend the other night. And...I thought it was pretty bad, most of the characters were nameless and bland, the plot was weird and fairly boring, but it did have a few really good scenes (namely, the ones involving Vladimir Kulich). I didn't even know that Buliwyf's name was Buliwyf until I looked it up on Wikipedia. No, my friend and I were just calling him Ulfric the entire time. That was the real fun of watching this movie - seeing how many Skyrim references and jokes would fit into the script. For instance:

- The reason a child was always the lone survivor of an Eaters of the Dead attack was because kids are immortal.

- This must be a gameworld because the dungeon of the penultimate boss has a convenient backdoor escape route.

- The heroes aren't stopping to loot the bodies of their enemies because it's all junk loot anyway. Unless they want to haul a stack of bearskins each.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I downloaded it awhile ago but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I did, however, watch Ironclad purely for Vladimir Kulich. I wish he'd been in more scenes. Hopefully I'll not be disappointed with a lack of screen time in 13th Warrior...?

OmNomNombies

Let me show you my cats.
I agree, Neri. Not really sure why this film gets so much hype. Michael Crichton is a fantastic author, and John McTiernan is no slouch himself, so it could (and maybe should) have been a good film.

Sadly, it was not. It's just a poor adaptation all dolled up for Hollywood. :sadface: My opinion, at least. I'm sure some people enjoy it. To each their own oh god it's so bad right?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts