I effed upp Somebody Helpp !(Companions)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Very first question asked on this forum ; help would be greatly appreciated.
im no n00b to the elder scrolls ; have played passionately since morrowind and logged around 23456789876543 hours on oblivion .... that being said ive never ran into this problemm .. ):

just joined the companions, was attempting the Hired muscle quest and found i had previously killed jervar !! im not sure what to do as he is a necessary Npc to continue Being (compassionate)XD
Someeeebodyyyy Helpp Mehhh !!!

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Ok a couple of questions.
  1. This is the quest where you have to "rough someone up" correct?
  2. If so are you "roughing up" this Jerver?
  3. If you have not done much past receiving the quest immediately STOP and load a save from before the quest reception.
Apparently on this quest you have to "rough up" [NPC]. The NPC is a random choice from a list of possible names. That being said there is a good likelihood that if you reload and attempt to restart the quest you will be given a new target.

Ya buddy ya' got the right one .

A. goin to a previously saved game b4 i killed (Npc) is not an option .. 'maybe 12 levels ago'
B. i had no idea the developers had that system of random NPC roughing lol but if that works , AMAZING

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I don't like dealing in absolutes but it appears to me that you may have met the end of your progression with the companions on that character. If you are on pc you might be able to do some console command or file digging to fix it but I know little to nothing about that aspect. My last suggestion before you do anything drastic is wait until morning and bump this thread. I seem to be the night owl of the forum so someone not currently on could possibly help you more.

Logan

I thought somewhere Bethesda said that there would always be another person to replace a person you killed so you could always finish all the quests, can anyone confirm that? Or no I guess you're not going to be able to finish the Companions questline on that character.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I thought somewhere Bethesda said that there would always be another person to replace a person you killed so you could always finish all the quests, can anyone confirm that? Or no I guess you're not going to be able to finish the Companions questline on that character.
It is true that this is the theory behind the engine but seeing as it's a new idea in a brand new (bethesda) game bugs are always possible. Perhaps when he started the quest it didn't follow the proper "don't pick the dead guy" parameter.

Jaeger

So, how long have you had this problem of killing named NPCs until told to do so?

If you want a free horse, help out a stormcloak get free from the impies and you can go into their camp and Take a horse. I'm assuming you tried to steal a horse (a nuisance if you like to get ingredients), he tried to stop you, you killed him. Or you a Death Knight just going around killing plops for the f of it.

Perchta

Very first question asked on this forum ; help would be greatly appreciated.
im no n00b to the elder scrolls ; have played passionately since morrowind and logged around 23456789876543 hours on oblivion .... that being said ive never ran into this problemm .. ):

just joined the companions, was attempting the Hired muscle quest and found i had previously killed jervar !! im not sure what to do as he is a necessary Npc to continue Being (compassionate)XD
Someeeebodyyyy Helpp Mehhh !!!

that exact thing happened to me. i waited a looong time before starting over. i was sent to gwendolyn, but a dragon had already killed her. the only save that i could load that was before she died would have been the beginning of the game. : ( she never was replaced, and her body didn't go away. i finally started over after a few of my other quests were broken, and have since not had any problems.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I would recommend restraining yourself then from killing NPC's unless told to do so. There are plenty of random encounters and folks outside of cities that can be killed for the fun of it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts