Spoiler I dont think your supposed to kill Cicero...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
There were three reasons I didn't kill Cicero:
  1. The spectral assassin's comment on how the dread father did not want it. A daedric not wanting something probably isn't something you want to mess with.
  2. Though I don't feel that Cicero really needed to go and attack anyone, he was in the right. If I recall correctly, everyone thought he was legitimately crazy and had no sanity, and they were disrespecting him, and the Night Mother if I'm remembering correctly. Plus, he also held his own against the werewolf guy; that's saying something.
  3. Once you get through all the traps and such, you find Cicero on the ground, curled up and saying he has no fight left in him. To kill someone you've put to their knees in a battle is one thing-- to kill someone who can't even lift their head to look at you is another, and it's completely dishonorable.
I was rather surprised to see Cicero walk up to me at the door of the Dawnstar Sanctuary. I figured he'd have rested while he could, then fled Skyrim or something, but nope, he came back to care for the Night Mother. Now, how he acted so serious about how he came back to kill me for leaving him alive at first was honestly hilarious because I sat there during the pause between lines just staring at the screen, unable to really believe that.

I'm currently using Cicero as my pack mule. I've got him dressed out in full daedric armor, and it is the most ridiculous and out of placed thing I have ever seen, especially when he stops to dance. And that's my only real complaint about him. Sometimes he stops while you're running around exploring and starts dancing. He's got a level 100 in one handed, so he's really kick ass with even just a dagger. I have seen him use a greatsword occasionally against some enemies, and he did use a staff against a dragon. He'll also use a bow for enemies out of reach if you give it to him.

Also, Cicero is marked as essential, so he's an immortal follower. This is great for many reasons. There's the obvious in that your pack mule won't die, but if you have to Fus Ro Dah him down something, he fall whatever length, then just jump right up.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I think killing Cicero is the key to "Liking how the Darkbrotherhood is now" and "Liking how it used to be".

He's the "Keeper!". He's kept the Nightmother for decades and even protected her thru the fall of the Sancuary in Cyrodill. It's essential as the Listener and the Speaker. So He should live....

...However..

Then there is Astrid's Darkbrotherhood. They have had no Keeper, or even a Night Mother. The way they get contracts before Cicero came along is my rumors or actually being hired straight out by meeting their contacts before hand.

I honestly like Cicero. He's such a Unquie character. He's kind of a Stranger in a Strange land. He also is a complete psychopath and flat out wierd as hell. I couldn't kill him :D

Necromis

Actually he is cowering as a deception, not actually hurt. Because if you actually attack him he jumps right up and has his full health. I didn't kill him just cuz, but my character was not a Night Mother follwer, but an Astrid follower, so I really should have slit is belly and let him watch his entrails fall out.

Necromis

He says he *thinks he got him good*. And maybe he did, but the game itself pulls him back to full health.

Jeff31

Premium Member
Cicero had to die in my opinion. Hes a traitor of the mighty dark botherhood, so thus he had be banished to oblivion. Also I did not care for his voice or his character in general. The outfit he wears I would'nt be cought in such a absurdity of clothing!
When I first ment Cicero I was in shock as he first utterd a word my ears rang in horror.
I was thinking when he was speaking to me on how many ways he would die...I know it may sound evil but I could'nt help it he was just so obnoxious.

Cicero had to die in my opinion. Hes a traitor of the mighty dark botherhood, so thus he had be banished to oblivion. Also I did not care for his voice or his character in general. The outfit he wears I would'nt be cought in such a absurdity of clothing!
When I first ment Cicero I was in shock as he first utterd a word my ears rang in horror.
I was thinking when he was speaking to me on how many ways he would die...I know it may sound evil but I could'nt help it he was just so obnoxious.
Actually, I think you could accuse everyone BUT Cicero of betraying the Brotherhood. He was just being loyal to the Night Mother, which is what the Dark Brotherhood should be doing.

Pete

The night mother must have a Keeper. What I find interesting, is there is no Speaker. I was left with the impression that the Listener is not the Speaker. As I understand it the Speaker meets those who want the contracts where the Listener finds out who. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

When I lead the DB, I take the initiates out and command them to perform the kill. That's as close as I can get. I love watching the initiates work.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Actually, I think you could accuse everyone BUT Cicero of betraying the Brotherhood. He was just being loyal to the Night Mother, which is what the Dark Brotherhood should be doing.
Exactly. After reading Cicero's journals, I don't understand how anyone could think it's right to kill him. He is the only true member of the Dark Brotherhood left. Plus I thought it was hilarious when he called Arnbjorn "Astrid's stupid wolf".

bananban

Now that I'm reading these posts, I should've let him live. I killed him because I hated his jabbering but now that I'm realizing he's a really good sneaky companion, he might have been perfect for me. Every other companion always detected me, even Mercer in that one thieves guild quest kept running around flailing his sword at all the Draugr Deathlords only to get knocked out with one or two hits when, if I had been on my own, would have just left most of them alone.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts