• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Arlais

I'm a mom of 5 in my 40s and have been playing video games since the days of Pong (remember the 2 sticks with the blip bouncing between them? Yeaaaaa. On a color TV so you could play in black and green instead of black and white? :D ). First-time addiction to a video game happened with Tetris 20 or so years ago (hence my avatar), and it's been so very interesting to watch gaming evolve to what it is today.

New to the XBox and getting reacquainted with console gaming after a long break of sticking to all computer games, all the time. Currently hooked on Skyrim (evidently) which is my new favorite after having played WoW for 6 years and City of Heroes before that (and a miscellaneous mix of all sorts of single player games in between and during). Getting used to the glitches but they certainly haven't robbed me of having a good time. Fabulous game! Very epic feel! Love it!

Happy to be here, seems to be a very helpful community of gaming enthusiasts! :)

Stone

Retired Moderator
Warm welcome to the forums, Arlais!

The community is indeed very helpful, so feel free to ask for anything :)

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
Welcome! Its good too meet a fellow parent, I have 2 little angels of my own with my beautiful wife, welcome welcome! If you ever need any help or have questions about where too post certain topics, I myself, have been getting the hang and back into the switch of the way the forums and subforum makes are around here. Everyone here so far has been great for me and I've barely been around, Staff here seems omniscient but Im sure they are great too.

Also feel free too check out some of the general skyrim topics, some of the fun games we play out there like "The never ending story" Topic, That's one of my personal favorites, my character in skyrim is level 60 at the moment, so if you have general questions that I can help answering in that aspect feel free too let me know.

Of course I would be playing skyrim on the PC seeing as how there are so many MODS out there, but my computer can barely handle all the high-end games now a days and would choke on skyrim, I'm playing it on the PS3 myself, Loving on the PS3. Me and the wife are gonna get a new Laptop and get it for PC later.

But here I am rambling on and on, welcome too the Forums and I really do hope you enjoy your stay, if you need help with navigation or otherwise just let me or... Well just about anyone know! Welcome!

Arlais

Hey thanks for the welcome, and even the rambles! I'm a rambler too, so no worries. I think it comes from having to repeat yourself as a parent hundreds of thousands of times. You just assume everyone else has you on ignore too. :D

"What's that buzzing I'm hearing? Oh it's mom. Did she say something? Probly not important." o_O

I was thinking about getting the PC version because dealing with glitches without console mod options has been a bit challenging, but we have a fairly decent size HD TV and it's just been ... epic. To go to a much smaller computer monitor ... I think would be difficult.

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
Hey thanks for the welcome, and even the rambles! I'm a rambler too, so no worries. I think it comes from having to repeat yourself as a parent hundreds of thousands of times. You just assume everyone else has you on ignore too. :D

"What's that buzzing I'm hearing? Oh it's mom. Did she say something? Probly not important." o_O

I was thinking about getting the PC version because dealing with glitches without console mod options has been a bit challenging, but we have a fairly decent size HD TV and it's just been ... epic. To go to a much smaller computer monitor ... I think would be difficult.
I know this might sound odd but PC has more glitches at times than console games, I would stick with Xbox until you get a really good PC, that's kinda what I'm doing, and about the whole repeating yourself, my kids are 2 1/2 and 1 so I have too repeat myself about 1 million times a day and usually they still don't quite get it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts