• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JOSHOUSSSSSSKI

I have been on the same save for a while now and I want to start over with out deleting my current save. I play on console so that can make a difference. Also I haven't tried anything because I don't want to risk it. Also with my new save, what class build should I do?

Visthalu

As mentioned, you can start a new game with a new character without losing the other character (save). And when you save, you just save on a new slot so you have both characters saved.

Regarding the class, totally up to you of course, whatever you feel like :) I am currently playing on an orc with heavy armor, two-handed weapons, smithing and restoration. Perhaps I will start using enchanting later, will see.

enfiniti

another thing you can do is create another gamer profile. I'm not sure about the xbox, but on the PS3, separate profiles have separate saves. Same thing goes for PC(at least on vista, i figure the same applies to xp and win7 as well), separate user names have separate saves.

Sevrin

another thing you can do is create another gamer profile. I'm not sure about the xbox, but on the PS3, separate profiles have separate saves. Same thing goes for PC(at least on vista, i figure the same applies to xp and win7 as well), separate user names have separate saves.

Why would he do that when he can just save in a new slot?

wakka

damn nature you scary
yeah starting a new game doesn't save over your other saves makes a new slot every time... (i have 6 chars so i'm 100% sure :D )

enfiniti

on the ps3, using a separate gamer profile helps to lower the chance of those aw pl*ps moments of saving over the wrong save. And on the pc, well with my 2 kids, creating them separate user names keeps my save files safe. LOL!

Sevrin

on the ps3, using a separate gamer profile helps to lower the chance of those aw pl*ps moments of saving over the wrong save. And on the pc, well with my 2 kids, creating them separate user names keeps my save files safe. LOL!

Taking one second to make sure where you're saving can do the same.

enfiniti

How many 11 yearolds do you know that take a second to do anything? ;)

wakka

damn nature you scary
change from a good mood to a tantrum

Sevrin

Thankfully, I don't know any 11-year-olds...But if I did, I'd punch them in the head if they ever used their age as an excuse. I was 11 once and I could still muster the focus and patience to save in the right slot. :p

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

LOL... i have a 5 and 2 y/o that do the same thing. They don't really mess anything up, but I can't rely on auto-saves, that's for sure.