How to get invisibility to level up Illusion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
So I used muffle to get me to lv. 70 illusion to get invisibility. But since using invisibility I haven't gone up a single level (used it heaps). Switched back to muffle and after only casting 3 times I went up to 71. So... How the hell do I use invisibility so I can still level up Illusion? It's a far more powerful spell than muffle.

Cmdr Haggis

It may be helpful to know that detection has two major components. Visual and aural.

Invisibility simply makes you unseen. You can still be heard, however.

Muffle will provide you 100% silencing, thus making you unheard.

You should use both muffle and invisibility. The bonus is that you'll level your illusion as "usual" with muffle. (If you have learned the Muffle enchant, this also provides 100% muffle, but doesn't address your leveling question.)

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Thanks chief, but if you look at my signature you'll see I have 100 sneak (trees full as well) and guild masters armour so being heard isn't really the problem here, in fact what I'm asking really has nothing to do with sneaking.

I just can't seem to get any Illusion leveling out of being invisible?

What am I doing wrong?
How do you have to use invisibility 'correctly' to level illusion?

Necromis

Have you thought of maybe using OTHER illusion spells to level your illusion, like fury, fear, calm, and/courage? These will also level your illusion. If you are just looking to spam your illusion you can cast courage on any NPC and since it is a beneficial spell it does not count as an attack. By just repeatedly casting it you will level illusion. At lower levels it takes about 4-5 castings to gain one level in illusion. I am not sure about higher levels, though.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Fury is a fun spell and very useful, use higher levels of it through-out the entire game

Cmdr Haggis

I tested my character out and found Invisibility leveling, albeit slowly, just by casting it repeatedly. It didn't seem to matter if I was near others or alone, or if I waited for the effect to wear off or not.

At level 80 Illusion, I stopped counting after 12 casts. While I was certainly closer to 81, I wasn't keen to continue clicking until it dinged.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts