• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Or, what is the most amount of gold you accumulated on any play-through?

I currently have 95,982.

For quite a long time at the beginning of the game I found it frustratingly hard to accumulate gold. I'm not really sure why. Now it's far from a problem.

Since around level 10 I've started to throw on Cicero's clothes and a necklace of minor haggling any time I visit a trader, so prices improve quite a bit.

Now I just have so much gold that I don't even know what to do with it! And I still have mountain loads of artifacts and weapons stored in my house in Breezehome that I could get top dollar for but don't want to get rid of due to their rarity.

So, what is your dragonborn's net worth? How much gold do you have?

Moris

My current character has about 780,000 or so. I also like to transmute, and then smith jewelry. I have Prowler's Profit, so I have hundreds of each kind of gem, and hundreds of each kind of gold and silver jewelry. I suppose I could sell them, but I prefer just to hoard. I also collect grand and black soul gems, and the amulets for each of the divines.

brycepunk

I think I have about 5000 gold right now. I have a bunch of weapons and stuff I could sell if I needed more money but don't really need to just now. I'm about level 46.

The man

I am the man. I am everything...
0.... had 10 but got sleepy and used it to pay the inn rent.........

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I smith, hunt and trade so I've accumulated 374,000 gold in four or five days play now.

Feel quite the big wig!

Moris

I smith, hunt and trade so I've accumulated 374,000 gold in four or five days play now.

Feel quite the big wig!

That's quite impressive in such a short period of time.

It amazes me how much of my loot has come from Nordic ruins, though. I have a Nord character who refuses to loot the ruins, funeral urns, or the draugr within them, out of respect for the dead and the funeral customs of those who interred them. He's perpetually broke.

Twiffle

Seems wierd this thread to me, as i have just started today a merchant build, hunting, smithing, enchanting and general trading, my goal is to own every house and fill them with artifacts from the specific hold, i have hearthfire too and want to build how ever many i can and fill them with kids and more artifacts with a goal of having 1 million in cash. . . . . :rolleyes:

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Seems wierd this thread to me, as i have just started today a merchant build, hunting, smithing, enchanting and general trading, my goal is to own every house and fill them with artifacts from the specific hold, i have hearthfire too and want to build how ever many i can and fill them with kids and more artifacts with a goal of having 1 million in cash. . . . . :rolleyes:

If only real life was that simple...

*looks off wistfully into the ether*

Twiffle

My current character has about 780,000 or so

I smith, hunt and trade so I've accumulated 374,000 gold in four or five days play now

Jesus christ!

I thought I was doing well!

I'm level 38 having played for about 70 hours. How on earth have you managed to amass so much gold? Especially in such a short time?

Granted I've never actually done any hunting whatsoever, and although I'm level 100 smithing that is only so that I could forge daedric armour and weapons, I've never actually tried trading my forged items...

Moris

I maxed my crafting skills quite early and added quite a few perks in each. A maxed alchemy yields some very expensive potions, and some mid-range ones that can be made from very common and/or cheap herbs.

Repeatedly loading a follower up with Dwemer scrap metal and crafting Dwarven bows can also be quite lucrative.

I also put a few perks into Speech. Having every merchant with an extra 1000 sp plus investing in some and being able to sell all types of goods to them all makes a huge difference, at least in the amount of time spent "shopping".

Having good enchanting and alchemy makes it easier to carry all that loot, and gets you much better prices, though after a while, you have so much stuff to sell that getting maximum efficiency in haggling no longer matters, since no one has enough gold to buy all that much from you -- unless you join the thieves guild.

Moris

The one million septims is one of my goals, indeed. :) I might have it now, but I really like collecting jewelry, and end up buying unenchanted jewelry (and divines' amulets) whenever I see it. I never sell my gems, either.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
I have had about 3 playthroughs at the end of each, I ended up with about 3-4 million. Enchanting and Alchemy FTW

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
My character is level 42 and has a little over 40,000 gold. I did have about 80,000 but I bought the Solitude house and all its upgrades, and then spent some on potions and other stuff. It won't be hard at all to earn it back though :D

Moris

Yeah, one time I found a Deathbell. I took it to the market and I sold it so hard. The dude gave me straight up 5 Septims for it, holla!

And to think, if you'd just ground up that deathbell with a pinch of salt, you might have gotten 200 septims for it. ;)

Falmer19

I think I had 49000. Not so much. I would like to achieve 1 million, but It seems pretty distant.

Twiffle

just ever so slightly off topic, , but would anyone like to know if i accomplish my goals and maybe how i did it, ?

Appologies for going off thread guys, , , , :)

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I got one character to about 100,500, unlocked the Golden Touch achievement, then started buying real estate. A lot of it. That's just sitting there, doing nothing, cause all I do is store trinkets in the houses until I get the Master Trader Speech perk so that merchants have more gold to buy my valuable swords. What will I do with the gold after that? Ummmh...wine and salacious men, perhaps? ;)

Moris

I got one character to about 100,500, unlocked the Golden Touch achievement, then started buying real estate. A lot of it. That's just sitting there, doing nothing, cause all I do is store trinkets in the houses until I get the Master Trader Speech perk so that merchants have more gold to buy my valuable swords. What will I do with the gold after that? Ummmh...wine and salacious men, perhaps? ;)

Ooh, where can I find them? ;)

I kind of miss being able to just give npc's more than a single gold (as in Oblivion). When I found out that npc's in Oblivion were being chased and killed by guards because they were scripted to eat, and when they ran out of food, they would steal it -- I went around on a mission giving gold to the beggars and filling their little bags with food.

Here I am carrying almost 800k septims and I can only give the burned out farmer and wife from Helgen 5 septims? It feels almost criminal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts