• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
Do you have?

I am personally approaching 100

Dvalin

Edit. I think i misunderstood your question...I think I have somewhere around 75 actual files, the 1100 number is the number of times I've saved ;)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I have just over 1500 saves. I'm also a compulsive saver. I have pulled the first 1200 out of the saves directory, however and put them in a backup directory. I had heard tales of too many saves lagging up the game. Not sure if it's for all platforms, but I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

fleeon

I'm thinking of deleting some of mine.

fleeon

I have around 700 total saves. Two files for every character and some backups. So that's like, 12 total.

I have not been as bad about constantly saving in this game.
I don't get it. 700 total but 12 total?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I have just over 1500 saves. I'm also a compulsive saver. I have pulled the first 1200 out of the saves directory, however and put them in a backup directory. I had heard tales of too many saves lagging up the game. Not sure if it's for all platforms, but I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I just hit save 2792 on my Xbox 360, but I usually have a clean out once every 2 days & leave the latest 10 & the very first 2. When I first started playing I did 2 saves at the character selection part so I didn't have to go through the whole original wagon ride cut scene.

The lag issue applies to the Xbox well it certainly applied to mine. I used to have chronic lag until I cleared most of them out.

J'Sabbah

600+ actual save files. Then someone suggested that loading times were slower the more save files you have so i cut it down to 100 files and he was right, loads a bit faster now

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
Atleast over 1000 I have deleted lots of saves and it took me so long.

Tamare

Imperial
I have a bunch of saves. Waaaay too many for me to remember. XD Is turning the autosave feature off a good idea if you plan on having more than one character? I think a friend might have mentioned it once at school and I was wondering if it makes a difference. I save like crazy even if the game doesn't autosave right away.

Slyboy87787

Proz Tipz expert
I make a new one everytime I meet someone, that way when I'm in class, wondering what someone said when I first met them, I sneak out (if I dont' get caught) and boot up that save. I usually right this down in my school notebook so I can find it quickly. THanks!

OoieGooie

Not many. I have 4 toons so far. To save their latest adventure I overwrite a previous save. However before I do I rotate the camera so I can see them in the thumbnail. Works well.