• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeruhmi

How long did it take you to finish Oblivion?
Personally it took me quite awhile seeing as it was my first TES game :sadface:

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I don't remember, I first played it years ago when it was new.. I do know it took a very long time though lol. I had really little idea about how big the world was, I just kept exploring and exploring and never really reached any kind of 'end' of the game and was just amazed. I think it took about 2 years for me to reach level 40 on that character lol.

I remember I accidentally called the character 'Oblivion' when I started, and felt like an idiot forever after. xD

Jeruhmi

I don't remember, I first played it years ago when it was new.. I do know it took a very long time though lol. I had really little idea about how big the world was, I just kept exploring and exploring and never really reached any kind of 'end' of the game and was just amazed. I think it took about 2 years for me to reach level 40 on that character lol.

I remember I accidentally called the character 'Oblivion' when I started, and felt like an idiot forever after. xD
Haha, you named your character Oblivion?!
That's classic :p
Yeah I have to admit the Oblivion world is MASSIVE. I was amazed, too!

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Yeah. I think it comes up with 'Oblivion' by default when you goto name your character, I just pressed A and kept going lol. I don't think I realised until after I was out of the sewers. Haha.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
It took me around a year to finish the main quest-line and some side-quests. Then there were more side-quests, and more DLCs and expansions. That took another few months!

The Shivering Isles expansion was great, as well as the Knights of the Nine DLC. Unfortunately I had a horrible PC back then so I had it on Xbox. I didn't know how awesome the graphics were on PC so on the Xbox 360 I thought it was still super amazing.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I can't wait to see the graphics of Skyrim on PC. The Oblivion ones are alright, but by now they're kinda out dated. One thing I wish they did is make a more resource intensive version of the game for PC, that's not limited to xbox specs. Just for people who wanna experience the game in real high detail. xD

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Definitely, adds loads of gameplay. Especially shivering isles.. there's also quite a few amusing characters in it.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
On my second playthrough (which I remember the best) I beat the main quest as soon as I could so I could concentrate on everything else without having to worry about those annoying portals :p After that I invested dozens of hours into Oblivion. When “The Shivering Isles” was published I put a couple more in there. So to finish pretty much everything in this game it took me easily more than a hundred hours in total.

Tri-edge

it took me 3 days to finish the main quest. and thats without being side tracked with side quests.After that i did the Knights of teh nine and Shivering Isles in like a 4 day or so. I got the game book with all the side quests so i did all those and that took me to around a week or so.i just looked and i have a totaly of like 59 hours on gameplay :p

Cole

Mythik
Oh that's a good question. Um, I would have to say it took me a good 40+ hours the first time, well over a 100+ after I got the hang of the game and explored everything I could.

Flamingtaco

I actually have yet to finish the main quest. I usually kinda ignored it but Im doing a nearly vanilla playhrough of it and I'm on the BLood of the divines quest with about 9 hours. I had to take a break to run around with cheated lightning spells on 0 dfficulty and kill everyone in cyrodil. It will probably take me another 3 hours or so

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
I remember playing it for a few days then stopping.
Then I picked it up a couple of months later and still didn't even finish xD

Travis

With some games, I would sit down and play it hard for a week until I was finished with it, but with this one, I felt no rush to 'finish it.' I think it was because the environment and game play were so cool that I didn't want it to end. My main quest was finished a long time ago, but I still go back and visit my character sometimes.

Flamingtaco

With some games, I would sit down and play it hard for a week until I was finished with it, but with this one, I felt no rush to 'finish it.' I think it was because the environment and game play were so cool that I didn't want it to end. My main quest was finished a long time ago, but I still go back and visit my character sometimes.
Thats because you don't really finish it. Plus for me anyway, the main quest wasnt the most intriguing part of the game so I kind of ignored it at times.

Travis

Oh yeah. I went really long stretches without even thinking about the main quest. For me the most compelling quests were my own. I think Oblivion was one of the first games that was like that for me. There wasn't a quest to create my own spells, but when I learned that was possible, I didn't rest until I had access to one of those alters in the arcane university.

Flamingtaco

Oh yeah. I went really long stretches without even thinking about the main quest. For me the most compelling quests were my own. I think Oblivion was one of the first games that was like that for me. There wasn't a quest to create my own spells, but when I learned that was possible, I didn't rest until I had access to one of those alters in the arcane university.
Im jealous. Although i have played every recommendation quest at least twice I somehow never managed to get them all in before accidentally infecting my game with a terrible bug due to overmodding.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts