how good are your assassin and theif abilities?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
are you an assassin build???

or are you a theif build?

if you are then just how sneaky are you?? and how would you take down a bandit within your skill level on your character and you as a player?

I am building up my illusion spells and I want to be an illusion master so I am gettting all illusion spells and most of the archery and sneak.

I am aiming to get the invisibilty spell book, so I can do some sneak ass killing on some bandits in which when I level up I will enjoy it so much.

thats when I complete all the thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests and buy my whiterun house.

so tell me in this thread how many sneak kills have you gained as you are playing the game?

and how do you take down a bandit or necromancer out with a silent and deadly kill and drag there bodies out and under hidden cover.

when I get my character more into illusion and sneak and archery skills get much higher say level 40. I am going to kill everyone in skyrim and steal all there gold and kill there chickens.

I am aiming on being a perfect master assassin theif one day thats why I am jonny hood of loxley.

so how good are your skills in assinations and thievery?

Assassin99

I can go through a place such as vathiem towers for a bounty and get in and out while only killing the chief

Doomy

I am currently on the sneak illusion track, and don't think it will be worth it. By time I get to invisibility, my sneak plus enchanted gear will make me near invisible anyway.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk 2

Assassin99

If you master sneak invisibility will become pointless

AS88

Staff member
On my dark elf I'm putting points into illusion, sneak and destruction - illusion more so for quiet casting and frenzy spells rather than invisibility. Sneaking in a room and casting frenzy on everything, then raiding their chests while they fight each other is more my style on one build. Finish of the rest with perked and alchemy-fortified fire storm or poisoned daggers. From level 20 onwards he'll feel OP though I expect.

I'll have another build that focusses on archery, sneak and 1h/shield with no magic for a scout/assassin build.

And my last one will have pickpocket at 100, sneak at 100, speech for the fence perk, and maybe pacify spell, and make my living without hurting a soul.

What can I say, I like variety :p

ShadowGambit

Assassin/thief skill in Skyrim are not so much about how good your skill are, but how good YOU are as a player.

As an archer, I'm doing pretty fine with Sneak at 50, Stealth 1/5, Deadly aim. I also have Illusion 50 just for the quiet casting. I use the muffle spell because I didn't find the enchantment to be disenchanted yet. I rarely use invisibility anymore, as it is taking away the thrill in my point of view.

I usually kill my target in one shot and very rarely get spotted. That is because I move around and don't stay at the same spot.

Being sneaky is about knowing your enemies and knowing the patterns and the way the AI will react to different situation. So it is more about you as a player as it is about your character.

Akim

pretty straightforward sneak/archer build. no power leveling or anything, I just played it as it came natural to me. First skill I got to 100 was Archery, second was sneak.

as I got higher level it became harder to one shot snipe many people. But I could still usually pick off an entire dungeon without them seeing me. they just run around looking for me. Though I have come to realize using a good dagger is so much more powerful. You can one shot sneak attack most people.

I am the kind of guy who will risk being seen, just to clear out an entire room. I hate leaving hostiles alive in case I have to backtrack quickly because of a tough boss or something.