• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'd love to hear some peoples unique ways of playing the game!

Do you have your own unique build you came up with?
Is their anything odd in the game that you do?
What's your favorite combinations in terms of weapons/magic

I want to hear everything!

personally i'm a master battlemage, wielding a legendary daedric sword with the destruction spell Incinerate on my free hand, with healing, conjuring, and other spells from all schools of magic available in my favorites menu at my disposal

I keep my Character level low, and offensive skills high to have an advantage over leveled NPCs. I also tend toward Mobility over Tanking up, so I can get killied if I mess up, which keeps it exciting. Not exclusively, I've taken it up to 81, and also done full crafting to compensate, but the playthroughs I have the most fun with light, maneuverable characters with unstoppable offence, and just enough defence to not get 1shotted. The rest of it is out thinking the rather limited AI.

Jarrad

I wouldnt say I do anything uniqure, as I usually only role play characters like a hunter or Paladin or even an Alchemist.
Only odd thing I guess would be that I dont kill bears unless I absolutley have to.
My favorite weapon / magic combination... hmm, paralyze + daggers.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I try to collect all the books I can. I think I own Skyrim's largest library.

Oh yeah, favorite Spell/Weapon combination is the Targe of the Blooded+Wall of Flames. The latter does 75 damage for 20 seconds, so 1500+the Bleed, and Burn, and they're stunlocked so they can't retaliate.

Another combo is Conjure Dremora Lord+Bound Bow. Pretty self explanitory.

No weapon, but Flaming Familiar+Ice Storm for indirect attack. The summon runs around cover, while the storm goes right through it, so you can hide behind a wall, or whatever, and block 100% of the damage coming at you. The Ice Storm also detonates the Familiar, so they get hit with both, nothing is resistant to both, you can use Aura Whisper to see them when they cant see you. Some fights can take a while, but you're in no danger. others it finishes in one shot, like the Caller, which can be pretty drawn out, and frustrating if you let her finish her Hannibal Lecture.

Wildroses

For odd things, every character I have ever played has been a perked alchemist who harvested every ingredient in the wilderness they saw, and they saw a lot because I have a policy of (almost) never fast travelling. Every single one. Whether they were a sword and board fighter, archer, battlemage, pure mage, good, neutral, evil, adventurer, hunter, adventure hating NPC style character, they were every single one of them perked alchemists. I just can't break myself of the alchemy habit, no matter how hard I try. Which isn't very hard, in all honesty. I love alchemy.

I also have a habit of picking three, sometimes four trees and only ever putting perks into maxing out those trees including useless perks, rather than spreading out my perks among several trees and only getting a few useful perks in many trees. I'm a bit of a role play dabbler, and it makes more sense to me that one person would be talented at certain things, and competent but not brilliant at others.

I'm still playing around with different builds, so I can't really comment on unique builds and favourite combos.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I like to avoid fast travel, and I try to minimize time in the major cities, I like to explore and work on my alchemy. My high elf always sneaks and uses a bow first and then when he's discovered he uses destruction magic and/or conjuration.
I also rarely use armour and if I do it's just because I like it aesthetically and I only wear it in hostile areas, I don't wear robes much either I mostly like just plain old unenchanted clothes.
I like my character to appear unthreatening but actually he's pretty deadly, with nothing but plain old clothes he still can use desttruction, summon weapons/undead/dremora, oh and just turn into a vampire lord :D

Andre2807

Each of my characters has an obsession with some food type. For example. My assassin only eats cheese. My Nord drinks all the wine/mead he can find.

Finally... my Breton (Mad Man) the loincloth werewolf with Wabbajack, Illusion, Speech and Block... well he wears the Ring of Namira. Eats Briar Hearts, Human Hearts and Daedra Hearts (those he can find). Also, if a guard dares to question his foul breath (Ring of Namira) he turns into a werewolf, and go on a massacre.

I've always had a really weird urge to talk to myself as if i was my actual character, no matter what game.. it can get quite childish at times but i really do get into games when i get myself started.. i also like to square up to people in taverns and rumble with the whole tavern after too many bottles of black briar mead lol! i'm a mean drunk..

MrDSL

I'm all magic right now..

Usually my spell rotation is

Freeze/ignite/firebolt or ice spear till dead.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
I have a wood elf archer/assassin who recently "snapped", and is now living in Anise's cabin in the nude, spending the days hunting and waging war against Riverwood. All the people he murders are disrobed, and carried all the way back to the cabin. I think I have 6-10 bodies in there right now. Every night I pop into Riverwood and kill a person or two, and drag them back to the cabin. He has completely alienated himself from society, and kills every person he sees, and most animals. It is quite fun.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I have a wood elf archer/assassin who recently "snapped", and is now living in Anise's cabin in the nude, spending the days hunting and waging war against Riverwood. All the people he murders are disrobed, and carried all the way back to the cabin. I think I have 6-10 bodies in there right now. Every night I pop into Riverwood and kill a person or two, and drag them back to the cabin. He has completely alienated himself from society, and kills every person he sees, and most animals. It is quite fun.
I actually enjoy roleplaying a serial killer, having your own calling card and ritual. the only problem is there's not enough npcs, kill 5 people in a major city and it becomes a ghost town, npcs should respawn and be replaced with a generic npc from a list of templates.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
I actually enjoy roleplaying a serial killer, having your own calling card and ritual. the only problem is there's not enough npcs, kill 5 people in a major city and it becomes a ghost town, npcs should respawn and be replaced with a generic npc from a list of templates.
Yeah, I like killing everybody, so essentials really get on my nerves, but I wish it was harder than killing a few people before they were all dead.

I remember i roleplayed a serial killer on my second character i think, after my discovery of Hjerim it was something i couldn't not do lol , i think he was a breton necro , really freaky guy so he was

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I remember i roleplayed a serial killer on my second character i think, after my discovery of Hjerim it was something i couldn't not do lol , i think he was a breton necro , really freaky guy so he was
I used to murder npcs, thrall them and take them home then kill them again, I had houses full of bodies(until they disappear randomly)

Muart

Fus.. RO DAH!
Best combo move ever :

Flame Cloak, Whirlwind Sprint towards enemy, Slow Time Level 3, Fireball over and over again. A little suicidal though.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Paarthurnax makes a very interesting statement that got me thinking about a new way to play.

So Paarth, why shouldn't the Blades trust you, bud?

Paarthurnax said:
Dov wahlann fah rel. We were made to dominate. The will to power is in our blood. You feel it in yourself, do you not?

Aha. So you're saying that I, as Dragonborn, also have an inborn nature to seek dominion over all things?

So that's what I did from a roleplaying perspective: I sought to dominate all things. I chose a battlemage for this (nothing says power hungry like an armor clad mage), and chose questlines that would feed my purpose. This was, obviously, much of the game. I conquered Alduin, thus fulfilling my destiny and securing (more or less) my authority over the dov, who readily bowed before my Thu'um. Paarthurnax was next. Sorry, domination, thanks for your help, can't hear your protests, gonna suck your soul out with my Dovahkiin's Kiss.

Miraak was the next target. I eagerly served Hermaeus Mora since he offered much knowledge and helped me rise above lesser beings. I did away with this "First Dragonborn" taking my place as the official most powerful man alive. The Volkihars followed; I could not allow Harkon to rule over such powerful creatures. Then the civil war, if only to be revenged on General Tullius for attempting to have me executed.

Every dragon that crosses into my vision must be destroyed. The Ebony Warrior's challenge will be met, only because he appears to be a great warrior, a warrior I must crush. Then I shall wait. Hopefully I will be able to ascend to the throne of High King. Only then will my journey be complete.

Iveri Sarothil

For Iveri, I always choose quests that she'd find interesting. Dark Brotherhood? All the way - she isn't a bred killer, but she operates on the logic of 'sometimes, people just gotta die'. Being the Dragonborn? Eh....savior of the world is a bit more attention than she really likes, but at the same time, being a part of history excites her in her quiet way. She's nerdy, and when I'm out traveling with her, I make sure she picks up a lot of books and scrolls to store back in her home. That's sort of her thing - knowledge, and going through all manner of trials and tribulations to obtain it, just because she likes to learn. That was pretty much the only reason why she was willing to get within ten feet of Hermaeus Mora.

FullmetalHeart20

I like to use magic for everything, and archery when I need stealth. Now I wanna become what I call a storm mage. Whirlwind Shout, Whirlwind cloak, and lightning attacks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts