how do you know when enough is enough, starting a new game over and over...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
:confused:Errggghhhhh!!!!!okay guys....

All I have done is stuff around with my perks for months and months and months, over and over again.

I have never been happy with my builds at all...:sadface:

So , this time I am NOT!!!!starting over if my life depends on it...

No more starting over!!!!!!

I am happy now with my perk calculated build, That I want to make in the far to near future from now!!!

I want to build an assassin type character, with some thief skill set but no pickpocket.

And quest the living hell out of this entire game,like....finish as much stuff to do including all side quests and misc quests and etc and etc...

Does anybody else hear have the same problem with starting over and over again for months???

I swear on my blood to fires of oblivion, I am not starting over this time. I know what I want a crafting build with not much high but medium sneak build, is all I need and I am happy.:D

this is my new perk build that I am happy with , so much in relief now.

jonathan90

well known member
I'll never find a build I like... and it's a shame too, because Skyrim is such an interesting game. :sadface:
The problem is with this game is .....

There are so many useful perks, but you can never become too fussy with perks otherwise you will end up like me.Because all the perks are so useful and worth it, and the reason why that's a problem with the game is because you can not choose them all at once!!!! But they are all sooooo darn good , I love it...But darn it if I can't decide which one I want. I have finally decided now, phew!!!

jonathan90

well known member
Is it bad that I constantly make builds that use the least amount of perks?
The bad thing about it is you can't be too fussy with what you want.
The good thing about it is you can not always be too fussy with perk builds.
And no it's not bad to restart your builds , just as long as you know what type and what game style you are choosing to be. It's great to keep restarting to try and find out what game style you want.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I play at level 1. One of these days, I'll get bored with finding minor magic items and not being able to craft a Ring of Ultimate Alchemy through the restoration potion glitch and I'll level up. I'm raising all my skills as much as I can before that happens.

Last time I did this, my character was level 54 and I had all those delicious Perks to put where I wanted them all at once. If you save before you do this, you can try out different builds. Now that the 1.9 patch is here, even this isn't necessary since you can eventually max out all the perk trees.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
:confused:Errggghhhhh!!!!!okay guys....

All I have done is stuff around with my perks for months and months and months, over and over again.

I have never been happy with my builds at all...:sadface:

So , this time I am NOT!!!!starting over if my life depends on it...

No more starting over!!!!!!

I am happy now with my perk calculated build, That I want to make in the far to near future from now!!!

I want to build an assassin type character, with some thief skill set but no pickpocket.

And quest the living hell out of this entire game,like....finish as much stuff to do including all side quests and misc quests and etc and etc...

Does anybody else hear have the same problem with starting over and over again for months???

I swear on my blood to fires of oblivion, I am not starting over this time. I know what I want a crafting build with not much high but medium sneak build, is all I need and I am happy.:D

this is my new perk build that I am happy with , so much in relief now.

I perfectly understand you Jonathan90 cause I did the same. But after too many times that I started all over, I finally found the type of warrior I want to be. Let me start saying that now I am a multi-rol-warrior, an elite soldier, kind of Navy Seal. A Navy Seal is capable to parachute, stealth, melee, open combat, diving, camouflage, expert in explosives, can use any weapon known out there with covered eyes, etc, etc, ... they are simply, multi-rol-soldiers, very well trained and very lethal. Well, based on that fact, I also have my character kind of a Navy Seal in Skyrim.
My skill tree is : Sneaking -1 perk, Archery -1 perk, Light-Armor up to matching set, One-Handed up to Fine Stance, Speech up to Investor, Alchemy up to Benefactor, Enchanting full perks, Smithing full perks and Destruction magic up to Augmented Fire, Frost and Shock -1 perk.

But, on the top of that, I used my very best friends in Skyrim to become more powerful : Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing. So my weapon, armors and items are enchanted this way : Armor ( Fortify Health + Fortify Stamina ), Mage Hood ( Fortify Magic + Magic Reg ), Boots ( One-Handed + Sneaking ), Gloves ( Archery + Lockpicking ), Ring ( Destruction + Light Armor ) and Necklace ( Resist Magic + Conjuration ).

So, I am capable of : sneak and be undetected and completely invisible, archery very powerful, open combat face to face with dagger + magic on my left hand + shout, dual casting magic when facing only bandits ( humans or sometimes draugr ), can open any chest out there without the Skeleton key, very powerful conjurer and absorb a lot of damage regardless wearing a light armor. But I am not a thieve / assassin per se, neither an open warrior per se nor a full mage per se; however I am capable of performing like one of them if I need to and still be powerful enough to match any thieve, any warrior and any mage out there.

But I had to star over and over too many times to come out with this setup. It took me long time to define myself in the game and find the right balance and now, I feel kind of happy with my setup. I found out that investing more perks in magic for example, does not make me more powerful than I am so magic is like a help for me when I need it; but because my Destruction is at 100 level, I do have very powerful spells available like : lighting storm, blizzard.
I found out that investing more perks on One-Handed does not make me more lethal. It is fun to have Savage Strike because you cut their head off but other than that, you are not more lethal at all if you choose only Fine Stance; I found out that wearing Heavy Armor does not protect me more than my light armor ( which is better in my opinion cause you use less stamina and it is better for sneaking ) if I have light armor enchanting in it; regarding archery, I love the fact that I Steady Hand is very cool to have because you are practically SLOWING TIME and if you the perk up to Quick Shot, then your reloading time is faster; this is very good to have especially when facing several enemies and if you combine archery with Slow Time shout, you will have more advantage to kill them all before they even get close to you; I found Sneaking to be very useful in my game; as I said, I am invisible and this skill in combination with Archery and Slow Time Shout are the best way to go in my opinion when facing vampires or several enemies at the same time.

Just my 2 cents and I do hope this help you somehow. I also, will not start again because as you said, I am tire of it and it is a pain to repeat everything again. I do have a saved file so If I ever would like to start again, I don’t have to start a new game from the very beginning but from that point over which is almost 25 % of the entire game. Happy gaming bro. :bluedragon:

jonathan90

well known member
I perfectly understand you Jonathan90 cause I did the same. But after too many times that I started all over, I finally found the type of warrior I want to be. Let me start saying that now I am a multi-rol-warrior, an elite soldier, kind of Navy Seal. A Navy Seal is capable to parachute, stealth, melee, open combat, diving, camouflage, expert in explosives, can use any weapon known out there with covered eyes, etc, etc, ... they are simply, multi-rol-soldiers, very well trained and very lethal. Well, based on that fact, I also have my character kind of a Navy Seal in Skyrim.
My skill tree is : Sneaking -1 perk, Archery -1 perk, Light-Armor up to matching set, One-Handed up to Fine Stance, Speech up to Investor, Alchemy up to Benefactor, Enchanting full perks, Smithing full perks and Destruction magic up to Augmented Fire, Frost and Shock -1 perk.

But, on the top of that, I used my very best friends in Skyrim to become more powerful : Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing. So my weapon, armors and items are enchanted this way : Armor ( Fortify Health + Fortify Stamina ), Mage Hood ( Fortify Magic + Magic Reg ), Boots ( One-Handed + Sneaking ), Gloves ( Archery + Lockpicking ), Ring ( Destruction + Light Armor ) and Necklace ( Resist Magic + Conjuration ).

So, I am capable of : sneak and be undetected and completely invisible, archery very powerful, open combat face to face with dagger + magic on my left hand + shout, dual casting magic when facing only bandits ( humans or sometimes draugr ), can open any chest out there without the Skeleton key, very powerful conjurer and absorb a lot of damage regardless wearing a light armor. But I am not a thieve / assassin per se, neither an open warrior per se nor a full mage per se; however I am capable of performing like one of them if I need to and still be powerful enough to match any thieve, any warrior and any mage out there.

But I had to star over and over too many times to come out with this setup. It took me long time to define myself in the game and find the right balance and now, I feel kind of happy with my setup. I found out that investing more perks in magic for example, does not make me more powerful than I am so magic is like a help for me when I need it; but because my Destruction is at 100 level, I do have very powerful spells available like : lighting storm, blizzard.
I found out that investing more perks on One-Handed does not make me more lethal. It is fun to have Savage Strike because you cut their head off but other than that, you are not more lethal at all if you choose only Fine Stance; I found out that wearing Heavy Armor does not protect me more than my light armor ( which is better in my opinion cause you use less stamina and it is better for sneaking ) if I have light armor enchanting in it; regarding archery, I love the fact that I Steady Hand is very cool to have because you are practically SLOWING TIME and if you the perk up to Quick Shot, then your reloading time is faster; this is very good to have especially when facing several enemies and if you combine archery with Slow Time shout, you will have more advantage to kill them all before they even get close to you; I found Sneaking to be very useful in my game; as I said, I am invisible and this skill in combination with Archery and Slow Time Shout are the best way to go in my opinion when facing vampires or several enemies at the same time.

Just my 2 cents and I do hope this help you somehow. I also, will not start again because as you said, I am tire of it and it is a pain to repeat everything again. I do have a saved file so If I ever would like to start again, I don’t have to start a new game from the very beginning but from that point over which is almost 25 % of the entire game. Happy gaming bro. :bluedragon:
Yep, cheers man.

The entire reason why I kept on restarting, is my perks just were not up to scratch at all. I joined the imperials and I had been a little bit too overpowered and still not enough craftsmanship perks.

Now I know what I want to do....is specialize in all craft and making a good assassin type character.

jonathan90

well known member
And I think I know now and I will end it with this thread right now...

enough is enough now, I know what I want now and so be it , All the way until level 81 and beyond I am happy with my perk set for good now.

I've been at level 81 for a long time but since the new patch my game keeps freezing up so much a new character might be the only way for me to keep my sanity.

Nighthiker77

With 1.9 and Dragonborn you can basically reinvent your character whenever you want now, except for your stamina and magica allocations. On PC you can even setrace and showracemenu and change just about anything. All that without losing any levels or perks.

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
I've started the game over 5 times, each with a different character. This time though, I found a build I like alot. I haven't started over in a long time. I don't think I will anytime soon. It's ridiculous how many builds I have had though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts