• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

Im a pacifist, when they land i just talk them to death . . . :rolleyes:

Jzizzle

Now that's a Knife!
Let the Dragon engage Shadowmere, go invisible and sneak up to the Dragon's Head and stab with a dagger using Shrouded Gloves. Do this 2 to 3 times and down they go, usually with the awesome cut scene! Dragon death by Dagger!

Usually I find cover and throw up fireballs from safety, once I led a pursuing dragon to Helgrem where I proceeded to let the bandits fight the dragon. They died of course but by the time the dragon focused on me I wasa t full health again. Ethreal comes in handy to if the dragon attacks from the air (my aiming isn't great yet) and when it's on the ground I usually use Unrelenting Force to prevent the beast from blasting me. Then when I can I bash it as best as possible.

jaredb

Dragonrend + dual dragoonbone swords (legendary smithed & double enchanted) = very dead dragon

I try to avoid dragons, as I use master difficulty and hard dragons mod. Its so fun to try and hide from a passing dragon. It's almost like the mini rush you get in Dayz, hiding from a helicopter.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Honestly, with the right equipment and skill level, I can take a dragon out with any tactic. I've even taken the weakest dragons out with bare hands. Conjured beings are insanely useful for range fighters.

The Become Ethereal shout is a life saver. If you have a weakness, such as being a vampire and having little to no resist fire gear or low armor and easily killed by bites, simply tapping the shout/power key is all that's needed. I've never had a dragon use that finisher on me when using the shout.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
On adept I killed a dragon with the knife and fork combo. Killed one with a shovel and one with a wood cutters ax and one with a pickax on expert. All of these were done with full deadric Armour, and level 37 orc.

I killed a elder dragon bare fisted and only ragged trousers on novice.

And I did all of just just to proudly say that "I did it".

kawaiiGHOSTanon

I've been a strict archer on almost every save I've had, but trying to shoot a dragon flying around in a circle is one of the most infuriating things in this game. I usually don't have any other unlocked shouts other than the Whirlwind Sprint, Fire Breath. and Unrelenting Force [i re-roll a lot], so I can't force the dragon down, so usually I will lead it to a nearby town or bandit camp and let them shoot at it until it lands on the ground, and then I attack it with a two-hand weapon in the face.

I'm pretty sure I would fail at this game if it was set on Master instead of Novice, Apprentice, or Adept.

Twiffle

I've been a strict archer on almost every save I've had, but trying to shoot a dragon flying around in a circle is one of the most infuriating things in this game. I usually don't have any other unlocked shouts other than the Whirlwind Sprint, Fire Breath. and Unrelenting Force [i re-roll a lot], so I can't force the dragon down, so usually I will lead it to a nearby town or bandit camp and let them shoot at it until it lands on the ground, and then I attack it with a two-hand weapon in the face.

I'm pretty sure I would fail at this game if it was set on Master instead of Novice, Apprentice, or Adept.

Please please please change your font, some of us are old jiddery ba*****s on here and have faileing eye sight.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Please please please change your font, some of us are old jiddery ba*****s on here and have faileing eye sight.

CTRL + mouse wheel up or plus key.

Skyrimosity

Ok everybody, here is my preferred dragon killing strategy:
Character: Level 35 Breton Conjurer wearing Arch-Mage Gear

Step 1: Make sure I have my 2 Master Conjurer Dead Thralls (never leave home without them)
Step 2: Watch their magicky spells assault the dragon. When one dies, resurrect them again.
Step 3: When the dragon lands, smile as my Thralls summon Frost Atronachs. Laugh evilly as my 2 Thralls and their Atronachs smash the dragon to pieces.
Step 4 (optional): If dragon is set on attacking me, activate DragonSkin and laugh maniacally as I absorb his breath.
Step 5: Wonder how he's still alive
Step 6: See him run around as he's no longer able to fly, Dead Thralls still blasting away with fancy looking spells.
Step 7 (optional) Cast Dual Bound Swords and charge in, so as any on-lookers are amazed at my Dovahkiin bravery.
Step 8: Watch the dragon die in a giant roar and absorb his soul.

The five-eight easy steps to killing a dragon without really doing anything except laugh at his futile efforts to survive.

Ok everybody, here is my preferred dragon killing strategy:
Character: Level 35 Breton Conjurer wearing Arch-Mage Gear

Step 1: Make sure I have my 2 Master Conjurer Dead Thralls (never leave home without them)
What are you using as Thralls? I prefer Master Vampires, because they use Drain Healh magic, weapons, and armor. Since you have the Sigil Stone, go use the Atronach Forge to whip up a couple Staffs of the Storm Atronach for them. They can use them, and their summons don't count toward your total. (Also, give one to a follower, like J'zargo, he'll do the same.) up to 3 Strom Atros, and 3 powerful mages will bring down any dragon with a quickness.

Lately, my dual wield builds have been using the Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson to shoot them down so that I can Julienne them with swords. They must have patched it, now it's simply a Staff of Lightning Bolts (When it used to be semi-automatic.) That's fine, it was too powerful, anyway.

Skyrimosity

What are you using as Thralls? I prefer Master Vampires, because they use Drain Healh magic, weapons, and armor. Since you have the Sigil Stone, go use the Atronach Forge to whip up a couple Staffs of the Storm Atronach for them. They can use them, and their summons don't count toward your total. (Also, give one to a follower, like Eola, she'll do the same.) up to 3 Strom Atros, and 3 powerful mages will bring down any dragon with a quickness.
I just use a couple of Master Conjurers I've found. One is just Master Conjurer, the other is Ondolomar or something to that effect. My Breton is on a very strict "NO SMITHING" playthrough so no making anything. And I forgot to mention... most of the time I go without a follower but when I do have one I like Farkas (Big strong warrior). I also only let my Dead Thralls usually do the killing... if I myself were to get heavily involved it probably wouldn't be much of a show.

xsneakyxsimx

I spot one in the distance then run towards it like a crazy bastard swing my greatsword, humming some battle cry keeping my eye on it, then I proceed to run off a cliff or waterfall... you win again gravity.

Hmm, let's see. Spots a Dragon, takes a swig. Charges into battle, takes a swig. Falls off mountain, casts Healing, takes a swig...

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I am primarily an archer, so I take shots at it, maybe dragonrend it, depending on the terrain. I do like to go in with my sword to finish it off, in the hopes of an epic kill cam :cool: I an only getting Revered Dragons now, and they have drain vitality shout, so it makes it a bit trickier to keep out of it's shouting range.

xsneakyxsimx

I am primarily an archer, so I take shots at it, maybe dragonrend it, depending on the terrain. I do like to go in with my sword to finish it off, in the hopes of an epic kill cam :cool: I an only getting Revered Dragons now, and they have drain vitality shout, so it makes it a bit trickier to keep out of it's shouting range.

Nothing says badass like watching yourself in a killcam... unless it's you being killed... :\

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Nothing says badass like watching yourself in a killcam... unless it's you being killed... :\

Yes so very true. Those ones are not fun to watch. Especially when they oh so casually walk away...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts