How Do You Feel About Elder Scrolls ONLINE? MMORPG?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheRealJaja

I am looking for some discussions on the new Elder Scrolls Online game they are in the process of making and havent seen any real convo's about it. How do you guys feel about this game?

Tamriel

Well I own Morrowind and all dlcs( did not beat main quest but love it), I own Oblivion and all dlcs( i love it but i liked morrowind better), I own Skyrim on xbox and pc with all dlcs for both and lore friendly enhancement mods for pc( beat main quest multiple times). so i am accustomed to the elder scrolls games so naturally i am completely excited for the elder scrolls online. i am a little nervous as to how it will work but i have confidence in zenimax. i cant wait to explore all of tamriel

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
It isn't going to be all of tamriel, that's simply too much to stuff into a single release, but if the game does well I can see them adding more regions, probably as expansions (which is a pretty good idea IMO)

But as a lot of people stated in the other thread about this, so far the game doesn't look very interesting at all. As an mmorpg, it doesn't really stand out, and already some people are upset about the early disregard for lore and concepts in the other tes games and semi instead just using copy-paste mmorpg formula (like race based factions) which doesn't fit into the tes lore at all and seems very lazy and cheap.

Tdroid

From what I have seen of the game it looks promising and seems to stay true to much of what makes TES TES. That said, I have never been one for MMORPGs, so I probably won't buy it.

Im looking forward to it, gunna try and talk my girl into playing it but knowing shes just a Madden & Saints Row person but I use to play FFXI and enjoyed that greatly so I will be definitely checking this.

I will say though... knowing the lag issues a game like FFXI had with their multiple servers, and knowing the lag Skyrim experiences here and there... one megaserver just sounds like a lagfest... wouldn't be surprised if that changed sooner than later.

SprSynJn

I don't have a PC that I can run it on, and the subscription model would put me off if I wasn't playing it religiously. Still, I have no doubt it'll be amazing when it does come out. And the possibility for it to expand to all of the land is something I think all fans would enjoy. From what I've seen, it looks like Skyrim, which alone makes it a winner in my book.

Is it going to be PC only? I'm sure they will incorporate console gamers too, I don't see why they wouldn't capitalize on that market as well.... I am still kinda upset at them about the Dawnguard/PS3 thing, however.

Tamriel

Is it going to be PC only? I'm sure they will incorporate console gamers too, I don't see why they wouldn't capitalize on that market as well.... I am still kinda upset at them about the Dawnguard/PS3 thing, however.
no it will be pc only. go watch the e3 2012 about it and look it up. deffiniatly only pc. your comment is equivalent into saying that WoW id playable on consoles. minecraft graphics on a console are not that great(only blocks) and it can only have 8 people in a lobby. CoD games have decent graphics and yet 18 people in ground war is laggy as all hell. it will always be for pc only because consoles will never be able to have a huge open world with 250+ players in it. next gen consoles prollly wont either

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
no it will be pc only. go watch the e3 2012 about it and look it up. deffiniatly only pc. your comment is equivalent into saying that WoW id playable on consoles. minecraft graphics on a console are not that great(only blocks) and it can only have 8 people in a lobby. CoD games have decent graphics and yet 18 people in ground war is laggy as all hell. it will always be for pc only because consoles will never be able to have a huge open world with 250+ players in it. next gen consoles prollly wont either

Wut? Minecraft is only blocks on the PC version too. At least from the videos I have seen. And as someone has already said, MMOs have appeared on Consoles before. So, it's not impossible, just usually unlikely.

WalrusPancakes

Reckoner XBox Recruiter
Im interested to see the outcome.I think they'll do a fairly nice job personally

jam

Pretty much that. I hope it does well and doesn't just follow the same MMORPG trap and I probably will at least try it.

Clau

The Fateless One
For me, it's worth a try. What I am pondering is on how the stealth approach will work with the group play of taking down large creatures.

I get the gameplay impression of Kingdoms of Amalaur: Reckoning from the videos that I've seen.

snafu

all i'm gonna say is that if ESOL turns bethesda into post WoW blizzard then i'm probably done with gaming for good since the next step will be an acquisition by a larger corporation and the greed will set in real fast (think EA-activision, the latter of which totally destroyed blizzard.)

also, i'm definitely not down for a mind-numbing item grind or a pvp experience where you're barred from attacking people in the open world due to retarded level restrictions. if they have any clue they'll do it red-dead style and allow you to pk and be pk'ed, or they'll go full retard with WoW arena (and the latter is obviously more likely here.)

anyways, fun time story time, i know a guy who knows a guy who had a friend who was addicted to WoW, anyways the friend would come over to his place and chill with his girlfriend while his buddy had his headphones on running quests like a champ on WoW. long story short, buddy managed to bang his friends girlfriend on more than one occasion while the guy was in the same room.

mmorpg's, not even once. lol.

also edit time: just watched the preview for it... WoW2.0. no thanks.

Omega Dragon

I'm neutral about it.

If they do anything innovative, people will scream Bloody Murder (it has and does happen, take FFXIV 1.x for instance: everyone thinks the problem with the game were the features and have no clue it was due to a broken engine... and take the lack of auto-attack for some good action combat: only a niche of players enjoy action combat). If it copies WoW, people will not bother playing it because they already have everything in WoW.

In the end, the MMORPG market is going to remain stagnate and fall over itself because of this. It's not even the fault of WoW or Blizzard; I'd say the fault lies with the masses that Blizzard was able to bring to the table that everyone else wants a piece of, and it's not even due to the P2P subscription model, just most games going from P2P or any one of the F2P models have been horrible in their own right (SWTOR - horrible story written by a mere kid; GW2 - like GW1, no long-term goals; LOTRO - any number of things, but most esp. the obvious combat perhaps; etc.). Then you have all the trolls that go from MMORPG to MMORPG yelling in 'global chat' about how the game's going to fail because World of Warcraft is always so much better.