Xbox 360 how do i get more out of skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

crackjuice

thanks in advance for reading this

i got the game when it first came out and stared a nord jack of all trades master of none type character, i used two handed and light armor and usually threw in some destruction, archery, restoration and some other things. he was kinda like my guinea pig. i had this idea from the start to hold off the main quest for as long as possible as well as the three main factions. during that play through i finished the thieves guild and got 2 or 3 missions into the main quest. then i got bored and started a new character, and orc heavy armor, one handed and shield and did exactly what i did last play through with the quests, nothing more. again i got bored with this and started another orc heavy armor but with two handed. i started this back in January and put it down til about a week ago. this build was a ton of fun, i sorta role played and got gorbash iron hand (from orc stronghold near markarth) and got both of us suited up and equipped with all orcish stuff. i ended beating the main quest and the DB and companions. so now im ready to start a new character. i was thinking like a kajiit thief/assassin, because i think im gana really role play it this time and kajiit are known to be thieves. but thief/assassin builds, from what i have seen, are REALLY over powered so i don't know, it seems like it would be fun at first but then get really boring, and kajiit have stupid abilities. i also have never really been into alchemy(don't know how to make good potions) enchanting(i hoard soul gems but never fill them) and smiting(i hoard the materials and just keep them stashed away). and finally(if your still reading i appreciate it) i don't think a mage character would interest me, i have nothing against it but i have always tended to stay away from magic. but if that is a fun class to be then tell me why and give me some tips on how to better use magic.

again thanks

crackjuice

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section. also should i wait for the new dlc dawnguard (something like that) to start a new game???

Notmy420

Make a sneaky theif for sure.. I was hesitant at first, thinking it would be boring having to sneak around all the time. But now he's my favorite characters. Silent rolling all day, stealing anything my heart desires, and 1shot headshotting bosses from across the map is always fun :]

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Siah

My advice is always to try a specific mix of class such as a spellsword or illusionary assassin or some such. Keeps me from getting too bored with characters all the time, but I always like to try new combinations. Maybe you could try a Dark Elf thief/assassin with the illusion and restoration schools of magic? Otherwise you could pick between an archer-only style or dagger-in-the-throat style.

It's really just whatever's your cup of tea. I've started maybe 7 or so characters and play them all very differently and enjoy each for whatever mood I'm in.

I'd also look at some other posts on people who say the same thing about magic and then played a more magic-based character in Skyrim (whether full mage or hybrid class) - from what I see, the majority found it highly entertaining rather unexpectedly. I can only say so much though, considering I usually prefer mages to melee, but the opposite was true for me: I rarely touch a sword and shield in rpgs, but I found that I thoroughly enjoyed a melee based class as well.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Kinda what Siah said. I'm totally anti-mage myself but I'm slowly (and I do mean slowly) coming around to the realization that if I wanna stretch the game for all it's worth, then I reckon I gotta bow down to the magika. I've already done the thief/assassin thing, which was tons of fun. My current dude's an Orc, specializing in the red part of the constellations. So what does that leave? Nnnnnoooooo, not the blue part of the constellations! Alas, I must concede. :rolleyes:

When I do go down that magika path, I'll be sure to load up on perks focusing on the blue part. I've read on these forums that when the magika's powerful, oh man, stand the hell back. So that might be not only an option, crackjuice, but a challenge as well. That's the way I'm looking at it anyways. :confused:

dunklunk

thanks man, off to start a new game!!!! thank god i have no school tomorrow, we all know that feeling of "oh i just need to get this done before i get off " 4 in the morning... here i come!!!!!!!!11

I hears ya, I do hears ya. So here's a question, crackjuice. Will you be sleepy sleepy by, say, 4:37 this fine morning? And if not, do remember that you have a mega day awaiting you for some Skyrim action. Homework?! Pah! It shall be done. But only after I collect at least five dragon souls. ;)

crackjuice

I hears ya, I do hears ya. So here's a question, crackjuice. Will you be sleepy sleepy by, say, 4:37 this fine morning? And if not, do remember that you have a mega day awaiting you for some Skyrim action. Homework?! Pah! It shall be done. But only after I collect at least five dragon souls. ;)
hahaha soooo muuuch skyrim!!! btw i love the build so far man, i named him J'Zhirr(sounded cool and didnt remember anybody who had the name) im rolling with the almighty J'Zargo!

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
Creativity.

By that I mean creating your own build. Like you said with your guinea pig Nord, try different combinations of perks and see if you get any ideas for it. Say...you don't suppose you could make a Paladin build of sorts, focusing in One-Handed and Restoration, could you?
(I did the same thing with my Khajiit: he's a combination of alchemy, stealth, and Destruction I call a Shaman).

dunklunk

hahaha soooo muuuch skyrim!!! btw i love the build so far man, i named him J'Zhirr(sounded cool and didnt remember anybody who had the name) im rolling with the almighty J'Zargo!

That does sound like a cool name! J'Zargo is a funny character from what I remember. Some of his lines are just classic. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts