Quest how did you do the goldenglow estate quest?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
How did you infiltrate?

Do you have any video's on your successful infiltration?

here is mine.....

let's hear your goldenglow estate infiltration stories in full!!!!!

And what is your guide on coming through this quest being undetected?

The best sorted race I prefer is mainly thief type. And I will have updates on this later on, but right now my other question is how would you know if there are special items you can find in goldenglow estate?here is my infiltration goldenglow quest video.enjoy!!!

Wildroses

I don't have videos, but I'll tell the story. My infiltration of the house was a brilliant example of undetected stealth until after I had robbed the safe, when I decided to see what was upstairs. I was spotted, and ended up having to kill every mercenary in the house.

So then I walked outside to burn the beehives and heard: "We're here to teach you a lesson." I didn't want to be hemmed against the door by three heavily armoured melee fighters, so I ducked past them and ran around the corner into some Goldenglow mercenaries.

That was when I was taught this lesson: "The Goldenglow Estate Mercenaries don't notice people burning down beehives when they are busy killing hired thugs." Best lesson ever.

jonathan90

well known member
I don't have videos, but I'll tell the story. My infiltration of the house was a brilliant example of undetected stealth until after I had robbed the safe, when I decided to see what was upstairs. I was spotted, and ended up having to kill every mercenary in the house.

So then I walked outside to burn the beehives and heard: "We're here to teach you a lesson." I didn't want to be hemmed against the door by three heavily armoured melee fighters, so I ducked past them and ran around the corner into some Goldenglow mercenaries.

That was when I was taught this lesson: "The Goldenglow Estate Mercenaries don't notice people burning down beehives when they are busy killing hired thugs." Best lesson ever.

The mercenaries are very powerful, and hold a lot of health. Best not to do this quest at a very low level unless you have some of the backstab perks.But I prefer not engaging them, for they will tear my head off at a low level.

Wildroses

I've only ever done the thieves guild questline once on a character I created purely to join the Thieves Guild, so she was pretty low level. I was inexperienced and new to Skyrim back then. But it ended up working out for me by sheer luck.

jonathan90

well known member
I've only ever done the thieves guild questline once on a character I created purely to join the Thieves Guild, so she was pretty low level. I was inexperienced and new to Skyrim back then. But it ended up working out for me by sheer luck.

was she a wood elf? I figured wood elves suit my most favourite style of game play as thieves and as assassins.

Do what ever you think is best, But I don't start going to riften for the thieves guild unless I have invested in atleast 14 perks or less.

wood elves as thief assassin's suit me as my most favourite, as I previously stated.

I love them, for my wood elf is bald and handsome just like me.:):DBut Anyway, it's cool to chat about this. I love goldenglow estate. For it's one of my most favourite missions in the entire game as apart from the thalmor embassy infliltration.

Wildroses

She was a dark elf, with a focus on alchemy, smithing and enchanting. I wanted to see how quickly I could break the game with that character. The answer was really quickly.

jonathan90

well known member
She was a dark elf, with a focus on alchemy, smithing and enchanting. I wanted to see how quickly I could break the game with that character. The answer was really quickly.

It's very good just being a wood elf , "in my opinion" dark elves for me as my opinion I think are great assassin's as in pure assassin's but not thieves.I would feel a bit too depressed being a dark elf as for me.

But for this quest best using a wood elf, for I feel so happy being a wood elf. For they are so cheerful and happy beings.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I took Vex's advice and snuck in using the waterway, moved around undetected the entire time inside, persuaded Aringoth to give me the key, swept the safe, set fire to the bee hives then swam away.

Zero casualties, silent, swift and undetected, the way of the Thieves Guild.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I usually end up killing all the mercs. Archery is my friend. That, and why not get something on the side for me while I am doing Maven a favor? :D

Ritterkreuz

I just slaughter off the mercenaries. I try to take out as many as I can with arrows before they know I'm there. The way I see it, that's what Aringoth get's for hiring them in the first place.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Most of the time I go about it like a respectable thief: sneak in, do your duty, and get out, with limited (preferably no) casualties. Other times I slaughter every last mercenary from the shadows, like the 'ssassins do. But every now and again, since I love screwing with Maven and the Guild, I burn all the hives, hack Aringoth's head off, and make a daring escape, naked and Shouting. I just wish you could raze the entire estate when it's all said and done. That'd be the icing on the sweet roll.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I usually burn the hives first. I sneak through the water like in the OP, take out the hives, and then swim back to the way the Vex told me should still be open. Then, what I do depends on if I feel like wiping out the mercs or not. Usually, I take them out. Sometimes, I leave them be, figuring that if Aringoth hired them, and is found dead, that they won't get another job, so that is almost worse that me killing them...almost. Otherwise, I sneak around & either slash or dispatch with an arrow, and make my way to the top floor. Go back down and raid the safe, and head back to Riften.

jonathan90

well known member
of course in goldenglow estate, I had to kill the mercenaries that get in my way.But leave the one's that I can just easily sneak passed and escape out the sewer. much easier then having 10 of them attacking you.

rule no 1: infiltrate and swiftly kill if you have to kill!!!!

How did you infiltrate?

Do you have any video's on your successful infiltration?

here is mine.....

let's hear your goldenglow estate infiltration stories in full!!!!!

And what is your guide on coming through this quest being undetected?

The best sorted race I prefer is mainly thief type. And I will have updates on this later on, but right now my other question is how would you know if there are special items you can find in goldenglow estate?here is my infiltration goldenglow quest video.enjoy!!!

I slaughtered all of the Mercenary's, went inside, robbed the safe, and left. (for some reason Aringoth was nowhere to be found)

jonathan90

well known member
I slaughtered all of the Mercenary's, went inside, robbed the safe, and left. (for some reason Aringoth was nowhere to be found)

for some reason, my video could become a lot better.But I need my mate to show me how to edit and attract viewers.But it's cool to give you guys a run through since I got one dislike for that video.:sadface:

jonathan90

well known member
next time it's gonna be goldenglow estate thief montage.with music and etc.:D;)nope I will make my videos appear so much more better next time. my video was too long anyways.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
No problem for me. I just went in through the sewer (as per my comrades advice), killed everybody (except the elf - I pick-pocketed him) and burned the hives.

It was fun! KILL! KILL! KILL! (I realize the TG doesn't like that but scr*w 'em!).

for some reason, my video could become a lot better.But I need my mate to show me how to edit and attract viewers.But it's cool to give you guys a run through since I got one dislike for that video.:sadface:

Seems alright to me, but good luck.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Ha...funny story actually. Last time I did this quest I snuck in through the sewer, took out mercenaries with poisoned arrows, got what I came for and got out again. (I love archery too much for my own good...I can't resist hiding in the shadows and sniping with arrows, even when I can and should be sneaking past the enemy.) I saved the beehives for last, and I'd planned to take them out from a distance with a fire-enchanted bow.

I snuck over to the hives thinking "Aw yeah, I just rocked this quest" but before I could set fire to them, a dragon attacked. Suddenly I see my quest indicator ticking off "Burn Three Beehives (1/3)"..."Burn Three Beehives (2/3)"....that flipping dragon burned every beehive on the island :eek: So of course Brynjolf and Maven ripped me a new one when I got back to Riften anyway. *grumbles* Stupid dragon and his stupid flaming face. :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts