How did you come across Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
Im pretty sure Morrowind was for the PS2, and original Xbox, and PC of course, and oblivion is for both PS3 and the 360/PC, Oblivion I liked more than Skyrim for certain things, like the humour, Adoring Fan + Dive Rock, and the crazy NPC's and quests in that game. Although Skyrim is way more advanced with better graphics, combat, and dungeons aren't all the same layout as they were in oblivion.

Chadonraz

Package deal. I bought an Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle, a.k.a. the console with Forza 4 and a download code for Skyrim. I had never really played, or liked, RPGs, much less ones with tons of killing... but I watched a bunch of videos of Skyrim and read several reviews (before making the purchase), and the game didn't seem all that bad. I gave it a try, and... got hooked pretty much instantly.
That was almost three months ago, but Skyrim hasn't lost any of its awesomeness. :D

Shadowmaster66

A mate of mine told me about it and showed me some videos on the net and ever since i have have been playing skyrim on the Xbox

Tyer032392

I knew about Skyrim sense it came out at the end of 2011, but did not get it. I use to watch my friend play it all the time at the University Commons building until class. I only just recently bought Skyrim five or so months back and really have not played anything else but Skyrim.

Aniratak

My dad is/was a devout Elder Scrolls player, and as such, when I was a bit younger, I watched him play Morrowind on his PC for countless hours. When I inquired if I could play such an advanced game as this, he gave the response that it was too complicated. So I was content with watching. After he retired his Breton battlemage, he got Oblivion and all the expansions and started playing that. I watched that one too, albeit not as much. Now, fast forward to December 25th, 2012: I come downstairs to open my Christmas gifts, and I get an Xbox 360! :p I also got Halo Reach and AC3, but pfft, who cares about those? :p A few days later, my dad said he wanted to look for the next Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, while we were out buying another Xbox controller. Alas, it wasn't there at Target, so we got Assassin's Creed Revelations instead. A couple of months later, my dad went to the store and behold! There was Skyrim, on a Walmart shelf. He bought it, brought it home, and played for ssoooo long that evening. The next day I finally got a chance to play, and I was blown away!:eek:
Anyway, there's my long ranty post. :p

You have a very cool dad then! =) Did he play Skyrim as much as you did (or do)? That would be awesome if I could talk to my dad about that kind of stuff.. =)

Aniratak

Are most of these older Elder Scrolls available for PS3? I don't want to use my PC and am certainly not going to buy an XBox.

I think they are. Actually, I bought Oblivion on Xbox live a couple of days ago. I tried it for a couple of hours but gave up because I was a bit bummed out about the graphics. But I have been thinking about it ever since, and I would really like to know some more background stories so I will try again tomorrow. I see that it was a great game when it came out! Next time I turn it on I will not think about graphics. Thats the key!

Aniratak

This is the truth *deep breath* . . . .

I decided one day to look up where "arrow to the knee" came from because I was bored, and it led to some youtube plays, and then I fell in love with Skyrim. That's what happened. I've never had a console in my life, and never thought I'de fall so deeply in love with a game. But it has me hooked :p

Love it! Haha! :Dragonborn: I never thought I would fall in love with a game in this way as well! It's amazing how I still start over and over again!

Agent of Shadow

Dragon Priest
You have a very cool dad then! =) Did he play Skyrim as much as you did (or do)? That would be awesome if I could talk to my dad about that kind of stuff.. =)
Yeah, my dad actually plays more than I do. :eek: :p

Invader Vin

I've heard of the Elder Scrolls games before though Skyrim was my introduction to the series. For whatever reasons in the past I simply past over the Elder Scrolls games in favor of others such as the Neverwinter Nights games and Civilization. I caught word of Skyrim through the usual hype and something about it appealed to me. I very rarely buy games on launch (I'm patient enough to wait for lower prices) but I preordered it on Steam and was glad that I did. Since launch day I haven't played much of anything else.

Aniratak

Yeah, my dad actually plays more than I do. :eek: :p

Amazing=) None of my friends play Skyrim, and as I've already said my boyfriend didn't play it for more then a couple of days so not alot of people to share Skyrim stuff with around here. Great to be able to join a forum like this and talk about it as much as I want:Dragonborn:

Saozig

Hippy
I got an Xbox in early 2012 because I was burned out on PC gaming headaches. My Xbox bundle came with Halo Reach and Fable III. Blew through Fable III like it was nothing. Halo Reach got boring after a while, and those arcade games on Xbox are totes meh, so I needed a game to play on this Xbox I had just bought. It was that time of the year where there's a lot of sales and I came across a Skyrim Collector's Edition for $60 that came with a book of artwork and a statue of Alduin. I read reviews of the game and watched some vids on YT and anyone was just gushing about it. I figured $60 for a collector's box edition ain't bad, so I got it. It showed up on my doorstep at the start of February. The rest is history. (BTW, that statue of Alduin is packed in the box and stored away--mainly to keep my greedy brother from tryng to steal it. The book of artwork's pretty nice, actually, and I look at it from time to time.)

Aniratak

I got an Xbox in early 2012 because I was burned out on PC gaming headaches. My Xbox bundle came with Halo Reach and Fable III. Blew through Fable III like it was nothing. Halo Reach got boring after a while, and those arcade games on Xbox are totes meh, so I needed a game to play on this Xbox I had just bought. It was that time of the year where there's a lot of sales and I came across a Skyrim Collector's Edition for $60 that came with a book of artwork and a statue of Alduin. I read reviews of the game and watched some vids on YT and anyone was just gushing about it. I figured $60 for a collector's box edition ain't bad, so I got it. It showed up on my doorstep at the start of February. The rest is history. (BTW, that statue of Alduin is packed in the box and stored away--mainly to keep my greedy brother from tryng to steal it. The book of artwork's pretty nice, actually, and I look at it from time to time.)

I looked at that box in the store yesterday I think! I thought to my self that I wish I had that one. Perhaps I will buy it if I ever get the game for PC. =)

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
My boyfriend at the time introduced me to Morrowind when it first came out years ago. When I first tried it I thought it was the weirdest thing I ever played. I wasn't even sure what to do. I was used to the usual games where you basically have to follow a track. Then I realized I could do anything I wanted to really. If I didn't like a in game feature or wanted to add something I could just change it on the editor. I thought that was the greatest thing ever. And the editor made it even more appealing. I love toying around on that thing. I loved the fan base that formed around modding the game, making each person's game completely individual experience tailored to them. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and I love all three. As long as they make Elder Scrolls games I'l probably continue playing them, as long as my poor little computer can handle them.

Two Bears

Been playing Elder Scrolls games since TES I: Arena back in 1994. Overall, the products have become increasingly polished, which is good. However, they have also become a bit too streamlined in an effort to appeal to mass audiences. Overall, it is a compromise that I am okay with. Contrast this with Fallout. Interplay refused to compromise. They are out of business. Bethesda compromised and evolved. They have turned the Elder Scrolls franchise into blockbuster titles, insuring more titles down the road. And now they own Fallout.

Aniratak

Been playing Elder Scrolls games since TES I: Arena back in 1994. Overall, the products have become increasingly polished, which is good. However, they have also become a bit too streamlined in an effort to appeal to mass audiences. Overall, it is a compromise that I am okay with. Contrast this with Fallout. Interplay refused to compromise. They are out of business. Bethesda compromised and evolved. They have turned the Elder Scrolls franchise into blockbuster titles, insuring more titles down the road. And now they own Fallout.

I've never played through the other TES games. I was too young in 94.. Also didn't have a computer. When Morrowind came out I tried it but I think I was still a bit too young to understand it all. So I'm a bit curious about what parts they have changed to appeal to a mass audience. To me the game is (almost) "perfect" but I don't have any other TES games to compare with.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I played.....well, I should say TRIED to play Morrowind when it first came out but my PC was terrible and couldn't run it at all. I had forgotten about the TES franchise completely until I was watching the Yogscast guys attempting a playthrough of Skyrim, and I was amazed at how it looked, so I purchased it for XBox.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts