• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HaxAras

I had Lydia as A companion, bought A plot of land in Falkreath and build A house. Lydia asked to be my housecarl, said I'd be honored. I furnished it A bit and married Ysolda. I saw Lydia at my wedding but she hasn't been back to my house yet. I just see my wife and bard. Either she's really mad I didn't marry her ( I would have, had she stopped calling me sir or thane.) or she's bugged out. She dissipated on me before, she was standing on some rocks on the side of A mountain, didn't follow but showed up when I purchased A dog in Morthal. Poor dog is dead. Lydia is no longer A companion so I can't do that to get her back again.

Any suggestions?

My end goal is to have A fully furnished house and family and Lydia is part of it.
Housecarl: Lydia, Pet: Meeko the dog, Wife: Ysolda, Bard: (can't remember his name presently), There's an orphan girl in Windhelm I think it is, going to adopt her and some other kid. I also have A companion I need to hire. He's the Dunmer on Solstheim, can't remember his name. He's A great friend/companion for my other character.

Adam Warlock

I`m a little confused , but Lydia must be your Steward at Lakeview Manor since Rayya is the designated Housecarl for Falkreath.

Other than checking at Breezehome and Dragonreach , I really don`t know where else to look for her.

HaxAras

I`m a little confused , but Lydia must be your Steward since Rayya is the designated Housecarl for Falkreath.

Other than checking at Breezehome and Dragonreach , I really don`t know where else to look for her.

Yeah I think I meant Steward, I keep getting the two confused. I don't own Breezehome and I checked Dragonreach. I'm going to check the crypt in Whiterun as well as my house and Dragonssreach again.

Somebody on Yahoo answers had the exact same problem as me. (Unless you count that they were using A different house)http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130228202610AAwAYVl

Edit: Checked the Whiterun Crypt and Dragonsreach, thankfully she wasn't at either. I'm going to do some quests to make more gold to furnish my home. Hopefully she shows up there at some point.

HaxAras

did you fast travel anywhere? when my companions/stewards/house-carls/horses/dogs/etc... dissappear, if I fast travel a couple of times, they usually show up again.

Yeah, I've been fast traveling A lot actually. I was walking everywhere before but I made A special exception for my house. My house is mostly done, I just need the cellar and several plaques. I'm just going to work on getting the Falkreath Housecarl, if Lydia doesn't show up by then I'll get another steward. Then go for my companion and the dog.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
did you fast travel anywhere? when my companions/stewards/house-carls/horses/dogs/etc... dissappear, if I fast travel a couple of times, they usually show up again.

Yeah, I've been fast traveling A lot actually. I was walking everywhere before but I made A special exception for my house. My house is mostly done, I just need the cellar and several plaques. I'm just going to work on getting the Falkreath Housecarl, if Lydia doesn't show up by then I'll get another steward. Then go for my companion and the dog.
Maybe you killed her. That'll make her dissappear. :)

HaxAras

Nope, I know for A fact I didn't kill her. We had the wedding, I put on my wedding ring. Had to go work on my house so Ysolda could live there. Went to Whiterun and got her. At no point did Lydia ever show up. I checked the Whiterun catacombs, Dragonsreach, Falkreath Jarl's place, my house, Ysolda's old house, and the Temple of Mara.

Lydia walked out of the Temple of Mara and seemingly off the face of the planet.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Nope, I know for A fact I didn't kill her. We had the wedding, I put on my wedding ring. Had to go work on my house so Ysolda could live there. Went to Whiterun and got her. At no point did Lydia ever show up. I checked the Whiterun catacombs, Dragonsreach, Falkreath Jarl's place, my house, Ysolda's old house, and the Temple of Mara.

Lydia walked out of the Temple of Mara and seemingly off the face of the planet.
She's probably drowning her sorrows at the Ragged Flaggon. :)

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Seems like every time I've lost a follower or a steward/carl it's because we were in some kind of fight and he/she got killed. Usually it's your own friendly fire that kills them. If you go back to your places of battle, you sometimes find their dead bodies. If that didn't happen to you, she will show up eventually.

HaxAras

I've found Lydia. I purchased Breezehome and she was inside. She greeted me and left Whiterun. I presume she's heading towards the house close to Riverwood. I moved from that location. I was constantly being attacked, Lydia was gone and the location wasn't as open as I like. I've finished my 'family'. I'm probably going to move them again to the house by Solitude, that one being my favorite.

My current family is

- HaxAras Royal
- Ysolda Royal (wife)
- Lucia Royal (daughter)- Kit (pet fox)
- Sofie Royal - (daughter)- Meeko (pet dog)
- Oriella (bard)
- Faendal (steward)
- Gregor (housecarl)
- Teldryn Sero (companion)
(possible second dog - working on the Dawnguard dog.)

I could replace Faendal with Lydia at the new house and Gregor with the new housecarl. Gregor never goes inside and maybe the new one will. I also don't like that my current bard plays the songs about the Stormcloaks. I'm really not looking forward to furnishing A third house. The cellar-shrines are bad enough as it is.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts