• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
wow.. looks like i'm pretty late to this topic, anywho.. i personally never use horses and also don't see the point of doing so, its much funner to walk about on foot and kill anything opposing you on your way to the desired destination, imo its just cowardly to use a horse to run from any confrontations.. and if you're just looking for a means of "getting there quicker" thats what fast travel is for.

Some people prefer not to use fast travel , like me :D.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
When I don't feel like fast travelling I'll take a horse.

Riding horseback with a bow :D feeling like a tank :p

sticky runes

wow.. looks like i'm pretty late to this topic, anywho.. i personally never use horses and also don't see the point of doing so, its much funner to walk about on foot and kill anything opposing you on your way to the desired destination, imo its just cowardly to use a horse to run from any confrontations.. and if you're just looking for a means of "getting there quicker" thats what fast travel is for.

that's the problem - horses are no good for combat. They're better for outrunning an enemy than they are for fighting. If they were actually useful in combat, then it would be more worthwhile using a horse because it would enhance the adventuring experience, but they don't. If anything, they make combat worse. Plus you can't even do simple stuff on horseback like picking up items or talking to people - you have to dismount for just about everything, so they're an annoyance. Only good thing about horses in this game is they add visual appeal.

SkyOracle

Horse are for improving the immersion of the game, and usable for running away when a bunch of trolls are coming after you. it's even useful for running away from a dragon ,mammoths, giants and other creatures who can easily overcome you. also horses are useful for fighting while mounting. use the bow and arrows while riding it makes really easy to fight with enemies.

ShangTsung

that's the problem - horses are no good for combat. They're better for outrunning an enemy than they are for fighting. If they were actually useful in combat, then it would be more worthwhile using a horse because it would enhance the adventuring experience, but they don't. If anything, they make combat worse. Plus you can't even do simple stuff on horseback like picking up items or talking to people - you have to dismount for just about everything, so they're an annoyance. Only good thing about horses in this game is they add visual appeal.
yea the visual appeal of them is nice, plus its fun when occasionally i spot a group of bandits beating up a poor defenceless horse and i run over there to help the big guy out by slaughtering them all.. :D

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.

Some people prefer not to use fast travel , like me :D.
Same here. I don't fast travel except by carriage, for role-play purposes. Not only that, I walk instead of running everywhere. A horse is starting to look useful. At least now there is mounted combat, even if it sucks.

There is still plenty of room for improvement on Skyrim's horses but now I'm willing to get one.

They are very useful if you're carrying too much but they are useless in protecting your house from bandits or giants. Just stay in the stable, you'll die!!. Again.

Jaeger

If you're a looter like me and not adverse to fast traveling, do this. Leave the horse at the stable, run off, collect alchemical and mine spots you come across, go into a dungeon, kill and steal everything that is sellable at a profit, slow walk outside, place crap in barrel, urn, whatever until you're not weighted down, fast travel to the location you're at, i repeat, where you are at, your horse will be there with you, ride him to your crap cache, get crap, fast travel back to town.

No more slow walking back to civilization!

I love my horsey!

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
In my opinion, none ! Probably when you are climbing but if you find the road to get to that place, you will not need a horse for a hard terrain. If you don't have a horse, still you can climb to some extent and to drop from high altitude and don't get kill, you can use Become Ethereal and avoid damage to yourself. I don't use horses at all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts