• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
This thread is about battles that take place between creatures or enemies. The match for which the thread was named took place in Solstheim. Anyone care to wager who won? I've also seen a snow bear VS a lurker, sabercat VS horker; dragon VS ice trolls VS several draugr scourge, which I watched casually from a cliff top, the draugrs shouting at the dragon as it breathed on them. The dragon left to breath on me, and then went after some ice trolls, which chased it back to the draugr ruins. After it breathed on me a couple more times, I went to help the draugrs, (trolls were dead), afterwhich the remaining draugrs fell to blows from Ale Smasher.

What interesting or humorous interactions have you witnessed between Skyrim's inhabitants?

sticky runes

I came across a dragon picking a fight with a wandering giant. I was with my housecarl Gregor at the time, and we helped slay the dragon. I was going to spare the giant, but then he smacked Gregor and sent him flying into space, so I destroyed the giant.

Another time I saw a giant attacking a khajiit caravan. I helped them kill the giant, but it had sent Zaynabi flying into space, and when she came back down, she was stuck in the "falling" pose. she continued to follow her fellow khajiits, but she kind of hovered over the ground on her back, and stayed like that even as I spoke to her and made trade with her.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
My favorite will always be the dragon that got killed by the 5 mudcrabs out by Dustman's Cairn while Lydia and I stood and watched.

Those little nippers apparently pack quite a punch. Sure there was only one crab left, but I got my bones, scales and soul along with the cash, so I was happy. :)

Chadonraz

Dragon vs. Giant is always fun, because I get to loot both. :D

Sabre Cats vs. Mammoth happens every now and then - and I will never understand how the Sabre Cats managed to kill the Mammoth once. Maybe the Mammoth spawned in midair and took some serious fall damage.

I'm 99% sure I know where the OP saw that trolls vs. dragon vs. Draugr. I have a love-hate relationship with that particular place. The Draugr are always Deathlords (with a Scourge here and there) for me, and the dragon is always Ancient fire.

Yesterday I saw Snowy Sabre Cat vs. Ice Wraith, and I've also seen Frost Troll vs. Ice Wraith. Both Ice Wraiths lost rather miserably.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Mudcrabs vs frostbite spiders is quite common in the swamp next to Morthal. I think the mudcrabs got the better

The only time I saw dragon vs giant the dragon was just about to win (giant took a knee) so I had to swoop in and take the giant's soul. A couple of swings to take giant and a couple more to finish the dragon

I know the place where the dragon and draugr fight. I'm pretty sure it's in the mountains between Falkreath and Riften, but closer to the Riften side.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Dragon vs. Giant is always fun, because I get to loot both. :D

Sabre Cats vs. Mammoth happens every now and then - and I will never understand how the Sabre Cats managed to kill the Mammoth once. Maybe the Mammoth spawned in midair and took some serious fall damage.

I'm 99% sure I know where the OP saw that trolls vs. dragon vs. Draugr. I have a love-hate relationship with that particular place. The Draugr are always Deathlords (with a Scourge here and there) for me, and the dragon is always Ancient fire.

Yesterday I saw Snowy Sabre Cat vs. Ice Wraith, and I've also seen Frost Troll vs. Ice Wraith. Both Ice Wraiths lost rather miserably.

This draugr/ dragon/ troll fight was in Solstheim, I believe, but couldn't tell you where. I know the scourge were present due to a couple frost atronachs that I saw running around down below. The dragon was ancient fire.

Chadonraz

I know the place where the dragon and draugr fight. I'm pretty sure it's in the mountains between Falkreath and Riften, but closer to the Riften side.

That's another such place. The last time I went there, a Revered Dragon was guarding the Word Wall - and the "coffin boss" was a generic Dragon Priest.
The tower was full of Deathlord archers with Ebony equipment. I took great pleasure in Fus Ro Dah'ing them down to their deaths.

I had Serana with me (I decided to shamelessly take advantage of her presence since we were on our way to Ancestro Glade), but the dragon put her down fast. I just hid behind a rock and spammed Become Ethereal, dodging Drain Vitalities and firing arrow after arrow. It was fun - but the second, Draugr part wasn't. Those generic DPs are easy compared to Deathlord archers and DDOs.

Annageckos

This draugr/ dragon/ troll fight was in Solstheim, I believe, but couldn't tell you where. I know the scourge were present due to a couple frost atronachs that I saw running around down below. The dragon was ancient fire.

I've seen that fight, I sat up on a cliff above and watched the fight. The dragon didn't win that one. After the dragon was killed I used my bow to pick off what was left of the draugr.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
The typical ones I see are Sabercats verses Mudcrabs and things like that. It seemed very unfair to me, a tiny mudcrab verses some giant cat with giant teeth... you can probably guess who won that one...

But then I see random battles that I wish I could know what started it. Like between badnits in the same camp. One time, I saw an Ice Mage and a Fire Mage go at it; that was a fairly intense battle. And the funny thing was, they BOTH died at the same time. They were equally shooting fire and ice at each other and then both collapsed. Pretty funny.

Dragons attacking random things while you're in sneak mode can be pretty entertaining. But my favorite is when a Dragon bites a guard that just tried to arrest you, tosses him back and forth, and then tosses him high in the air which then he comes falling to his doom.

sticky runes

While wandering the swamps between Morthal and Solitude, I saw a charus killing a dragon (with my help, but I let the chaurus strike the final blow) and shorly after that, I saw a couple of mudcrabs fighting a frostbite spider. The first mudcrab died, and the second one killed the spider and avenged his buddy.

Recently, I got to Dawnstar and took down an ancient dragon with the help of Kharjo who was with his caravan outside the town, and immediately after the dragon died he ran off to help his fellow khajiits fight a necromancer. I ran over to help him while the dragon's soul transfer was happening, but by the time I got there, the necromancer had been beaten down and Kharjo finished her off by plunging his sword into her guts. It was glorious.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
It was a while ago, and I think I posted about it in another thread at the time but I was wandering along the northern coast and saw 3 giant frostbite spiders going at it. I maintained a respectable distance but it was fun to watch.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
The typical ones I see are Sabercats verses Mudcrabs and things like that. It seemed very unfair to me, a tiny mudcrab verses some giant cat with giant teeth... you can probably guess who won that one...

But then I see random battles that I wish I could know what started it. Like between badnits in the same camp. One time, I saw an Ice Mage and a Fire Mage go at it; that was a fairly intense battle. And the funny thing was, they BOTH died at the same time. They were equally shooting fire and ice at each other and then both collapsed. Pretty funny.

Dragons attacking random things while you're in sneak mode can be pretty entertaining. But my favorite is when a Dragon bites a guard that just tried to arrest you, tosses him back and forth, and then tosses him high in the air which then he comes falling to his doom.

That reminds me. A dragon attacked Riverwood, so I ran down the road in an attempt to draw the beast away. It was to no avail. As I made my way back, the dragon landed in town. I noticed the blacksmith running up to it with a warhammer. To my horror, I watched as the brave smith stood directly before the dragon while it breathed on him. By the time I got there, the blacksmith of Riverwood was dead. He had managed to take a chunk of the dragons life. It was a good death.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts