Hjolfr Warender- Journal of a Son of Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
II - GENERAL PLAY RESTRICTIONS
- proceed through the game intro and then leave the cave with NOTHING
- difficulty set to 'master'
- HUD set to 0%
- brightness dropped down 2 notches
- only carry 30% of what game allows
- only carry 30 arrows max
- must fully sheath weapon to use a potion
- must have a hand free to pick anything up
- must not move around crouched for unreasonable amounts of time
- may not harvest unreasonable items (if a dead elk has a garnet don't take it)
- may not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks (like conditioning; heavy armor weighs nothing)
- must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must eat 3 meals a day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must always carry clothing (worn under armor)
- may not use smithing or enchanting (must find/purchase all gear)
- may not swim while wearing armor
- may not enter freezing water unless on a horse
- may not use in-game map unless at a known location
- may not fast travel (except by cart)
- may not use exploits
- may not cut wood for money
- if you set off a trap and it injures you then you are dead
- may only use manual saves after sleeping (resting)
- when character dies must load from the most recent save
- if character dies must return to an inn and wait (recover) for 7 days
- must spend 300 gold with the innkeep to cover room and board

- a mercenary's fee is for (1) 24-hour period
- a companion may carry 10% of your carry ability
- when a companion/mercenary dies they are dead, no save loading

- a horse may carry 10% of your own carry ability
- you may not access the 10% that your horse is carrying during combat
- when carrying items back to your horse you may not use sneak or have a weapon drawn
- horse must be fed 5 points of health per day (it is assumed horse will also eat grass)
- if horse dies it is dead, no save loading

CHARACTER SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS-

-no alchemy allowed
-no magic except for shouts & powers
-no picking locks

I'm sorry for the short-lived Dunmer journal, I just got frustrated from the loss of several days in hardcore playstyle

BACKSTORY-

Hjolfr came from an honourable Nord family in Solstheim. After the Great War, he moved to Skyrim. He couldn't believe that the Thalmor had forced the Empire to ban Talos' worship, something that he had grown up doing. His parents set up a shrine in honor of Talos, near Helgen and Riverwood. One day, he returned from mingling in Riverwood to discover a massacre had happened. Four of the worshippers were dead, along with a Thalmor. But his parents were no where to be seen. This must have been... the Thalmor! They had taken his parents, and imprisoned them! His hate for the Empire exploded at that point, and he swore that he would run those milk drinkers right out of the province! Skyrim is for the Nords! Not some damn elves!

Morndas, 17th of Last Seed 4E 201

Those bastards. I wish I could grab every single one of their snotty faces, and break them so much that they'll look like Orcs. Everything was going fine, we were making a living, and then those stuck up elves had to come and slaughter Hrita, Rolf, Sergius, and Jurgen. My parents, Ma...Pa...where can they be? I must join the Stormcloaks, but first I must improve my combat skills, or else I'll give an Imperial the satisfaction of killing me.
I stripped the Thalmor, but left the others alone, out of respect. Thalmor robes fetch a nice price on the market. He also had an iron sword, some magical boots, and a healing potion. I will keep those for my use in my early days alone in Skyrim. The Thalmor also had letter, telling him to investigate the shrine by himself, because he had a reputation for being untrustworthy...wait! That mean Ma and Pa lived, if the only Thalmor is dead!
Or perhaps this Thalmor didn't listen, and decided to bring some more of those milk drinkers. I guess I'll never know, unless I see them. That would bring more joy than...a bellyful of mead!
I was happy with the loot this Thalmor carried, but the sword felt uncomfortable in my hand. I would much rather have a battleaxe. Much better for slaughtering elves.
That is why I headed to Riverwood and sold the sword and the Thalmor robes, and tried to buy a nice big Steel Battleaxe. Unfortunately, I need a couple hundred more gold. I need to find work soon.
This reminds me, come crazy old lady mentioned something about seeing a dragon earlier. She's overdosed on skooma, by the sounds of it! Dragons, really? Old children's tales. Nothing but legends.
The brother and sister who run the general store also seem to be missing some sort of "golden claw". Some thieves had taken it, and it seemed very valuable to them. Maybe something I could look into for work.
I went to the inn to see if I could get work. The innkeep gave me a bounty letter, but I need a weapon first, and to get a weapon, I need gold!
Then I met the bard. He wanted me to give a fake letter to a woman he likes, just to make his competition look bad. I was thinking of telling the other lover, but it turned out he was an elf. A Wood Elf, but still, an elf.
I gave her the letter, and she fell for it. She called him a long-eared ass...I'll have to remember that one! I returned to the bard to tell him of my deed, and he gave me twenty five gold pieces! I was expecting more, but it'll have to do! I'm closer to my goal now!
But then you have to take my room and board fee, and it pretty much evens out!
I really thought about it, and I'm going to head to Whiterun tomorrow. Nothing against Riverwood, but I need to make gold, and there just aren't enough opportunities here.