• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hippoZoned

This is a new video series I started, Hope you Enjoy!

please leave any fedback on how I can improve, what you like didnt like anything at all to help me make my videos awesome

Ivory

Let's Player
Personally, I like the journal concept, but if anything that should push you to put a more commentary or characteristic style to your play. Otherwise it's simply a gameplay video. I do like your intro video where you explain where you plan to go and if you're having fun, good for you man, but you asked for opinions and I'm all to happy to give them. I too just started my series as well and I too love to grow and expand on what we enjoy.

If not a more narrative approach, perhaps a more cinematic style might do you good, but again, just random ideas.

Also welcome to the forums

hippoZoned

Personally, I like the journal concept, but if anything that should push you to put a more commentary or characteristic style to your play. Otherwise it's simply a gameplay video. I do like your intro video where you explain where you plan to go and if you're having fun, good for you man, but you asked for opinions and I'm all to happy to give them. I too just started my series as well and I too love to grow and expand on what we enjoy.

If not a more narrative approach, perhaps a more cinematic style might do you good, but again, just random ideas.

Also welcome to the forums

Thanks, Yea I feel the first video is lacking somewhat and I tried to make the second video a tad bit more entertaining(still without commentary). however I was considering maybe adding some but it'd be going against the intro, any idea on how I could spice up the vids without commentary. Right now with this series I chose to do no commentary I wanna stick with it, it'd be kinda weird to switch it up now.

Ivory

Let's Player
Thanks, Yea I feel the first video is lacking somewhat and I tried to make the second video a tad bit more entertaining(still without commentary). however I was considering maybe adding some but it'd be going against the intro, any idea on how I could spice up the vids without commentary. Right now with this series I chose to do no commentary I wanna stick with it, it'd be kinda weird to switch it up now.

Don't worry too much about what feels weird. Do what you feel you think you should. If that means diverting some from your original intent, there is nothing wrong with that. I myself had two Let's plays before Skyrim. Child of Light and Dishonored. Child of Light was my first, but unfortunately has been halted because it's too long of a Turn based RPG to keep interesting.

Not everything will be a winner to viewers, that's for sure. However if I were to suggest an idea without your commentary or voice, it would be as I mentioned briefly, a more cinematic approach. This would take much more camera work and editing with a lot more time, but it's an option if you want it to be.

A great example is this series. There is no voice work from the creator telling an incredible story. The voices are indeed taken (about 75%) from the game and the rest from films throughout our time.

If you want to tell a story, this would be a good route. I too am doing a story with my playthrough, but I am roleplaying and acting as the main character with gameplay over a cinematic approach. (One I hope to someday evolve the series into with time)

Ivory

Let's Player
One more thing, this too is a great example of a more focused perhaps Journal approach

hippoZoned

I really appreciate your advice, so I'm thinking i'll do the first four video without commentary and the last 4 with commentary. We'll see how these go over like they are now.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I want to tell you, when I first started playing Skyrim, the videos I found saved me A LOT of grief, and I think they're very important. I like your clear speaking style and tone, and I do think your videos would benefit from some commentary. That being said, I always detested too much talking and swearing, although I think you're smart enough to know better. Commentary should tell you why you are there and what you are attempting to do. Tips and tricks are good, too! Jokes help, if they're good and clean. The other thing I needed from videos is small bits (30 seconds to a minute) that show certain pieces of a quest in which people have difficulties. I always hated skimming through a 30 minute video to find that 30 second piece I needed.

hippoZoned

I want to tell you, when I first started playing Skyrim, the videos I found saved me A LOT of grief, and I think they're very important. I like your clear speaking style and tone, and I do think your videos would benefit from some commentary. That being said, I always detested too much talking and swearing, although I think you're smart enough to know better. Commentary should tell you why you are there and what you are attempting to do. Tips and tricks are good, too! Jokes help, if they're good and clean. The other thing I needed from videos is small bits (30 seconds to a minute) that show certain pieces of a quest in which people have difficulties. I always hated skimming through a 30 minute video to find that 30 second piece I needed.

I'll Make an attempt at commentary in the next video or the one after that, Thanks for the advice.

I updated the 1st post with a new video

jakethetiger2

This is a new video series I started, Hope you Enjoy!

please leave any fedback on how I can improve, what you like didnt like anything at all to help me make my videos awesome

When there is a really important event or action happening you could add your voice or a facecam or both to see how the player reacted to the situation

Sent from my device of awesomeness

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts