• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
This is probably a lore question, but I've always wondered how Serana quenches her thirst for blood. She doesn't come across as the type to sneak around and take sips from unsuspecting victims, since she comes across as a good person. And I can't picture her using the vampire cattle in the castle.

Maybe she gets her source from the bad people like bandits and stuff (although it never shows her feeding animation with them). Or perhaps those blood potions? I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud.

Any ideas?

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
She's not a good person, otherwise she wouldn't be living in a castle where people are tortured and made slaves.

As for who she feeds on....... maybe she just drinks those potions of blood?

Orcs Are Your Friends

Hahaha, I didn't mean to imply that she was a saint! She hasn't tried to kill me, she isn't like Harkon, and she isn't like those other random vampires I run into in caves and stuff, so she's "good" in my book.

But anyway, maybe she gets her fix from blood potions.

JClarke1953

In fight's, haven't you seen her use her "life drain"? It's kind of reddish in color, and drains life from the opponent. If she's been cured though, she will use health potion's. If not, you can go to the castle and get her the decanter's that hold blood to give her.

Some NPC's you use as a follower will use health potion's, as well as enchanted gear.

Orcs Are Your Friends

Oh, I totally forgot about Life Drain! For some strange reason, I never equated that to Serana drinking blood. Silly me.

So that's probably it. Blood potions and Life Drain to quench that deep down vampiric thirst.

coinop25

I sided with Dawnguard, so I just always assumed she was taking sips of me when I hit the hay for the night. I didn't mind because, you know, can't argue with an unkillable follower who makes a habit of conjuring even more allies to help us out.

That said, I could also see her going, "Ptoo! Ugh, werewolf blood."

CaptMorgan72

Vampires don't need water, sugar, fat, protein, potassium and calcium salts, which is what blood consist of. They need the life force that blood provides the living. Its sort of mystical, but vampires consume the life force from mortals and the life drain spell does just this. Drinking from blood is a quick and easy way to get this source, and its more satisfying. Think of it like drinking diet soda (life drain spell) and regular soda (blood).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts