Help with enchanting please!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SD3

I want my weapon to have the strongest enchantment on it, should I raise my enchantment level to 100, OR just get the perk "Enchanter" where it makes your enchantments a certain percentage stronger? Would really appreciate an answer

ShadowGambit

First, you should change your font color, it is kind of difficult to read.

Second, what enchantment do you want on your weapon? if it is Fire/Frost/Shock damage, so you should go the Fire/Frost/Storm enchanter way.

If it is other enchantment, go the Insightful/Corpus way. The goal is to get the Extra Effect perk at 100.

I personally prefer Absorb health/magicka/stamina enchantment on my weapon.

Also, to get the STRONGEST enchantment without glitch, you should use +32% Fortify Enchanting potions

SD3

Thank you for the response, I am new here and to skyrim, and I just learned the Health drain enchantment, so I will go that route! Also, how do I get the fortify potion? What ingredients?

Aquillus

I have a question myself actually. On the xbox, it takes some time to type in the custom names for enchanted items. does that cut into the time that the enchanting potion is lasting for? or does it pause the 'timer'?

ShadowGambit

Typing the name does not as far as I know. But I never tested to take a VERY long time to type the name though. I'm on PC.

But, outside of teh name typing, you better know before hand what type of item you want to enchant and with what enchantments and gems. Otherwise, if you are kind of undecided, the potion will not last long enough at the end to get the benefits of it.

Ingredients for the Fortify Enchanting potions are: Blue Butterfly Wing, Hagraven Claw, Snowberries, Spriggan Sap. Just mix 2 of them together.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I have a question myself actually. On the xbox, it takes some time to type in the custom names for enchanted items. does that cut into the time that the enchanting potion is lasting for? or does it pause the 'timer'?

While you are naming an item, the game gets paused, so it will NOT cut into your potion duration time. :) I've tested this myself. I've been able to enchant four items before my potion's duration ran out, and that's with two enchantments each. So you can take as much time as you need to name each of your items.

Aquillus

While you are naming an item, the game gets paused, so it will NOT cut into your potion duration time. :) I've tested this myself. I've been able to enchant four items before my potion's duration ran out, and that's with two enchantments each. So you can take as much time as you need to name each of your items.

Thank you VERY much :) I think I've wasted quite a few potions in the past out of fear of not getting the best enchantments possible...

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
If you haven't gotten your Alchemy to 100 and haven't taken the relevant Alchemy perks, your best bet is to buy or find a 25% Enchanter's potion in the wild or at an Alchemist's shop. If you are going Fire/Frost/Shock, you can take the +25% damage perks in Destruction tree to boost the power of your enchantments. If you have one sword with Fire and Shock, and the Destruction boosting perks and the Enchanting boosting perks, you can get 81 Fire damage and 81 Shock damage.

I highly recommend you look at this thread here, it has amazing information on what you can really do with Enchanting. It is kind of long, but incredibly well worth it.

The way of the artificer - Bethesda Softworks Forums