Help! what kind of computer virus do i have?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tbagalot

master forum ninja
I am currently using a different computer from which i have the virus on "obviously". Heres whats happening, when i try to fix this the problem like 20 messages all pop up in the same area, i can't access the internet, when i go to click the main button in the bottom left of the screen there is nothing there, when i click to get support it won't let me access the page on the internet, it says the harddisk is damged and currently working 20% slower, and alot of critical problems with the software. I don't think it is a hardware problem because i've only had the laptop for about 3 years, the one i'm using now is about half the size :'(. Does anybody know a place where i can get my pc fixed? So can anybody tell me whats going on, it's my moms laptop so the money's coming out of my pocket.

Broodje

Panem et circenses
You can always try to set your pc back to when it was in a good state, then you can prevent the virus from happening.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
You don't need to pay to get it fixed. If you have access to "My Computer" then you can download AVG free on a flash drive and use that to install it on the screwed up computer. Depending on the virus you might not be able to do anything about it though. How much knowledge about PCs do you have? If you have a decent amount I could run you through using Hiren's to fix it.

C-Rex

Try booting in safe mode. If it works, download an anti-virus program such as AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials and perform a virus scan. If safe mode doesn't work, use system restore to restore your computer to before it got the virus.

Max

Darkness, Silence, Blood...
When ever i get this Problem i just Re-Format. If your able to get antivirus on your computer through a disk or usb flash drive that always helps. But if all else fail you might have to Re-Format.