Help crafting the best Glass Greatsword ever

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I love the look of the glass weapons and have crafted and enchanted quite a few at this point (I love enchanting stuff). Currently I'm wielding a Glass GS Legendary damage 131, that does 27 stamina damage and sucks souls. I want to make the most bad@ss glass sword ever.

I'm currently at:
Level 63.5
100 smithing with steel braces of smithing: 17% better weapons and armor
100 enchanting with two enchantments per item perk
62 alchemy with Dwarven braces: Potions 20% more powerful
82 two handed

I have lots of ingredients for making potions.

I'd really appreciate your input and advice.

Speech500

I love glass too

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I guess no one was up to this callange, so I did it on my own :cool:

6667703971_05686d3e0f_z.jpg

Then "damage" field will only show three digits. The actual damage for this sword is 1368

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
It's real. I did it with my xbox last night using items I enchanted and potions I crafted. I got my alchemy up to 100 first.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Very impressive Mauli, it makes a person want to experiment a bit more at the forge instead of just at the Alchemy table.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It's done by using an exploit.

Fortify Restoration potions are only supposed to increase your Restoration skill but due to a coding error it increases the fortification strength of all apparel enchanted with a Fortify skill enchantment and the effects stack with each successive potion you take as long as you unequip and equip the apparel.

People just make a lot of Fortify Restoration potions and take them over and over again while equipping and unequipping 4 apparel items that have Fortify Smithing and Fortify Alchemy enchantments on them resulting in apparel that increases Smithing and Alchemy skills by several thousand percent.

They then use the the apparel to make Fortify Enchantment potions that are multiples stronger than would normally ever be possible to make ridiculous strength enchantments and smith the weapons to ludicrous amounts of damage.

I suppose it can be amusing for some and people make videos using the items for laughs, but to me its no more amusing or impressive than typing in the god mode key on the tilde console for the PC version of the game.

What's really laughable is that this is a reason why some players call the game unbalanced and too easy. It has to be one of the most idiotic reasons I've ever heard for claiming a game is too easy or that weapons are overpowered. :rolleyes:

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Fortify Restoration = Bug/Exploit
Taking advantage of the Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting synergy = Game breaking but not a bug or exploitation.

tragik

Premium Member
I have to agree with Dagmar, I was an assassin/archer and had a Daedric bow that did 800+ damage. It made the game unchallenged, but rather than say it's the games fault I knew it was my fault (greed). Started over and swore never to do it again. But then again, this is a game and you can play it any way you like.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
I felt a little bad the last few days, like I was being put down for doing what I wanted to try to do; make a bad@ss glass sword. I don't feel like I was "cheating". I collected all the ingredients to make my potions, I worked my skills up honestly. I fold/bought empty soul gems and filled them myself. I researched. I worked hard at doing what I set out to do. I didn't just type in "god". I enjoy crating items and enchanting and that is kind of my main concentration right now. I didn't get my skill level up by just making daggers.

I used the Vorpal Shard to slay a few giants and mammoths to fill some soul gems, but never intend to use it for real gameplay. I just wanted to see what could be done.

So, last night I crafted an "honest" Glass Great sword; I didn't used Fortify Restoration at all and it didn't come out too shabby:

The Minor Vorpal Shard
Damage: 104
75 Stanina damage
If target dies in 20 seconds it fill a soul gem

DirtySki

Premium Member
I cant read people's minds but I would have to say the comments left here weren't directed at someone such as yourself but more for the people who use bugs/exploits & then cry that they beat the game in 4 hours because it was soooooo easy & stupid.
Everyone likes to have fun & its everyone's God given right to have fun but no one can say what should be fun for everybody. I myself enjoy luring unsuspecting followers into Nepo the Nose's house in Markarth, directing them to stand in a corner, facing away & walk up behind them & put the ebony blade thru their oblivious chest. Some might say I have some anger issues or whatever but I say to each his own. It'd be pretty friggin boring if we were all the same.
O & I thot the soul trap enchant was absolutely hilarious. :)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You don't have anything to feel bad about, but it is in fact a cheat. People use them all the time and IF it makes the game more enjoyable for them I'm fine with that.

What I find extremely annoying though is the proliferation throughout the internet on forums of posts by players who try to jump on the bandwagon in threads critiquing Skyrim for balance issues by posting their completely irrational complaints about overpowered weapons made from using the Fortify Restoration potion exploit.

When I read posts like that I have to wonder whether they are simply ignorant of the fact that it's not part of the intended game mechanics or are actually that obtuse. I think it's important when players inquire about how something was done in a game, as some did in this thread, that it be made clear to them when it's explained that if it utilizes an exploit, it is in fact, using a cheat because for many players it matters to them. They're not going to want to use it if they realize that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts