• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kaine777999

Oblivion wasn't about a realm. And besides, pretty m,uch every expansion or DLC so far has had something to do with a daedric realm. And it is not very likely that they'll do childrens day, though I wish they would, and the dwemer are also unlikely, though still more possible than childrens day. Tales and Tallows and The Akaviri are most likely to be in it.

Children's day was a joke.........

I won't repeat Tosh Raka's point, but he is right.
Also there was only one expansion about Daedric realms, one out of five is not equal to "pretty much every expansion" I am not counting those Oblivion dlc's that did sfa.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I think that, if we get a Thalmor / Great War DLC, the Dragonborn will start a new line of dragonborn emperors. This makes the most sense to me at least, however the Thalmor / Great War will hopefully be saved for the plot of TES 6.

Yay! I'm not crazy! Way back when I first started playing Skyrim and read "The Book of the Dragonborn", I wondered if I had a legitimate claim to the throne. As it was never brought up, I soon dropped the idea, though I still thought it was interesting.

But would it really work for a game? The heroes of Tamriel are always doomed to shadows and obscurity. They pop in for a moment to save the world, before departing from the stage before anyone can get a good look at them. Is it really canon for one of them to assume a position of visible, world-encompassing power?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Yay! I'm not crazy! Way back when I first started playing Skyrim and read "The Book of the Dragonborn", I wondered if I had a legitimate claim to the throne. As it was never brought up, I soon dropped the idea, though I still thought it was interesting.

But would it really work for a game? The heroes of Tamriel are always doomed to shadows and obscurity. They pop in for a moment to save the world, before departing from the stage before anyone can get a good look at them. Is it really canon for one of them to assume a position of visible, world-encompassing power?

Well, so far the Neravine has lead an expidition to Akavir and the hero of Kvatch became a Daedric lord, so I wouldn't say emperor is out of reach. Not to mention how the DB quests killed Titus Mede II and a successor hasn't been mentioned yet. The whole emperor thing would be convinent too, because the emperor would be the Dragonborn's descendant by TES 6. This being said I would choose the return of the Dwemer / Falmer 1000 times before this. The problem with all of these things is that they really have to happen in Skyrim DLC if they're going to happen at all. Unless of course TES 6 sends us to Hammerfell, because there's plenty of Dwemer stuff there...

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Oblivion was about the merging of Mehrunes deadlands with tamriel.... It was all about a realm of oblivion....hence "oblivion"

Yes but it was about Mehrunes Dagon invading, whereas the Shivering Isles was about saving the Shivering Isles and Sheogorath/Jygalagg. I might have spelled Jygalagg wrong.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Children's day was a joke.........

I won't repeat Tosh Raka's point, but he is right.
Also there was only one expansion about Daedric realms, one out of five is not equal to "pretty much every expansion" I am not counting those Oblivion dlc's that did sfa.

I meant to say included or had something to do with, Tribunal-Azura and the arguably the Tribunal, Bloodmoon-Hircine, Shivering Isles-Shivering Isles/Sheogorath/Jygalagg, Dawnguard/Soul Cairn, maybe Molag Bal, and Knights of the Nine had none as far as I can tell, as I never played it.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Yes but it was about Mehrunes Dagon invading, whereas the Shivering Isles was about saving the Shivering Isles and Sheogorath/Jygalagg. I might have spelled Jygalagg wrong.
Not to go back and forth but you need to enter mehrunes dead lands several times in the game for the main quest to progress. Dead lands was just as important in tes4 as cyrodiil. Either way I really don't see a plane of oblivion in the next dlc. But definately something about a choice u make. Aid one side as opposed to the other.
I keep coming bak to the point of Akavir because I feel it's so crucial to understand the history of dragons and dragonslayers

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Not to go back and forth but you need to enter mehrunes dead lands several times in the game for the main quest to progress. Dead lands was just as important in tes4 as cyrodiil. Either way I really don't see a plane of oblivion in the next dlc. But definately something about a choice u make. Aid one side as opposed to the other.
I keep coming bak to the point of Akavir because I feel it's so crucial to understand the history of dragons and dragonslayers

I definetly agree with you when it comes down to the Akavir and a crucial decision. It could have something to do with welcoming or destroying the Akavir? Though it could also have to do with Tales and Tallows and Necromancy in general, or both.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
I definetly agree with you when it comes down to the Akavir and a crucial decision. It could have something to do with welcoming or destroying the Akavir? Though it could also have to do with Tales and Tallows and Necromancy in general, or both.
One can only hope. Would be interesting and considering dawn guard had a main quest a and a smaller side quest it would be cool. In oblivion, there was also KotN then shiv isles... So let's hope dawn guard was the small addon and they're planning something huge!!

If pole arms are included it should be a skill tree. (stabby spears, choppy pole axe, and smashy long mace)

Shortly after Skyrim released, I read about a glitch(?) that allows you to see the lands from the other games. They said it was in there so players could keep on seeing stuff, but you have to glitch to see it? So early talk was expecting dlc that sends yo to Morrowind, etc.
I hope so.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Shortly after Skyrim released, I read about a glitch(?) that allows you to see the lands from the other games. They said it was in there so players could keep on seeing stuff, but you have to glitch to see it? So early talk was expecting dlc that sends yo to Morrowind, etc.
I hope so.

That is the same as getting out of a city after you enter the loading screen. It is just there for looks, so it doesn't look like Skyrim falls away into nothing at the borders, and it shows two landmarks, the White-Gold Tower and Red Mountain on Vvardenfell, but you can see those from Skyrim without the glitch. If you walk far enough it starts getting less detailed and then falls into nothing. They're saving the other provinces for TESO, though you can see some, such as Black Marsh and Elsweyr, with mods.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
The book Hearthfire was about the prince of the empire being assassinated, so it may be possibly about the fallout after the killing of the emperor by the Dark Brotherhood.
Skyrim would play a large role in this because the Jarls of Skyrim are often related to the royal family and there have even been times when the High King of Skyrim has become the emperor of the empire.
... It might be possible that Ulfric Stormcloak could become the emperor of the empire and declare war on the Aldmeri Dominion!!! OH THE HORROR, (part about Ulfric becoming emperor not fighting the Dominion)!!!!!!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
The book Hearthfire was about the prince of the empire being assassinated, so it may be possibly about the fallout after the killing of the emperor by the Dark Brotherhood.
Skyrim would play a large role in this because the Jarls of Skyrim are often related to the royal family and there have even been times when the High King of Skyrim has become the emperor of the empire.
... It might be possible that Ulfric Stormcloak could become the emperor of the empire and declare war on the Aldmeri Dominion!!! OH THE HORROR, (part about Ulfric becoming emperor not fighting the Dominion)!!!!!!

Yes but the book is named after the month, and DB is optional, so it seems unlikely. It probably has to do with something that happens during the month, though that is still a pretty good point. Also I like the Ulfric thing.

jamiem7

True Nord 4 lyf
I don't think we'll be visiting any other countries in Tamriel as part of the second expansion pack for Skyrim. This is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, not Hammerfell or any other.

Nor do I think we'll play a part in deciding the fate of the Empire/Emperor's throne since no-one has won the civil war yet, it hasn't been recorded in TES lore and is still ongoing. Things like that will probably be decided when the next game is released, and we'll have a summary of what's happened since 4E 201 when the events of Skyrim happened (Ulfric killed the High King, civil war broke out, Alduin returned and is killed etc).

It's possible that the storyline for Hearthfire, assuming that's the name of the next expansion, is linked to necromancy, if the rumours I heard are true. Before Dawnguard, vampires in Skyrim were pretty boring and were no more than hostile mages to me. Maybe the same will happen with necromancers, and they will have awesome powers instead of boring raise dead body spells, and the player can delve deeper in to necromancy and use those powers, or try and stop the necromancers, but then that would just turn in to some sort of recycled Dawnguard so I don't know. But there is a chance the storyline of the Hearthfire expansion is related to necromancy somehow.

Maybe the great tiger-dragon, the biggest dragon on Nirn, Tosh Raka of Akavir, who has plans to invade Tamriel, will actually attempt that, and it will be up to the Dragonborn to stop him. If that's the case obviously it'd be more in-depth than just 'stop a dragon from fluffing plops up'. Akaviri weapon/armour design seems to resemble that of the samurai. So maybe Tosh Raka would be a Chinese style dragon as opposed to a Norse one, something like this

Chinese_dragon.png

Then again the whole Akaviri dragon thing doesn't really link to the name Hearthfire.

I guess only time will tell. There are also rumours that we will be able to purchase land and build our own houses/buildings in the game as part of the next expansion, which if it's true will be awesome.

TheHaydz242

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
My assumption is if you read up on the entire series of books from 2990 last year of the 1st era it's centered around the downfall of the reman empire and the assassination of the Tsaesci (akaviri snake men) potentate Versidue Shaie
Tying the possible name of the DLC to an entire series that went by the months of the year is a big stretch. There is nothing partcularly notable that happens in Hearthfire, the ninth book of the series.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone that might want to read the books but the book series is not about
the assassination of Potentate Versidue-Shaie. It's about his ascension as ruler of the Empire. But the book series is also about much more than that. It's about the last days of the Reman Dynasty, the chronicles of the Tribunal, the war between the Empire and Morrowind and its end, as well as several subplots tied to them. It runs the entire gamut with noble and despicable characters and everything in between, battles of steel and magic, political intrigue, love, betrayal, tragedy and vengeance.
In other words they are an account of what was going on in the last year of the First Era. Although one of the main characters in the book series is Akaviri, the book series itself really has nothing to do with the Akaviri as a race.

In referencing the month of Hearthfire the DLC could be about anything.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The book Hearthfire was about the prince of the empire being assassinated..
No it wasn't.
Prince Juliek is killed in a case of tragic mistaken identity by an assassin hired by his mother to kill his father in the eighth book of the series, Last Seed.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I don't think we'll be visiting any other countries in Tamriel as part of the second expansion pack for Skyrim. This is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, not Hammerfell or any other.
Then do you think that this game won't expand to any new area for us to explore?
I think we have gotten the smaller DLC in Dawnguard and now we are more likely to get a larger DLC that expands into some new area similar to the Shivering Isles. I think going to a land that we might have already been to like High Rock, Cyrodil, Hammerfell, or Morrowind as a DLC would be appreciated by some of the fans. Also we haven't seen the western parts of Hammerfell or High Rock, nor have we seen the mainland of Morrowind and seeing as I doubt that Bethesda will revisit these games in the near future it would be nice to revisit them in a DLC.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
If that were to happen we would most likely just see small parts of Cyrodill and the Thalmor provinces, another necromantic realm, like the Soul Cairn, or possibly part of Akavir, and I find those three unlikely as well. A man can dream, though... A man can dream...

Haru17

Lost Falmer
How funny is it that we were all dreaming up grand plans while Bethesda was making snowberry scones?