Hearthfire Players, Who Do Like to Adopt?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rimfaxe96

I picked Sofia because seeing her sleep in Nenya's backyard in Windhelm ist just heartbreaking. And Blaise because I can't see it when children have to live worse than the animals on a farm.
I probably wouldn't touch the kids in the orphanage though. Now that Grelod is dead they're far better off with the other woman, and they have a roof over their head and stuff. Unlike many other kids in Skyrim who sleep outside in the snow and barely make a "living".

So I found a mod that lets me adopt all four of them. From now on, every single character I make will be adopting all four of the homeless children.

:eek: There is a mod that allows you to adopt more than 2 kids?!
... Gimmie Link.

Wildroses

:eek: There is a mod that allows you to adopt more than 2 kids?!
... Gimmie Link.

Okay. Here it is on Nexus: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29249/?
and Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122852220

It lets you adopt six in total, but I've only ever gone to four. The author also advises you move them into Hearthfire Houses with bedroom wings if you want them all to sleep in a bed at night. It works better if you use it with a new character who hasn't adopted yet, but there are complicated instructions using the console for those who have already adopted but want more kids.

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
Actually the only reason, and I mean only reason, I decided to take the plunge and install mods in my game was because I got Hearthfire. I'd find Sofie homeless and trying to sell flowers to eat and adopt her. I'd find Lucia begging for money and hear her tragic story and adopt her.

And I'd feel utterly terrible because Alesan and Blaise were living lives of indentured servitude, Alesan feel exhausted all the time and Blaise feeling miserably unloved, but I had to leave them living like that because if I took one of them in it meant a little girl would remain homeless and starving.

So I found a mod that lets me adopt all four of them. From now on, every single character I make will be adopting all four of the homeless children.

I feel the kids in the orphanage are actually doing a lot better than they were once Grelod is gone. A roof over their head, regular meals, Constance likes them and the possibility of adoption now exists. I don't ever adopt any them. I leave my last two potential adoption spaces open for kids who could potentially be orphaned in dragon or vampire attacks. It hasn't happened yet, but it pays to be prepared.

T'is a shame that Xbox doesn't allow game mods. If only I could adopt more than two.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
When I do adopt, I always adopt Lucia first and then adopt one of the street boys (either from Dawnstar or Windhelm). I NEVER adopt from the orphanage (hey, they already have a roof over their head). This time I'm playing an Argonian so I can't adopt (yes, I know I technically could, but why would I adopt a human child?), I have to agree with other posters that I wish there were Argonian, Khajit and all varieties of mer children about too (while Khajit kittens and Argo pups might be cute, just imagine a little Orc kid! He'd look like a pug dog!). I understand one of our fellow forumers is working on a mod that will allow that! If it works, it's enough to make me finally install Skyrim on my new gaming computer!

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
I understand one of our fellow forumers is working on a mod that will allow that! If it works, it's enough to make me finally install Skyrim on my new gaming computer!

They are? Sweet!

But why must we the gamers put in that mod? Was it Bethesda just being lazy that they didn't put other kid races in the game, or was there a specific reason why they left them out?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I understand one of our fellow forumers is working on a mod that will allow that! If it works, it's enough to make me finally install Skyrim on my new gaming computer!

They are? Sweet!

But why must we the gamers put in that mod? Was it Bethesda just being lazy that they didn't put other kid races in the game, or was there a specific reason why they left them out?
Who knows. Maybe the same reason that the default for Redguards makes them the only ones with dirt on them.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Alesan, the orphan boy running around Dawnstar. I just had to get that poor kid out of the snow.
And Lucia from Whiterun. They are both at my Lakeview manor house.

Next build I think I will get the little girl at Windhelm though, found her sleeping on the cold rocks and couldn't adopt her because I already had two.

Domino

Question: As I've never adopted a child before in Hearthfire (my mage doesn't need kids ruining his research) is Aventis Arentino adoptable? Cause I'm thinking about it for my other character.

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
Question: As I've never adopted a child before in Hearthfire (my mage doesn't need kids ruining his research) is Aventis Arentino adoptable? Cause I'm thinking about it for my other character.

I looked, but it appears you can't adopt him. He stays at home, even if he says he'll return to the orphanage. If you're playing Skyrim through a PC, it might be possible to hack into the console and make him adoptable, but don't quote me on that. Such console hacks have been known to cause glitches or worse for some characters, so be careful.

Arlo Tarbox

I just got Hearthfire a few days ago. After reading up on some of the kids in Skyrim, I decided I'd take in Sissel of Rorikstead (seen here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Sissel). She sounded so sweet, and I did not like hearing that her sister and her father beat her. Guess that's one more person added to my Hitlist XD

I'm curious, if you adopt, who would you guys pick? Would you pick more than one kid?
I picked up two, one from Whiterun and Winterhold, But I'm a bad mother cause I'm never home. I did marry Mjoll,so she's home with the little yard apes. It seems to be working out, for me....Mother of the year-Not...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts