• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chezzy

I used to play FPS games once...
WTF I have just been walking down the road at night and some random headless horseman ghost ran down the road and disappeared!! Anyone else seen this? I've played 200 hours and this is my first sighting

shelder

i was traveling once too and i saw the same thing, but instead of disappearing he was just standing outside of a cave. tried talking to him but he ignored me >.> couldnt attack him or anything

brandon

yeah i chased him once i thought if i followed him he would give me a quest. i started out on a mountain and chased him through labrythian and down into the valley west of whiterun but i lost him cause i had 3 skeletons attack me. and then 2 giants joined in. and the 3 frost trolls from labrythian joined in i thought i had killed 1 but i guess not. and then i couldnt find the ghost anymore.

I don't know if it's the same ghost, but I encountered a ghost riding a horse the other night but he wasn't on the road- he was floating and riding across the sky into the horizon. It was really peaceful and almost a bit magical to watch. At first glance, I couldn't make out what it was at first. From far away, it honestly looked like some glowing flying jellyfish. I was able to make out the details the closer I got and felt silly for thinking it was some kind of sky jelly. Stranger things have happened though :p

brandon

I don't know if it's the same ghost, but I encountered a ghost riding a horse the other night but he wasn't on the road- he was floating and riding across the sky into the horizon. It was really peaceful and almost a bit magical to watch. At first glance, I couldn't make out what it was at first. From far away, it honestly looked like some glowing flying jellyfish. I was able to make out the details the closer I got and felt silly for thinking it was some kind of sky jelly. Stranger things have happened though :p
where were you at i aint seen that one before. sounds like apollo from the ancient greeks or something bringing in the new day.

where were you at i aint seen that one before. sounds like apollo from the ancient greeks or something bringing in the new day.
Thats exactly what I thought when I saw him. He was very fast and I was unable to catch up with him unfortunately. To the west of Whiterun is the Western Watchtower. If you go to that location on your map, you'll notice a small mountain to the left (west) of the Watchtower. I was making a complete circle around the mountain and exploring the surrounding flat fields when my encounter occurred. It was also very late at night. I hope that somewhat explains where I was. I wish I could be more exact, I'm sorry :sadface:

Verac

He does nothing, and is related to nothing, just a cool event he will randomly lead you to places but nothing of significant value, just like the 3 goats on the bridge event and the dead troll underneath

anthony H

i also seen the ghost man on a flying horse on a new account i made. he was between redoran's retreat and dustman's cairn. it was about 10:30 p.m. on the 27th of last seed. i will try to see him again because he just flew off into the distance when i shot an arrow at him when i stood up. if you do see him i would suggest crouching because he left right when i stood .

Tate

WTF I have just been walking down the road at night and some random headless horseman ghost ran down the road and disappeared!! Anyone else seen this? I've played 200 hours and this is my first sighting
Actually, the headless horseman will lead you to an area with several skeletons and a really powerful item

Tate

He does nothing, and is related to nothing, just a cool event he will randomly lead you to places but nothing of significant value, just like the 3 goats on the bridge event and the dead troll underneath

Your right about the Billy Goats. Its just a easter egg like the pacman in the house. But the horseman leads you to a special item gaurdedby several skeletons.

Verac

Your right about the Billy Goats. Its just a easter egg like the pacman in the house. But the horseman leads you to a special item gaurdedby several skeletons.
its not special just a randomly generated item

Ritterkreuz

This is what I like about Skyrim, random detail :)

Exactly, and the less answers Bethesda gives us about this stuff the better. It leads to speculation and adds volumes to the game. For example, what's up with the skeleton under the water at Dragonsreach?

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
The headless horseman leads to a graveyard with some skeletons and I believe a Draugr. It is based on the Danse Macabre by Saint Saens.

Aquillus

Isn't it supposed to be Ragnar the Red or whatever? From the bard song where his head rolls around on the floor? I've also heard that you can talk to him by using the "become ethereal" shout.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
The headless horseman seen throughout Skyrim was once a prince who lived in an enchanting castle, but even though he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, cruel, and unkind.
One winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle and offered him a single rose in exchange for shelter from the bitter cold.
Repulsed by her haggard appearance, he turned the old woman away, but she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty comes from within. And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress.
The prince tried to apologize, but it was too late, for she had seen that there was no love in his heart, and as punishment she transformed him into horrifying headless horseman.
The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom until his 21st year. If he could learn to love another and earn her love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken.
If not, he would be doomed to remain a ghost for all time. As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a specter?

Isn't it supposed to be Ragnar the Red or whatever?
.......I'm totally accepting that as canon. Never thought of that.
That's awesome! :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts