Having trouble getting the 'Purity of Revenge' Quest

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Genos

I've just completed the 'Bloods Honour' quest but Vilkus won't give me the 'Purity of Revenge' quest, now after looking around on other forums apparently its due to the fact that the quest to recover the helm of Winterhold takes place in the same dungeon, i've looked for ways to fix it but the only ways given are on the pc (i play on xbox). Can anyone offer a solution.

Arlais

I have the same issue. Also on the 360.

I turned in the Helm of Winterhold after I first read about the glitch (unfortunately had killed some mobs in order to get it ... which evidently is a no-no) and hoped that would be enough. Nope.

I went ahead and cleared the entire dungeon, hoping the fragments would somehow be there (as supposedly the Silver Hand took off with them when I got back to town with the witches' heads).

Nope.

Now all of the Jorvaskr NPCs are perma-stuck with a bunch of looted Silver Hand bodies at their feet.

I have the witches heads and no way to revert to an earlier save (has been over-ridden long ago and way too far into other quest lines to even think about backtracking).

I'm willing to wait and let the dungeon reset if you think it'll remedy the problem.

However, if riding out the 30 days to let the dungeon reset doesn't do it, then what? Wait for the patch? But that won't fix any current character quest glitches, right? I really, really want to finish the Companions, being soo close to the end, and this is just ... grr. I would hope that since this is a main quest line, something so minor as killing a few mobs to get some helm won't break it, but ... it is what it is, I guess. Sigh.

Genos

unfortunately i have tried all the suggested remedies for this quest and none have worked, the only way i see would be to start the game again and complete the companions that way

Landon

ya i'm stuck the same way on the ps3 version :| awe well being a werewolf has its perks while being in the dark brotherhood.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Same glitch here on XBox 360, despicable how many game breaking glitches are in this "Game of the Year".