Has anybody else noticed this about Dark Elves?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Dinya_Balu.png

Those of you who have entered the Temple of Mara in Riften should remember this face.
It is the face of Dinya Balu. She is the only Dark Elf priestess in the temple. Notice how
unusually dark she is compared to this PC Dark Elf:

dunmer.jpg

I am almost positive that this is the darkest skin tone(referring to PC Dark Elf) available
to those who wish to play as a Dark Elf. If not, it's hardly darker in terms of shades and
leans more towards grey than it really does a darker blue. Does anybody else feel as
puzzled as I do about this?

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
She probably has the darkest skin tone, with A LOT of dirt on her that is shaded black. Or Bethesda made her like that.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
It's definitely not dirt as her neck matches the skin tone of her face. I knew there was at least one other one, but I didn't include her because I couldn't remember her name. Regardless, I would assume that this was a result of rushing the game development in order to release Skyrim on it's release date. Otherwise, I don't see any explanation behind it that would make sense.

Shadowbane

Premium Member
you're sure shes a dark elf, and not an orc?

EDIT: nevermind, she doesnt have the teeth of an orc.
maybe they used orc skin by mistake?

maybe they just didn't want player made dark elves to have that skin tone.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There are other Dunmer whose color is not grey. Lluafyn, the bard who plays in Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm has blue tinted skin and Niranye the trader in the Stone Quarter has green tinted skin. I can get my skin darker than the OP did in his player pic though:

standalone

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts