• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So, having been inspired by reading others hardcore play through I decided to try it myself. Not a blog, but a play through. I used a lot of the rules set up by others such as resting after dying and eating, sleeping etc. I also use the can't use potions in the middle of combat and if a follower dies they are dead etc. I also through in a couple of others to fit my character, which is a Imperial Paladin. He can only follow one deity and can't murder, no sneaking (not honorable) has to give quarter if asked etc. He also can't wear any armor that looks like it might be evil, so no ebony or deadric or orcish. I also can't enchant or steal souls.

Well, it has been a challenge to say the least. I have to find or purchase my magic items. Keeps me broke for sure. I still don't have a good one handed magic weapon. I am using my Skyforged Steel Axe. Oh, I have found a lot of nice magic two handed weapons, but haven't found hardly any one handed weapons. I wonder if the game is doing that on purpose since I am playing on expert level. (Sorry not good enough to play on the highest level.)

Anyway, just posting to say I am having fun doing this, and will most likely continue this type of playthrough on my next few characters. It adds such a fun challenging dimension to the game.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Cool build. Paladin type builds are one of my favs. I like the armor restriction you placed as well.

Don't apologize for playing 'only' on expert. Imo, that is the best difficulty. Master and legendary are ok if you don't mind pumping 10 arrows into a deer. The difficulty scale in this game is horribly unrealistic at high levels. It's less about strategy and more about doing damage.

Good luck.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts