• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Hello!
I'm just going to tell you all my thoughts on Guild Wars 2 from my time on the Beta, thanks to Renegader for the Beta Key!

Well at first my mind was blown away by the visuals and the graphics, then I was blown away at how fluid it all went, then I was blown away at how the choices I made at the character creation influenced my story line.

I was pretty much blown away all the way up to level 10, when I finally found out how to get into pvp.
This is where the game lacks for me. Yes it's awesome getting free 80 gear, and seeing the skills and traits at 80, but unfortunately the pvp seems more like whoever can have the most friends, and not who can kill more people, it also seems as if you still need to do a cookie cutter build in order to truly dominate or even survive longer in each game.

I can see myself not participating in the pvp side of this game, it just seems that regular pvp is generic; I've yet to test World versus World, but others have assured me that it's quite possibly the best thing about the game.

Some miscellaneous things to note!
The ability to dye your armor as you go is pretty nifty, you get a plethora of shades and colors to truly make your character your own.
The way the game makes it feel that you alone are making a supreme difference, while not getting rid of the MMO aspect is quite frankly a relief to finally see return to MMORPG's.
The weapon system of, moves unlock as you use the weapon, is awesome, and the way that the weapons become greater as you add things to them, rather then having to choose between a sword or a mace.

Overall score 9.0/10.0 It's truly breathtaking to play, I found myself playing from the original 3 hours to almost 6 without even noticing the time. I may dislike the regular pvp scenarios, but other may enjoy so I can't really take a big score off the game solely due to that fact.
My opinion, pre-order it now; it's truly a game to own and love, the fact that there isn't a monthly fee makes it that much more needed in your home.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts