Xbox 360 Guild Master? Where's the respect?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

Lol! Got real bored with Vex's smart mouth, so I tried to teach her some manner's. all that did was cost 1k in gold. If one is the Guild Master, and supposed to be the boss, what gives on the attitude with that NPC, and why does the Guild Master have to keep on doing job's short of "setting an example"?

Tilse

Spellsword
I guess because there would probably be literally nothing left to do if you didn't have to do quests that relate to the guilds anymore.
It doesn't make me feel like I'm really the master/leader of the guilds, but oh well. Feels weird being The Listener of The Dark Brotherhood, yet still taking jobs from Nazir.

AS88

Staff member
Just another example of the game being unfinished.

"You're that one from the college, heard about you"
Well I would hope so, I'm the Archmage and saved Skyrim from *spoiler etc*

"So you're the new member of the Companions, eh? So you, what, fetch the mead?"
No I do not fetch any mead, I am the one they sing of in Sovngarde after I *spoiler etc*

To be honest, I wish that Skyrim hadn't even been released yet; they should still be ironing out all of these little bugs and issues that drive people insane. The game loses all interest for me once you start completing factions, because there's nothing left. Why can't the Dawnstar guards hear about the new sanctuary and try to take it? Why can't you organize jobs for the Guild yourself? Why can't you tell Nirya to get lost because she contributes nothing to the College? I could go on and on!

mamali

i'm the leader of companions , dark brotherhood and thives guild and i'm the dragonborn so i should be most powerful person in Skyrim but nobody respects me :sadface:

JClarke1953

Vampire Lord, Guild Master, Dragon-Born (killed Alduin), killed Dawnguard Leadership, helped win war with Storm-Cloak's (but now wonder about Ulric and his predjudices), seen letter's to Maven indicating she is secretly working with Imperial's, also know she has prayed to the Night Mother (for who to die?), woman in Riften cheating on her husband, home's in Whiterun, Markarth, Riften, Windhelm and Solitude.

Destruction Power's maxed out (still looking for Peerless Destruct Robe's), so using Sanguine Rose staff and/or turning into Vamp Lord on job's fairly easy. Doing job's for Guild, like sweeps, bedlam, shill's, burglaries, well, so easy to do during the day. My char just walks in and does the job, NPC's present or not (guessing because char is well known).

Why nothing new after becoming Vamp Lord and Serana's father dead. If my char is in charge of Castle, why is it sent out to gather, seduce or kill. Sometimes I wonder if those who wrote the game even know their legend's and history.

So, until they manage to get around to fixing thing's, that is IF they are, guess I'll try a new char, and go a different direction. Probably still will do the Mage thing, as I prefer stealth as opposed to hard charging into a melee.

redrkt

Premium Member
Think I am going to create a new character and name him Rodney Dangerfield..... Cause "I just don't get NO respect"

JClarke1953

I guess because there would probably be literally nothing left to do if you didn't have to do quests that relate to the guilds anymore.
It doesn't make me feel like I'm really the master/leader of the guilds, but oh well. Feels weird being The Listener of The Dark Brotherhood, yet still taking jobs from Nazir.

My char hasn't had a job from Nazir since the move, and became the Listener. And all she does is send my char to the same NPC's to get the contract and the same NPC's to kill. There's a "recruit" in there, don't really know what her purpose is, but it's not that I need her.

Tilse

Spellsword
My char hasn't had a job from Nazir since the move, and became the Listener. And all she does is send my char to the same NPC's to get the contract and the same NPC's to kill. There's a "recruit" in there, don't really know what her purpose is, but it's not that I need her.

Hmm, maybe it's not Nazir that I meant, but the Night Mother. It's been awhile since I've played so maybe I got confused, lol.
Oh yeah, the recruits are for if you want them to come with you as followers I believe, but if they die they just get replaced without you needing to do anything. I don't bring along followers though.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
It's the Thieves Guild, did you expect them to bend over and kiss your shoes? They are too busy seeking their own wealth to show anyone respect. As for the guards, news probably travels slowly to them. I wish there was a Black Horse Courier in Skyrim. I always loved reading news articles about my Oblivion character, or events he caused.

Xivia4

I wish console players could get the Guard Dialogue overhaul mod or a fix along those lines. The mod pretty much fixes all of the stupid dialogue from the guards. My second character got crap when she first arrived to Whiterun but as she started completing quests the respect also increased. Guards now say:

"I hope the day is finding you well, Thane."
"You're... the Harbinger of the Companions."
"Good day to you, Harbinger/Thane."

What makes it even better is that it's all of the original voice actors. I also no longer hear about someone stealing my sweetroll. Kind of OT but Hearthfire changed Lydia's dialogue for the better.

JClarke1953

It's the Thieves Guild, did you expect them to bend over and kiss your shoes? They are too busy seeking their own wealth to show anyone respect. As for the guards, news probably travels slowly to them. I wish there was a Black Horse Courier in Skyrim. I always loved reading news articles about my Oblivion character, or events he caused.

Well, the way thing's were going, it seemed there was a bit of honor among Thieves. The previous Guild Master seemed to get respect, and after what "I" did to get thing's going again, I would have thought Vex's mouth would have settled a bit. I mean Delvin is is cool, calls me "Boss", good to see you Boss, have a seat and a drink Boss. So why is Vex such a b?

But then, I didn't have anything to do with making the game. Although long before this point, I wish I would have had some kind of input, at least to keep the storyline right, and the legend's and myth's of Vampire's and Werewolve's correct.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
There isn't any.

What I've found is that it doesn't matter how awesome you are. You could have killed Alduin, used his body to feed orphans, and let the the rest biodegrade and enrich the environment. But even then, only the town guards so much as acknowledge your deeds. That's why I love them.

I try to name them and keep up with the names. Sullivan got lost once.

JClarke1953

You bet I expected that! Lol, not really! I did hope Vex's smart mouth dialogue would change, gets me wondering if she wanted the GM position. But then...

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
It ruined the immersion for me to be honest. I don't play the game so much any more and when I do, nothing I accomplish seems to mean anything. I am considering buying a better laptop so I can buy Skyrim for it and just mod it up. There are so many things I want to change with the game as well as the dialogue of the Npc's in Skyrim.

I want to be able to make my character look a lot more like the way I want by adding in hair mods and other things like that. I agree with whoever said that game shouldn't have been released so early. I would have preferred a game that was finished and had to wait longer than a half finished game early.

JClarke1953

Well, I won't have to worry about the glitches I mentioned. I started a new game, not realizing I needed to save it somewhere else, or somehow else. I thought my 360 would just put it somewhere while I played my new game. Well, it didn't. I messed up real bad, as when I went looking for it to play on it for awhile, I couldn't find it! Even went into the system and games under Skyrim. The ONLY stuff there was what I had done today!

So lesson learned here, but am wondering how/where I should have made the save. All my $$$, home's, ranking and children are gone!

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
Well, I won't have to worry about the glitches I mentioned. I started a new game, not realizing I needed to save it somewhere else, or somehow else. I thought my 360 would just put it somewhere while I played my new game. Well, it didn't. I messed up real bad, as when I went looking for it to play on it for awhile, I couldn't find it! Even went into the system and games under Skyrim. The ONLY stuff there was what I had done today!

So lesson learned here, but am wondering how/where I should have made the save. All my $$$, home's, ranking and children are gone!
Same glitch happened to me. I played it on ps3 when it happened to me though. I lost a lot of houses, money, armour and weapons to that glitch, as well as hours of awesome game-play. :sadface:

JClarke1953

Yeh, and I hoarded all kinds of weapon's and gear, to disenchant them, and to work on other things. And thing's were getting a bit boring. I absolutely hate grinding for gold, which is what I was doing. All the quest's or job's were in the same places, killing the same NPC's, nothing new. I had hoped Bethesda would have something for when many of us got to certain point's in the game. Guild Master, Listener, Arch-Mage, Killer of Alduin, Dawnguard eliminator, Imperial hunter. But, there was nothing, but for a bunch of broken or un-doable quest's/job's.

But now I have another opportunity to go a different direction, and do things differently. I am staying with Magic, as I prefer stealth and surprise when I cast as opposed to charging in, sword's or war hammer's or axes swinging.