• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
So apparently my 4 year old son started getting DVDs out of the box on his own and damaged a few of the disc. Since the games are on the same shelf as the DVDs there was some collateral damage. Both my Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim disc are cracked. FO:NV was a total loss with a crack from center to midway through the disk. Skyrim however was only cracked around the center so it would still play most of the time. Until the other night when it would not play at all and made a horrible noise when it started spinning. Normally I would just replace it but I've already done that once. But with the holidays coming up and more expenses new kid and new car payment. Its hard to disagree with my wife when she points that we've already spent $120 on "That Game". So I guess it's to to get reacquainted with Oblivion and FO:3

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Cool story bro.

mamali

my mom says the same thing : '' you already spent 50000 tomans ( iran money ) on those videogames ''

and i guess my future wife will say the same :p

Aphiliam

The Lioness
I'm new here, literally, just registered and this is my first post. I've read a couple of threads, though and so far it seems like a lot of people on here are douches.

Is it just me or do a lot of 'contributors' seem to be 4chan and Reddit leakage?

I haven't been on a forum in a couple years; I've been wanting to get into it the last couple months and this is my first shot, but back in the day it was a place where you could go to talk, socialize, criticize and share ideas. You had a couple dicks and kids ruining the experience but it was relatively few compared to the people who actually wanted to be there to talk about the subject at hand.

Well, sorry for the rant.

As for your actual topic, that sucks. I know, partially, how you feel. I pre-ordered Skyrim, played it for a few weeks and then ran into some money difficulties and had to sell it. My ex-roommate bought me another copy for Christmas which I managed to keep a couple months until I lost my job.

Since then I think I've sold and re-bought it another three or four times. I don't know why I bother selling it anymore, the money isn't that good and my resolve lasts until the next expansion or the next 'tip' I read online, then I'm foregoing grocery money to save up and buy it again.

Pretty excited for the new DLC, so right now is a plopsty time for you to lose it altogether. Maybe your wife has/is planning on buying it for you for Christmas and didn't want to ruin the surprise?

Best of luck.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I'm new here, literally, just registered and this is my first post. I've read a couple of threads, though and so far it seems like a lot of people on here are douches.

Is it just me or do a lot of 'contributors' seem to be 4chan and Reddit leakage?

I haven't been on a forum in a couple years; I've been wanting to get into it the last couple months and this is my first shot, but back in the day it was a place where you could go to talk, socialize, criticize and share ideas. You had a couple dicks and kids ruining the experience but it was relatively few compared to the people who actually wanted to be there to talk about the subject at hand.

Don't let anyone get to you too much. Everyone is actually pretty nice here for the most part. There are some "Come and Go" peeps that troll alittle and go (Or get the Royal Rayven Hammer of "Peaceful reason") but other than that, they are pretty nice and I think you will like contributing to this site.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
BTW, I don't have an XBox. I play Skyrim on my PC.... But that being said, on PC you don't even have to have your disk. I actually had to remove and reload Skyrim once and my computer didn't even want my disk. That's not the same for Xbox I'm guessing?

BTW, I don't have an XBox. I play Skyrim on my PC.... But that being said, on PC you don't even have to have your disk. I actually had to remove and reload Skyrim once and my computer didn't even want my disk. That's not the same for Xbox I'm guessing?

No it isn't the same ( I am playing Skyrim on my xbox right now^_^ ), but I am pretty sure us Xbox users are able to download games from the marketplace and don't even need a disk, they just will show we purchased them on our profile. But then again downloading a whole game (especially Skyrim I would assume) would kill your memory.

The Phoenician

Yeah I've heard downloading large games also leads to some performance issues. But I couldn't tell you first hand. Plus it cost the same as buying the disc off the shelf.

I think it's time to get reacquainted with a new wife. Just kidding.... Kinda.
I hear ya but that would be a vary bad decision. Financially speaking of coarse.

And Aphiliam most people on here are decent folk.

Aphiliam

The Lioness
Maybe I just looked at the few threads where the trolls had gotten into. (;

You lot seem nice enough.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

HATERS+GONNA+HATE_05d460_3317189.jpg

If you are gonna call me out, do it, without beating around the bush. So to speak. Just sayin'.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I feel your pain....

Maybe you can get a pre-owned copy somewhere. A lot of non-franchised games stores sell games well below the normal asking price.

The Phoenician

That's probably what i will do I might just pick it up for the PC this round.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I've become too used to using the console, games just don't feel right when I'm not lying in bed playing it.

But don't worry too much about JD, unless you try to have a debate with her. She is basically the Heaven doesn't want her and Hell is afraid she'll take over type :p

Aphiliam

The Lioness
View attachment 2918

If you are gonna call me out, do it, without beating around the bush. So to speak. Just sayin'.

Wasn't you I was talking about.

I was talking about someone who posted something with 'inb4' and 'fag' in a different thread. I used this one to rant because I actually wanted to comment on this post as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts