Guess I should have posted here first ;)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Loren

Dragon Priestess
Hello, all!

I'm Loren. Or, rather, my Skyrim character is. I've had several over the past few years, but Loren is the first I've really felt any sort of "connection" to. She's the sort of person I dream of being. Strong, beautiful, and completely badass.

I'm 33, and have been playing Skyrim for a few years. I got my start in the Elder Scrolls universe with Oblivion, and later moved on to Morrowind (and a bit of Daggerfall, as well, but I didn't care for the combat system).

I play on an Xbox 360, and am not above exploiting glitches, as long as I can reconcile them with established lore (some, I can just argue are "spells," such as the infamous wooden plate glitch).

My character is currently at level 222, and has completed the main questline, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, and Dragonborn.

I look forward to participating in this wonderful community!

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Hello, all!

I'm Loren. Or, rather, my Skyrim character is. I've had several over the past few years, but Loren is the first I've really felt any sort of "connection" to. She's the sort of person I dream of being. Strong, beautiful, and completely badass.

I'm 33, and have been playing Skyrim for a few years. I got my start in the Elder Scrolls universe with Oblivion, and later moved on to Morrowind (and a bit of Daggerfall, as well, but I didn't care for the combat system).

I play on an Xbox 360, and am not above exploiting glitches, as long as I can reconcile them with established lore (some, I can just argue are "spells," such as the infamous wooden plate glitch).

My character is currently at level 222, and has completed the main questline, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, and Dragonborn.

I look forward to participating in this wonderful community!
I certainly look forward to meeting you!....Oh wait....:D

Stalker

Welcome Loren. Oblivion got me into the Elder Scrolls also. 222 is a crazy high level didn't think you could go that high!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Welcome aboard.

Don't feel bad, I tend to suspect I never actually did a thread in here myself

Loren

Dragon Priestess
Welcome Loren. Oblivion got me into the Elder Scrolls also. 222 is a crazy high level didn't think you could go that high!

Levels can go up almost indefinitely, now that skills can be made Legendary. My process involved a restoration loop, ending with a Fortify Enchanting potion. I used it to make a ring that allowed for items to be smithed a few MILLION times more powerfully. This gave me items with insane sale values.

I then smithed a ton of iron daggers up to Legendary quality (over 170 damage per hit, and several million gold in value), and sold one apiece. Doing this makes Speech jump up to 100 INSTANTLY. I made Speech Legendary, and repeated the process about 70 times.

Cheating, you say? Nah. . .just using my available resources. I don't use the superpowered weapons (except for a two day spree of killing dragons and giants with one hit, using a toy wooden sword that deals 445 damage. . .but that was just for fun). I just make them to sell. ;)

Lucid

Welcome!

Loren

Dragon Priestess
I detailed it above. You do a restoration loop, to start with. This involves wearing four or more items with a Fortify Alchemy enchantment (I used the following combo: Ring, necklace, bracers, circlet, Penitus Oculatus helmet), along with a decently high Alchemy skill. You make a Fortify Restoration potion, and drink it. Then, immediately go into your inventory, remove the enchanted gear, and put the items back on. Immeditaly go back to the alchemy lab, make another Fortify Restoration potion, drink it, and repeat the process. You'll notice that the effectiveness of the potions, and your gear, goes up exponentially.

The last potion I made was Fortify Enchanting. I used it to make a couple of rings (Fortify Smithing and Fortify Carry Weight). This enabled me to make insane weapons (bows that do 700 damage, iron daggers that do 150 damage, etc), and have over 250,000,000 points of carry weight. I smithed a bunch of superpowered iron daggers, and sold them. Each time I'd sell one, the insanely-high sale cost made my Speech jump up to 100, and made me level up. I'd set Speech to Legendary, and then repeat the process.

Edit: It only seems to work with selling iron daggers. A word of caution: You can actually "break" your alchemy skill by doing this. I can no longer make effective potions. The most I can do is make poisons that do 4 damage, and effects that last 1 second.

seanridge

So your speech increases astronomically because of the high selling price even if the vendor only gives you what he has in gold?

Loren

Dragon Priestess
Yes. The vendor can even have zero gold. Just complete the transaction anyway.

Like I said, though, this only seems to work with iron daggers.

Loren

Dragon Priestess
Yeah, they've patched a lot of good glitches.

By any chance, was the armor duplication glitch patched? If not, I can't get it to work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts